Logos & Clones

nosmo

Friend of Leo's
Quick question about brand name labels on clones.

I mostly hang out in the Home Depot forum. I’m much more of a woodworker than an electrical tech, but I love the sound of tube amps. May make one one day.

To that end, I have been lurking around here for a little bit. (I must say there are a BUNCH of really sharp folks here)

So, here’s the question. Why is it "OK" to put brand name logos, tube charts, etc. on home made clone amps?

I’m not trying to stir anything up, but most of the people building guitars think that is a no-no. The attitude here appears to be the opposite and I was just wondering why.

R. Stratenstein

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Quick question about brand name labels on clones.

I mostly hang out in the Home Depot forum. I’m much more of a woodworker than an electrical tech, but I love the sound of tube amps. May make one one day.

To that end, I have been lurking around here for a little bit. (I must say there are a BUNCH of really sharp folks here)

So, here’s the question. Why is it "OK" to put brand name logos, tube charts, etc. on home made clone amps?

I’m not trying to stir anything up, but most of the people building guitars think that is a no-no. The attitude here appears to be the opposite and I was just wondering why.

I dunno. Maybe because Leo Fender’s amp designs are said to be largely lifted from the tube manufacturer’s catalogs—probably with their full approval, seeing as how every amp Fender sold had an average tube count around 7 or more tubes? No doubt Leo moved some tubes for those guys.