!!!London Jam!!!2019!!!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by AngelStrummer, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Mid Life Crisis

Mid Life Crisis Poster Extraordinaire

Pretty sure I'm OK for either date Angelo so count me in. Now you mention an alternative venue I wouldn't be averse to that.

PeterUK likes this.
  2. AngelStrummer

AngelStrummer Friend of Leo's

Great Richard, I'm looking at Bush Studios. I'm doing a session there in early September so I'll report back. I doubt it'll be worse than what we're used to...

Mid Life Crisis likes this.
  3. Tony474

Tony474 Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

I'm up for 13th or 27th October at time of writing. As Sam Goldwyn didn't say, exclude me in!

PeterUK and AngelStrummer like this.
  4. nutball73

nutball73 TDPRI Member

I can do the 27th, 13th might be tricky. Are you talking about Mill Hill studios? We used it for the last jam and it was good value - scruffy, but serviceable.

5. PeterUK

PeterUK Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Better dates for me so pencil
    me in. I’m due for some more hand surgery so will play occasionally. Or if I’ve had the surgery, not at all, but I’ll still come anyway.

I’m going to bring my Bigsby equipped 27-in scalelength Tele so those Strat boys don’t have it all their own way with their fancy wiggle bars!

:) Peter

AngelStrummer likes this.
  6. Texas Special

Texas Special Tele-Meister

Morning! October good for me. Last year's venue was OK, but as Alan mentioned some of the backline was a bit questionable. But it's not a bad place. Definitely driving this year though, so I can bring my own amp. Not heard from Tony of late, but I'm sure he'll attend if possible.

AngelStrummer and AAT65 like this.
  7. ricknbaker

ricknbaker Tele-Afflicted

I should be good for October except the 20th 'cause we have a gig.

AngelStrummer likes this.
  8. Texas Special

Texas Special Tele-Meister

You'll not be alone, I'll have a Bigsby with me.

PeterUK likes this.
  9. Tony474

Tony474 Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Just thinking about it, I haven't been in touch with Rick J. for a while. Last time we spoke he'd had some health issues. I'll give him a call and see how he is and whether he'd like to come along this year.

jhundt, AngelStrummer and PeterUK like this.
  10. PeterUK

I haven’t spoke to Rick for ages either! Give him my best regards & persuade him to come, even if it’s to sit on the sidelines.

:) Peter

jhundt and Tony474 like this.
  11. Tele22

Tele22 Tele-Meister

How is a jam organized so everyone’s not getting in the way of anyone else? Are there limits on the number of participants? How many are in the room at a time, are there drummers/bassists involved? Do people take turns playing, is a backline available, etc.

I’d be interested in trying to organize a jam in Vienna, Austria, but have no idea about how to set it up so it’s a good experience for all involved.

If someone could provide a brief overview of how to go about this, I’d be grateful.

12. AngelStrummer

You just put a bunch of players in an appropriately equipped space and confide in everybody's good sense. That's how we've been doing it for almost a decade in various locations and it works well enough for those involved to want to do it again. :D

AAT65 likes this.
  13. AngelStrummer

Good-o, hope to see you this year man.

14. AngelStrummer

The usual place is Bourne Studios, off Harrow Road. We might change to Bush Studios in Shepherds Bush. You can Google both and check out.

15. AngelStrummer

Ok, consensus seems to be around 27th October, so let's pencil it in for confirmation around early to mid September. With 5 to 10 Tele players, a drummer, a bassist and a keys player, it'll be a fun day.

16. jhundt

jhundt Doctor of Teleocity

27 October? that's cutting it close man! I don't know if Boris will let me in, and I don't even know if he'll let me out!

AAT65 and PeterUK like this.
  17. jhundt

like AngelS said - find a place where you can play without people complaining; try to have a few amps available for those who can't bring their own; make sure there is a good bass amp and a bass guitar, and make sure there is a drum kit and a drummer.

I like it when everyone is in the room together. It is a true madhouse - don't expect to hear any kind of great wonderful music. It's just fun to play really loud all together. It is loud, it is chaos, it is great!

It helps to have a list of songs and who will sing them (and the key in which the song will be played). Just ask the participants to suggest one or two songs - and in which key they prefer to play/sing them! - and use that as a list. It will all be so off-the-rails that you might never even use that list.

To be fair and honest, I should say this: we had many successful sessions here in Holland. Some of us wanted a more structured environment. I wanted a less-structured environment, and I enjoyed the chaos and madness of 10 guitar players all playing together - or not together!

It is just a jam, it's meant to be fun and everyone should play as much as they want to.

AAT65 likes this.
  18. PeterUK

I know what you mean. We’re travelling to Lisbon, Portugal on the 3rd November for a week - as you say, if I can get out - and coming back via Doha, Qatar but I’ve not idea if we can back in! :lol:

Crazy times!

:D Peter

jhundt likes this.
  19. jhundt

if you can't get back in, you can always come and live with us in Holland. We are quite fond of our UK friends!

PeterUK likes this.
  20. AngelStrummer

Ha! Yeah well, I'm sure they'll let you in. And if it all goes **** up, I'm sure they'll not only let you out, they'll probably pay for your ticket home! :eek:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Tony474 and jhundt like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.