longest song you've ever learned?

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by ndcaster, Nov 6, 2017.

1. rave

rave Tele-Holic

In A Gadda Da Vida. Rim shot

2. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Longest in duration, or longest to learn ? I'm STILL trying to learn the solo to Cinnamon Girl.....:lol:

3. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot Tele-Holic

I've Been Everywhere by Hank Snow. Not only long but a tongue-twister with tempo changes!

ndcaster likes this.
  4. Don Miller

Don Miller Tele-Afflicted

One time we played "Louie Louie" for 45 minutes at a youth center dance....had a surf drum solo and a raga rock guitar solo similar to "The End".....

5. ecoast

ecoast Tele-Holic

GG&HT

edit: green grass and high tides

6. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 Tele-Holic

Stairway to Heaven. Can sort of do both acoustic and electric with a T5z.

7. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Holic

"Starless And Bible Black" by King Crimson.....we did a jam session and out of a joke started playing it, as I really love the melody line at the intro.
    Well, we sort of tried our best, the I wasn't really able to do justice in mimicking the crazy saxofone solo. But the hardest part was the 13/8 counting - we really chewed on that one. Anyway it was fun - probably more for us than than audience, but it was late on a party and we did warn them that something strange would be coming (we also played PJ Harvey Down by the water and people were quite into it, so I guess the party was special anyway.....).

When we get to jam with saxofone/trumpet/trombone players, "Papa Was A Rollin' Stone" in the extended version is always a must! We play it as long as I'm able to continue wiggling on the wah-pedal in time...

8. michael6136

michael6136 TDPRI Member

A learned the entire outro solo of Blackfoots "Highway Song" as note for note as possible. Long forgotten by now.. and it was only a few months ago!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.