1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Logan Custom Guitars Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by LGOberean, Mar 3, 2009.

1. TelecastrMastr

TelecastrMastr TDPRI Member

Almost three years ago, I read from this thread quite religiously, and it helped me decide what to do for my Logan Tele I had built! Bob did an amazing job even though he admitted he doesn’t get too many ‘72 T-style requests.

His six saddle bridge is hands down the nicest bridge I’ve ever played. I would’ve given this guitar a Trem if that bridge wasn’t so perfect!

These pictures are from when the guitar was new. It’s a lot more beat up now and some of the paint has worn off (which I LOVE).

Viva Logan!

Dan German and LGOberean like this.
  2. telecaster man

telecaster man Tele-Holic

78238717_1532299166926471_7558539569285562368_n.jpg hello all....this is my latest guitar from Bob Logan.....when i got it it had all chrome hardware....i replaced that with gold...its a beautiful guitar.....Bob my friend You Da Man

Attached Files:

3. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Wow, Sanford! Congrats on yet another Logan Custom tele!

Okay, questions…

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen pics of your collection. How many Logans (including basses) does this make for you now?

What’s the body wood? (I could guess, but let me just ask.)

What pickups?

What prompted you to go with mounting the bridge pickup straight to the body, and not go through the bridge plate? IIRC, G. E. Smith said that fattened up the bridge tone some. Do you find the same thing?

What jack input plate does it have? From what I can tell just in profile, it doesn’t have the traditional jack input cup.

4. telecaster man

Larry this guitar is one i bought already made...its one on his website and i liked it and bought it....when i got it all the appointments were chrome and whatever Bob put on it...i just changed them to gold...as for the bridge pickup i just took the long screws that came with it and put a thing under the pickup and screwed it in tight....had to raise and lower it until i got the sound i wanted.......as for the bridge...it does give a warmer sound and i like it....as for the jack input plate its the stock one Bob used...i simply did not change it....i do not like sharp tones when playing lead...i like them a bit warmer or fatter if you like....its just me....as for how many i have now...i have to check as i gave a few away...
    any other questions feel free

LGOberean likes this.
  5. LGOberean

I have a gig scheduled today. I don't know if I'm going to keep it. I'm not sure what's ailing me, and it's nothing serious, but I know the symptoms. I've got the sniffling, sneezing, coughing, scratchy sore throat thing going on. And since today's gig is at an assisted living/nursing/rehab facility, I'm not just concerned about my voice hitting all the notes, but also about spreading germs among the elderly. I've messaged the activity director and informed her of my circumstance, so I'm letting her make the call.

If I do play that gig today, I'm taking the most festive looking guitar I have: my Logan Custom Challenger with the orange haze finish. I've shared pics before, but here are a couple of it again.

In the first pic, my youngest daughter is playing it. A couple of Christmases ago she and her family were down. Her husband also plays guitar, and several of their (10) kids are interested in playing as well, including her son next to her. (BTW, it may not look it, but that's a parlor sized guitar he's holding.)

12-25-2018 - Jessica & Brady with my guitars.jpg My Logan Custom Challenger in Orange Haze.jpg

bsman likes this.
  6. rsquare

rsquare TDPRI Member

NewLogan.jpg

Thanks everyone for turning me on to Bob Logan. Getting my new Tele next week!

bsman, djh22, LGOberean and 1 other person like this.
  7. telecaster man

I want to wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas

LGOberean likes this.
  8. LGOberean

A Logan Christmas! Cool! :cool: The picture is a little dark on my monitor. What are the specs?

You are a man a few words, apparently: five posts in seven and a half years, with concise, to the point comments when you do post. Nothing wrong with that; I often wish I knew when to keep my mouth shut! :oops:

9. telecaster man

most of the world wish i would keep my mouth shut

10. rsquare

rsquare TDPRI Member

A Logan Christmas! Cool! :cool: The picture is a little dark on my monitor. What are the specs?

You are a man a few words, apparently: five posts in seven and a half years, with concise, to the point comments when you do post. Nothing wrong with that; I often wish I knew when to keep my mouth shut! :oops:

“SILENCE IS A TRUE FRIEND WHO NEVER BETRAYS.” CONFUCIUS
    :)

Bob Logan sent me the pic when he finished the guitar. Black a challenge to photograph probably. I'll have more to share next week when it arrives including a better pic.
    Wish everyone the best holiday this week!

LGOberean likes this.
  11. LGOberean

A Merry Christmas to all, and God bless us, every one!

(Every year, I either (re)read A Christmas Carol, or else I watch one of the many film versions of the Dickens novel. And some years, I even do both. But then you probably already guessed that, given my Christmas greeting above. :twisted:)

teletimetx and horax like this.
  12. LGOberean

Happy New Years, everyone!

This is my arrangement of "Auld Lang Syne," attributed to/transcribed/embellished by Robert Burns. This version utilizes all the verses in the Lowland Scots dialect. The order of the verses and arrangement of the chorus is my own.

I thought about using my Logan Custom acoustic/electric tel for this, but unplugged it wasn't loud enough for a good recording. So I’m playing this on my Hohner G-940 acoustic, and that's fitting, since for me this guitar is from “auld lang syne,” meaning “old long since,” that is, long ago, from days gone by. (I’ve had the guitar for 37 years this year.)

The idea to record this in time to post it online for New Year's 2020 was a spur of the moment idea, so the playing is a bit rough, as is my voice. But I didn't have time retake the video in time for midnight, so here it is, as is.

13. telecaster man

Happy New Year One And All

LGOberean likes this.
  14. LGOberean

Well, the day almost got past me, but someone turned 72 today... @Bob Logan , happy birthday!

djh22 likes this.
  15. LGOberean

Okay, we're 11 days into the New Year/Decade. I'm wondering if any of you here have Logan Custom resolutions :twisted: for the new year. A week or so ago, I corresponded privately with someone getting a Logan Custom built, hopefully we'll see a NLCGD ("New Logan Custom Guitar Day") post here in a few weeks.

As for me, I don't have in mind a new Logan Custom guitar in the new year, per se. But I am thinking of having Bob rework a couple of my existing Logan Custom guitars, getting new pickups and/or switching/wiring for two of my current Logan Customs.

Before I go into any specifics, has anyone else done something like this? Namely, change out a certain feature for something new you wanted to try, but in a guitar that's already familiar?

16. LGOberean

Okay, I posted my question 3 days ago. I know things have been slower around here of late, but as I reread my previous post now, I'm not sure I was entirely clear about what I was asking, so let me try again.

I wasn't so much asking if any of you have modded or tweaked your Logan Custom after you got it, because I've read here that some have indeed done so. On this very page, in fact, Sanford (a.k.a. telecaster man) posted about swapping out chrome hardware for gold. And I'm not talking about "problems" with guitars, but changing tastes/desire to experiment. So what I'm asking is if anyone has ever sent a guitar back to Bob to do the work of changing out pickups or wiring, etc.

I wish I had the tools and the skills to do this kind of work myself, but the reality is I don't. I never tinkered with electronics and soldering as a kid, or as a hobby in and of itself, or as a do-it-yourselfer in connection with my guitar hobby. Could I learn to do such work? Probably. Should I learn to do this kind of thing myself? Again, probably. But at this point in my life I'm not inclined to.

There are one or two possible sources to do this work here locally, but honestly the trust level is a factor. I'd have no worries having Bob do the work, but it seems like a complicated thing to ship guitars to Bob to be worked on and then sent back to me.

So has anyone done this? Shipped a guitar back to Bob to have him swap out pickups and/or re-wire it? I hope that clarifies what information I'm after. Maybe in the ensuing discussion or in a subsequent post I'll talk about the specific guitars I have in mind, as well as the specific changes being considered.

17. djh22

djh22 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

No Wisconsin trips planned for 2020, Larry?

LGOberean likes this.
  18. Dan German

Dan German Poster Extraordinaire

Well, the distance and the border kind of preclude me sending it back to Bob for work, but I did just make some changes. I changed the 3 way switch for a Strat 5 way, and wired it a la Bill Lawrence’s diagram. It had an .047 cap, but BL’s diagram called for a .022, so I swapped it. Didn’t sound quite right, so back went the .047. The only other things I’ve done since 2010 are to have the fret ends dressed after the first winter with it, and I tweaked the truss rod and lowered the action a bit while I was doing the switch. I suppose I should get a fret dress at some point, but it plays as well now as when I got it. I wish I did.

LGOberean likes this.
  19. LGOberean

Sadly, no. We don't have the whole year planned out yet, though. In the next few months, there will be visits with family, and a camping trip combined with a couple of gigs for me. One possibility for a longer trip would be a business trip combined with camping in September, up to Virginia. If that falls through, maybe Wisconsin again.

20. horax

horax Tele-Afflicted

Anybody have a Logan s style?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.