Lollar CC Tele bridge PU anyone?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by udoering, Jun 21, 2015.

1. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's

I have a 2010 American Standard Telecaster; it´s a nice guitar, I dig the somewhat darker neck pu, but like to change the bridge pu. So I am looking for a bridge pu that matches the neck pu regarding sound and output, a pu with less treble and more bass and mids.

After searching the internet and especially Youtube I came to the conclusion that the Lollar CC Tele bridge PU might be the right one (after viewing Tim Lerch´s videos). But we all know that Youtube-videos are not allways reliable to judge the sound of something.

So, is anyone here who has experiences with the CC, maybe even in combination with the stock Tele neck pu?

2. MackBolan

MackBolan TDPRI Member

- Lollar J Street Bridge wäre die bessere Variante,der CC Bridge arbeitet nur
    in Verbindung mit dem C Neck PU,sonst zu großer Lautstärkenunterschied.
    Hoffe das hilft.
    VG

3. Brokenpick

Brokenpick Tele-Afflicted

I just had a Lollar Charlie Christian NECK pickup installed.... and matched with a Fender 62 Bridge pickup.
    You'll be hard pressed to hear a lot of negative impressions of Lollar pickups.
    I like a lot of the sounds that a CC in the NECK can provide. I don't have any personal knowledge about the Lollar/CC Bridge options.

I had to be very careful of not being too disappointed at the fact that I couldn't make the same sounds that Tim Lerch does in his YouTubes...... He's a VERY adept player.... (and I'm very much of a Hack.)
    As with any number of fine pickups, I think a large percentage of what you can get out of them is based on "the tone in your fingers" concept.... and a remaining large percentage of the result relates to your amp. Then there's your ability to twiddle those knobs and tweak guitar and amp controls for the "best" affect........ And then you're mostly there.

4. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's

Thank you so far. I shuold have mentioned that I am not looking for that one perfect sound or the sound of Tim Lerch - the mentioned guitar is not my only one. I am just looking for a bridge pickup that is in chime with the neck pu in such a way that I don´t feel the need to adjust tone when switching between the pickups.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.