Longest day and a half ever (ngd/npd)...

3fngrs

Poster Extraordinaire
So, the cop hold was off this morning and now she's mine!
20220101_191023.jpg

20220101_191928.jpg

20220101_192011.jpg

And here are my Les Pauls together:
20220101_142831.jpg

While I was picking the guitar up I saw a Fuzz Face Mini used for $40. I tried it out and loved it so I bought it. 2 weeks cop hold on that, of course.

That's not all bad because it gives me a chance to see if I can put together enough of my old gear to trade on the Mesa Boogie Fillmore 50 that I also tried out. :D Hopefully I can get rid of enough stuff to get that for around a grand.

So, I'm getting really good gear and reducing the inventory of pretty good gear that I don't really use. Win-win!

I would like to get down to no more than 5 electrics and 1 acoustic. Not counting my sticker-bombed, mutilated, but still very playable, Recording King dirty-thirties parlor. Got to have a beater.

That, two amps and I'll let the stomp boxes accumulate.

How was your New Years day?:cool:

Nitty gritty: 2020 Les Paul '50s Standard, used but like new.

Last edited:

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
So, the cop hold was off this morning and now she's mine! View attachment 935693
View attachment 935694
View attachment 935695
And here's my Les Pauls together: View attachment 935696

While I was picking the guitar up I saw a Fuzz Face Mini used for $40. I tried it out and loved it so I bought it. 2 weeks cop hold on that, of course.

That's not all bad because it gives me a chance to see if I can put together enough of my old gear to trade on the Mesa Boogie Fillmore 50 that I also tried out. :D Hopefully I can get rid of enough stuff to get that for around a grand.

So, I'm getting really good gear and reducing the inventory of pretty good gear that I don't really use. Win-win!

I would like to get down to no more than 5 electrics and 1 acoustic. Not counting my sticker-bombed, mutilated, but still very playable, Recording King dirty-thirties parlor. Got to have a beater.

That, two amps and I'll let the stomp boxes accumulate.

How was your New Years day?:cool:

Nitty gritty: 2020 Les Paul '50s Standard, used but like new.
'Cop hold'? Does this mean items were at a Pawn shop, and there is a wait period, to make sure they are not stolen?

3fngrs

Poster Extraordinaire
Beautiful!
I don’t own a Les Paul but that’s the one I’d go for as well.

Tell us all about it.

It's awesome!

I need to fiddle with the set up just a little more but it's really good now. The neck is great, thick but not quite clubby. A good handful. Fit and finish are great.

The other guitar is a Gibson Les Paul Classic Satin that I've had for a few years. It's nice but the Standard is better in every way.

Last edited:

GeneB

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
30 day hold on items traded in at any Guitar Center in Florida is the rule as well. I bought my used D-35 on day 1!! of the hold at the Tampa GC and had to wait 29 days to pick it up. The good news was they took it off the wall and put in the case on day 1 so it was not used/abused during the wait period.