Lollar Imperial Mounting Screw Thread Size and Pitch

Cheap Trills

Tele-Afflicted
Hello. I purchased a set of Imperial Humbuckers for my Strat project and the provided screws were too long. I cut them with a grinder but rushed the job and didn't get a clean cut on them. I know they are non-standard, does anyone know what the threading is for these? Home Depot and Lowes don't carry screws this thin, so I need to order them.

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Try filing the cut end flat carefully. Then file a 45 degree chamfer on the end. This will often let you use the screw.
If it wont go into the pickup threads by finger turning after, buy a steel or SS nut to run onto the screw to clean up the threads first.

Last edited:

Cheap Trills

Tele-Afflicted

SAE 3-48 X 1 1/4" (33MM)​

Use an music parts supplier like Mojo Tone or Philadelphia Luthier Tools

Based on Stew Mac link below, I'm thinking 3-48 thread.

Pickup Height Screw for Humbuckers

Try filing the cut end flat carefully. Then file a 45 degree chamfer on the end. This will often let you use the screw.
If it wont go into the pickup threads by finger turning after, buy a steel or SS nut to run onto the screw to clean up the threads first.
Thank you!

old wrench

Friend of Leo's
And next time you do this, thread a steel nut on first.

Good advice - I try to do this whenever I need to cut down a fastener's length :)

By threading a nut on prior to making the cut, you have the opportunity to use the nut as a tool to clean up the cut threads.

The nut works sort of like a die by cleaning up the ragged edges of the cut threads as you back it off the fastener after you've made your cut.

I still like to clean up the cut-off end with a fine-cut file before unscrewing the nut and take off that sharp edge of the cut thread at the very end of the fastener.

This is the easiest way to get a nice clean end on your cut-down fastener - a nice clean end that you can either screw into the foot of the leg on your humbucker, or screw a nut on to.

You can make your cut end look and function just like the factory made end on a regular fastener ;)