Logan Custom Guitars Club

djh22

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Some stats from the PRS website that might help:
The neck shape on the Silver Sky was modeled after a 1963/1964 Stratocaster.
- Width of Fretboard at the Body: 2 7/32"
- Width of Fretboard at the Nut: 1 21/32"
- Neck Depth at the Nut: 53/64"
Send this to Bob and ask for his recommendations

LGOberean

Doctor of Teleocity
Hey everyone, a long-time viewer of this thread, a first-time poster. It's been numerous years now since I've known about Logan and have wanted one for a while and think the time has finally come to place an order.

My Core PRS Silver Sky is my number 1 and in fact, it's my only electric at the moment. It's the best feeling guitar I've had the opportunity to play. With that being said, I've been jonesing for a Telecaster. I've tried numerous set neck, less than 25.5-inch scale length guitars, and I haven't gotten on with any of them. I've come to the conclusion that I'm a "bolt-on, 25.5-inch scale length" kinda guy. I've had an American Standard Strat and American Professional Strat in the past that I both enjoyed very much, but I got the SSS mid-scooped sound covered with my Silver Sky. I want to start looking at Telecasters and I'm curious if anyone here can help with some recommendations when it comes to getting a Tele that has a similar neck feel to the Silver Sky.

I excitedly went to guitar center earlier this week because they finally got an American Professional 2 Tele in stock. I played it and it felt so clunky in my hands. Much bulkier feeling than my Silver Sky. I've narrowed down the problem to the neck profile specifically because I've played some guitars with 9.5 or greater radius'(SS has 7.25) and 6105 or greater frets(SS has 6230) and have been ok with that. It's really boiled down to the way my palm feels on the neck that has been a turn-off. One other neck profile that I have enjoyed is PRS' "Pattern Regular" which based on the numbers seems to be pretty close to a Silver Sky, so that makes sense.

Some stats from the PRS website that might help:
The neck shape on the Silver Sky was modeled after a 1963/1964 Stratocaster.
- Width of Fretboard at the Body: 2 7/32"
- Width of Fretboard at the Nut: 1 21/32"
- Neck Depth at the Nut: 53/64"

I don't expect to find an exact replica neck, but the only problem I've had with the handful of Tele's I've played in stores over the years has been the necks. I love the way they look and sound, but haven't found one that feels comfortable to me yet. If I move forward with a build from Bob Logan, any recommendations on how to proceed to ensure I get the neck I'm looking for?

Thank you ahead of time to any responders.

Send this to Bob and ask for his recommendations

Just seeing this. Yesterday was spent with family. The wife of my wife's cousin recently passed, and family from out of town came in yesterday afternoon, the memorial service is about 90 minutes away. So for the moment all I have time to say is "Ditto to what @djh22 said."

LGOberean

Doctor of Teleocity
I've reached out to Bob. Thank you for the suggestion @djh22 and @LGOberean

Curious, has anyone here gotten a more specific neck from one of Bob's builds that isn't listed on the Custom Guitar Form on the Logan website?

I haven't gotten real specific over about the necks on mine the years. As a long time viewer of this thread you probably have seen posts about mine before, but I've got five Logan Custom teles. In each case it's a 9.5" radius C-shaped neck. One out of the five is thinner, the others are medium C necks.

I do have one of Bob's guitars that is not a tele style, specifically Bob's "Challenger" model. The neck on that one is the snakeshead style, and the shape is fuller than a medium C. It feels to my hand more like a D. And I think it has a compound radius. It feels a bit strange at first if I go straight from playing one of my teles to that neck, but before long, it's very comfortable to play.