Logan Custom Guitars Club

LGOberean

Doctor of Teleocity
Merry Christmas to you all. In this pic from a few years ago, I'm playing for seniors at a local retirement home, using my Logan Custom "Firecaster" (2012). For a better look at just the guitar, it's the second from the right on the couch, in the second pic below.

upload_2021-12-25_10-46-13.jpeg

upload_2021-12-25_10-41-29.jpeg

Bob Logan

Tele-Meister
Hi my friends, Some really bad news happened on Tuesday. I lost my precious wife Margi. I am so sad and heartbroken. The emptiness inside of me is hard to bear. I can’t imagine my life without her. She was the rock that held our family together. She will be so missed. We were to fro old together. I miss her so much. Bob

LGOberean

Doctor of Teleocity
Oh, Bob, I'm so sorry to hear it! It's been 3 years since we were visiting with you, but it seemed to me then that she was well and full of life, so this sounds like it's out-of-the-blue sudden to me. Beth and I send you and your family our condolences, and our prayers are with you.

Muddyshoes

Tele-Holic
Hi my friends, Some really bad news happened on Tuesday. I lost my precious wife Margi. I am so sad and heartbroken. The emptiness inside of me is hard to bear. I can’t imagine my life without her. She was the rock that held our family together. She will be so missed. We were to fro old together. I miss her so much. Bob

Oh Bob, I am so sorry to read this, my thoughts and prayers are with you Sir.

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity
So many here have had the good fortune to play your wonderful guitars and knowing how much your wife meant to you, we all share in that loss, if only in some small way. Condolences to you and your family, Mr. Logan.

djh22

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I'm so sorry for your loss, Bob. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Last edited:

TeleTex82

Friend of Leo's
I haven't been on the forum in a while and so I am just seeing this. I'm so very sorry for your loss, Bob. You have my deepest condolences. Thinking about you and your family. -Sergio

Resojazznblues

Tele-Holic
I just
I just read this. I am sorry for your loss sir. God bless her soul. May she Rest In Peace.

Scooter Thomas

TDPRI Member
I have a Logan build in progress, near completion. I'm new here and had kinda planned on receiving my guitar then splashing into the club as a proud new member/owner. Alas, I had a missed call from Bob today, I returned the call and he conveyed this sad news of his wife's passing. As we spoke I implored Bob to take whatever time he needed without concern for completing my build. Astonishingly to me, Bob remains committed to delivering my build with little delay. My wife is a breast cancer survivor, we've faced this prospect, mercifully we survive. Joining everyone here, my heart goes out to Bob and his family.

LGOberean

Doctor of Teleocity
did Bob close his store? his site has been down for two days.

Bob's website hadn't been down the last time I checked, but that had been several days, maybe a week ago, so I just checked again, Logan Custom Guitars. The site isn't down now. As near as I can tell, there isn't any new content on there, no new listings in his "Guitars for Sale" online store. I have a text message in to him to see how he's doing, but no reply yet.

Gsweng

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
Bob's website hadn't been down the last time I checked, but that had been several days, maybe a week ago, so I just checked again, Logan Custom Guitars. The site isn't down now. As near as I can tell, there isn't any new content on there, no new listings in his "Guitars for Sale" online store. I have a text message in to him to see how he's doing, but no reply yet.
Hope Bob is OK. Depression is nothing to fool with. Larry, maybe a call is in order if you don’t hear from him. Difficult times.

Scooter Thomas

TDPRI Member
Hope Bob is OK. Depression is nothing to fool with. Larry, maybe a call is in order if you don’t hear from him. Difficult times.
My guitar is finished (yay!) and Bob sent some pics (awesome!). I called him to arrange alternative payment (my bank doesn't Zelle, so $500/wk limit). He sounded better, good really, and I was happy as he related his three daughters are with him constantly. I'm sharing this because folks here have expressed concern. I don't want to seem overly familiar, I'm just a customer, but these transactions aren't retail, it's a highly specialized craft and dealings are more personal... something like that. Anyway, Bob sounded good today, as good as can be expected.

Gsweng

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
My guitar is finished (yay!) and Bob sent some pics (awesome!). I called him to arrange alternative payment (my bank doesn't Zelle, so $500/wk limit). He sounded better, good really, and I was happy as he related his three daughters are with him constantly. I'm sharing this because folks here have expressed concern. I don't want to seem overly familiar, I'm just a customer, but these transactions aren't retail, it's a highly specialized craft and dealings are more personal... something like that. Anyway, Bob sounded good today, as good as can be expected.
I’m glad he has his daughters as a good support group. That will help a lot.

LGOberean

Doctor of Teleocity

Thanks for that. I'm glad to hear that he's continuing to work, and that his family is with him.

And you're right, the very nature of custom ordering from Bob gives you a more personal contact. With my first order in 2008, I was just a customer. But I was impressed with Bob's knowledge and integrity. In 2009 I bought my second guitar from him.

Then, in 2010, we had a house fire, and just a few hours after the fire was put out (nearly 40% damage, roof totaled) Bob called me and offered to come down here and lend his expertise to come help us rebuild. (Remember Bob spent 4 decades in construction.) But I actually had a local friend I've known since 1968 that was a custom home builder, who made me the same offer, so I thanked Bob but told him it wasn't necessary for him to come down.

I feel honored to call Bob Logan "friend." But it was five guitars and ten years later before I would meet him face-to-face.

Scooter Thomas

TDPRI Member
Thanks for that. I'm glad to hear that he's continuing to work, and that his family is with him.

And you're right, the very nature of custom ordering from Bob gives you a more personal contact. With my first order in 2008, I was just a customer. But I was impressed with Bob's knowledge and integrity. In 2009 I bought my second guitar from him.

Then, in 2010, we had a house fire, and just a few hours after the fire was put out (nearly 40% damage, roof totaled) Bob called me and offered to come down here and lend his expertise to come help us rebuild. (Remember Bob spent 4 decades in construction.) But I actually had a local friend I've known since 1968 that was a custom home builder, who made me the same offer, so I thanked Bob but told him it wasn't necessary for him to come down.

I feel honored to call Bob Logan "friend." But it was five guitars and ten years later before I would meet him face-to-face.
Aw man, great story -- not the fire, that's awful! -- thanks for sharing. He offered to come all the way across the country and help you with what had to be one heckuva heavy lift. Man, that's something, integrity indeed. BTW, Coastal Bend, eh... I'm in Austin.

Scooter Thomas

TDPRI Member
It's official, I'm a proud Logan owner!

This guitar is simply unbelievable, an extraordinary value. My buddy has been collecting vintage gibbys, mostly LPs and Jr.s, and this guitar has almost as much vintage vibe as those 50s Jr. planks, I'm serious.

Particulars: roasted ash body, Warmoth roasted maple neck, dark rosewood board, vintage tuners, conical 10-16" radius, SS6105 stainless frets, Callaham bridge plate, Fralin Blues set. And here's the kicker... 6.8 lbs.! I set out for a 7 lb. tele and man did Bob ever deliver! The roasted woods contribute heavily to the vintage vibe, it looks aged but the resonance is, well, unbelievable. Also, I'd read quite a bit where folks hem and haw over the Fralin neck, I bonded with it big time. It does this added chime thing on the attack and it doesn't sound like a strat but it substitutes where a stock tele neck doesn't, if that makes sense... I can't describe it but it's very cool.

So I'm thrilled, I had high expectations/hopes for this deal and Bob exceeded them.
tele1.jpg