Lollar vintage T (or fralin) compatible w/ feder neck PU?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by div, Feb 12, 2009.

1. div

div Tele-Meister

Lollar vintage T (or fralin) compatible w/ fender neck PU?

Hey. I kinda prefer the older A5 52RI pickup in my '97 to the A3 one in my '99 (& a nocaster bridge I also tried) and wanted to get something like the older RI pickup. Lollar "vintage t" seems like it would be about right and it looks right too, and sounds good in sidneystreet's awesome sound clips.

I asked Lollar if their vintage bridge pickup was compatible wth a stock 52RI neck pickup (phase issues ala duncan, etc) & they didn't know. They also said this, which I confess confuses me: We can’t be sure about phase issues with the ’52RI neck, but we can build the vintage T bridge with a separate ground wire (adds $10.00 to price). That way, you can reverse the leads if necessary.

anybody know if there's any issues with mating a lollar vintage T bridge with a fender 52RI neck pickup?

fralin blues specials also seem like they'd be about what I'm looking for (though they don't have the exact right look)- anybody know if these can be combined with a fender neck pickup?
    thanks.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  2. div

div Tele-Meister

one more try......

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.