Long Island afternoon and evening

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Vincent Caster, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Vincent Caster

Vincent Caster Tele-Holic

Well.

This post can in no way or form make justice of the wonderful afternoon and evening that was provided by this forum's own Inertian and his lovely wife.

Ian hosted the 6th annual Long Island Jam and it was as great as the 5 previous.

There are others on this page that will be able to post far more eloquently than I, but allow me to express my gratitude to Ian and Michelle for their indulging a mass of tele players, 2 drummers, at times 2 bass players, the Oceanside Horns (thank you gents!) and even a little zydeco accordian!

I would allow that a great time was had by all and let me say this will be the last time that I try to go toe to toe with Chip on tequlia shots ( I figure he had half a bottle on me and he still put down) no harm, no foul and Chip forgive me in advance for pushing you in front of the bus.

It was a great day filled with taste. Tasty playing, tasty gear, tasty food and good taste in company. As the ZZ TOPS say "TONE. TASTE AND TENACITY" Yes. that is a wondeful recipe.

Thanks to all my friends on this page and off and god bless our cosa nostra!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  2. IPLAYLOUD

IPLAYLOUD Friend of Leo's

Sorry we couldn't stay long...a Surprise Party for Shadoe was at 5:30.
    The weather was perfect...Michelle outdid herself again with the food (I hope she got to sing), and it was great seeing all the guys having fun playing! I was happy to hear there were 3 or 4 Bass Players!
    Thanks again to Ian, Michelle, and Crew for letting us all into their home.
    I'm 6 for 6 now.

So, who got Longest Distance? Oldest Tele? Most pedals used? Most Beer consumed? Most songs played?

3. Mike Rice

Mike Rice Friend of Leo's

I don't know if I travelled the longest distance; Hurley to Lindenhurst by way of Peekskill? But I think we had the longtest duration of travel. Thanks to the lovely Bronx and Long Island traffic, our little odessey took about 5 hours!! Not as bad coming home, only 4, but I'd still like to know where the blue blazes all those people were going at 10:30 on Saturday night. Don't they have homes???

Vince provided ceaseless entertainment for Eryque and I on the way home. Well, until he passed out. His greatest quote, among many, was "there can be 2 bass players, but there's only 1 reality". Deep.

The 2 drummer thing worked out for the most part, and I think the only dificulty was the distance between them. 2 bass players is not something I reccomend for any genre of music.

Aside from some noodling in Nashville last week, this was the first I'd played since Bill Kirchen was in town the first week in July. Needless to say it felt really, REALLY good to stretch out and play some solos. I also got to sing quite a few tunes, play drums on a few, and even picked up a bass for one of the last songs of the night. I felt like Louise Mandrell!!

Some really tasting playing, muc of it coming from our host, Ian. I can barely get him to play loud enough to be heard at my jams and yesterday he was ripping it up with a vengence. He and Michele also did a lovely duet, and Michele's renditions of Little by Little and Hurt So Bad were enough to give anyone goosebumps. I dig and respect Susan Tedechi big time, but you have not really heard It Hurt So Bad until you've heard it sung by Michele Azrikan.

Good people, good food, great weather, and a chance to finally play my guitar with a bunch of cool musicians. The type of day that dreams are made of, but with this group it's our blissful reality!

4. Vincent Caster

Vincent Caster Tele-Holic

Heehee, well as another Vince said in "Wedding Crashers" (which has the best dinner scene in the movies - Isla Fisher is a goddess from down unda - Auckland is my place of birth - Kumate Haka!) "It was the booze dancing"

Mucho credit to Mike, Ian, Joe, Chip and Rich who have hosted the HV gang.

5. div

div Tele-Meister

well they say there's mutiple realities all happening at the same time in quantum physics & after playing with 2 drummers in stereo I'm inclined to agree.

But seriously I'm so glad I could make it. Thank you Ian & Michelle for putting the thing together & doing such a great job. It was awesome seeing & hearing everybody again and the eggplant was pretty good too. But the highlight for me was getting to play Frank's (oops, sorry- keep referring to you as "Fred"- I think that name's stuck in my head because of James Brown's trombone player, Fred Wesley) 1952 telecaster for a couple songs. I really will never forget that. See you guys again soon I hope.
    -Mike

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.