1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Lollar Pickups On a Squier??

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by KrenarCilku, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Oldsmobum

Oldsmobum Tele-Holic

Yep, what it all boils down to is that they are all wood and wire. I would judge the guitar’s worthiness not on the make/model but by how well it plays.

KrenarCilku likes this.
  2. timbgtr

timbgtr TDPRI Member

Totally support serious Squier upgrades. Before I got a MIM Fender ash Tele (in the avatar), I used a Squire Affinity, and put a Fralin hybrid in the bridge and a GFS Fatbody in the neck. It was great. I took those out of the Squier and put them in the MIM, and to be honest I’m not sure I’m much better off than if I’d left them in the Squier.

KrenarCilku likes this.
  3. Jensen

Jensen TDPRI Member

Thank you. That was a rather interesting video. I certainly not a difference but I would say to my ear it is a difference in how they sound and what their character is and not as much a difference in how good they sound quality wise. My preference would depend on my mood any given day like it does when I decide which of my guitars I want to play.

KrenarCilku likes this.
  4. KrenarCilku

KrenarCilku Tele-Meister

thanks man, I really appreciate the kind words!

68Telebass likes this.
  5. AmpHandle

AmpHandle Tele-Meister

For a comparison why not try too coax some really bad tones out of them? Surly $200 pickups never sound like crap only the cheap ones do.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.