Logan Custom Guitars Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by LGOberean, Mar 3, 2009.

1. iggyrip

iggyrip TDPRI Member

New Logan owner here. Just got her on Friday and I am tweaking her out and putting her through the paces. Bob did nice work and made me a light guitar as requested. My back sure appreciates it. My guitar is made of swamp ash with Mary Kay finish, a C neck with 6150 frets, and Seymour Duncan pick ups.

Attached Files:

teletimetx and LGOberean like this.
  2. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Wow! Congrats on that looker.! It instantly reminded me of Scotty Anderson's go-to axe...
    [​IMG]

His has a mini-hum in the neck as well. But his has different pickups. Actually, I don't know exactly what pickups his has in it, but it's not the SD mini-hum in the neck. You can see the pole pieces on his. Here a pic that makes that more obvious (although I haven't a clue what kind of contraption he has taped to the upper bout of that Tele! :eek:o_O)...
    [​IMG]

As for the swamp ash, I think that species of wood generally makes for a lightweight guitar. Recent Logan Custom club member pagedr has one with a swamp ash body as well, and his is also light. My BSB is swamp ash, and weighs just under 7 lbs.
    05-29-2019 - Logan Custom BSB.jpg 07-21-2019 - Logan Custom BSB - 2.jpg

3. LGOberean

Gig tonight at a marina in the area. I play this venue on a regular basis (got another booking there next month, Friday the 13th! :eek::twisted:).

I'll be taking my Logan Custom acoustic/electric for the acoustic stuff/set, and I was going to take my newest Logan, my Firecaster II. However, I've got to work out a grounding issue with it, so I was thinking about taking my BSB (pictured above). But just this morning I was playing my first Firecaster. I was having such fun with it, I'm tempted to take that one instead. It has Bill Lawrence Keystone tele pickups, and while not my favorites (the DiMarzio Twang Kings hold that honor), they're good, especially the neck pickup. Decisions, decisions...

4. mister natural

mister natural TDPRI Member

pix of my "new" Logan

[​IMG]
    Fender staggered tuners w/ ebony buttons - Rutters bridge - SD 'lil 59 - Bill Lawrence HB neck PU - ebony knobs
    peace

5. LGOberean

Wow, Mr. N! Congratulations! Thanks for posting here. That guitar has a unique blend of classic beauty and distinctive features.

You've got me curious: why did you put "new" in quotation marks? Have you had it a while? Or was it a guitar that Bob had in stock? Or did you buy it second hand?

Is the body swamp ash? And is that Butterscotch Blonde or Honey Blonde? (I have a tele in each of those colors, but it's kinda hard to tell in pics.)

I wasn't aware that Lawrence/Wilde pickups made a "Noisefree T neck." Any videos or clips of this guitar you'd like to share?

6. mister natural

mister natural TDPRI Member

yep - used instrument

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.