Logan Custom Guitars Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by LGOberean, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Stephen

Stephen Tele-Meister

Cody, I too would be very unhappy with the workmanship shown. I have not seen a Logan with such poor fit and finish work. Send it back. You will never be happy with it and eventually you will off load it for a large loss. Peace...

2. Stephen

Stephen Tele-Meister

Fredjr. Klein Single Coil PUP's are simply the best on the market. I have the Epic '52's and love them.

3. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Cody-
    Sorry to hear about those issues. Now that you've had it for a couple of days, how's the playability? The issues you talked about seem to be cosmetic, how is the functionality of the guitar?

4. tino7770

tino7770 TDPRI Member

Whoops…sorry the others a Waters thin line set in neck….Not for sale though

5. tino7770

tino7770 TDPRI Member

Sorry forgot £600 GBP delivered

£600 GBP delivered within UK

6. cody420

cody420 Tele-Meister

The playability and functionality are great and the guitar just has a solid feel about it. The neck finish and feel is top notch. I used to own an American Deluxe tele and I'd say the feel and playability are on par, maybe even a step above. That said, I'm finding that the neck may be too slim for me. But this is my fault as I picked it out from Warmoth. I chose the 59 roundback with 6150 frets and a 10-16" compound radius. I expected the neck to have a fatter feel, similar to a chunky Les Paul neck, but it feels very close to the Modern C neck, just a touch bigger. And I think I would have rather had Warmoth's 6105 or 6230 frets. I'm considering ordering a replacement from Musikraft but I'd then be into this guitar quite a bit. I could've gotten a Danocaster or something similar for the amount of money I'll have spent at that point. But I know I'd take a good hit if I try to sell it. Not sure what I'm gonna do. It's definitely been a learning process, ordering a custom guitar. You really need to know what you want if you're gonna get your money's worth.

7. Guitar Johnny

Guitar Johnny TDPRI Member

Just received by Logan Tele & I am very pleased with it. Swamp ash body,rosewood fingerboard, & DiMarzio Twang Kings. This is my first Tele, & I can't believe I went 35 yrs without one. Bob did a fantastic job,absolutely love it!! I picked out a forest green finish, & couldn't be happier. Bob recommend the Twang Kings, & I have to agree with him,they sound amazing. I was thinking about buying a MIM Tele & fixing it up, but the Logan Tele was a much better purchase. I played a MIM Tele & thought it felt kinda cheap. The forest green is transparent & the grain looks killer. I highly recommend Bobs' Tele,excellent build & price point!

8. voodooblues

Pictures Man, pictures!!!!

9. voodooblues

That's great that it plays well. I know there are a few cosmetic issues but great playability can make up for those in most cases. That's tough about the neck. That is definitely a dealbreaker for most people when it comes to their guitars. Hope you're able to adapt or find a solution. I was lucky because when I ordered my first Logan it had the Medium C already on it. I felt fine playing this neck (I'm really not too picky about necks) so when I ordered my Custom Logan I knew that that neck worked for me and just got that same one again.

10. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Cody, I believe what you said about getting your money’s worth and ordering custom is right on. My experience is probably the exception that proves that rule, and I consider myself fortunate the way things turned out for me.

When I ordered from Bob, I had never owned my own electric guitar. I had played others occasionally (an old Harmony Silhouette, a Peavey T-60, etc.), but never owned one myself. So in 2008 I began in earnest to finally buy an electric. I tried a friend’s Strat, and found that Strats weren’t for me.

Then my son bought a Hwy 1 Tele [he sold it and now owns a Logan “Logo” thinline], and from the first time I played it, I knew a tele style was for me. I tried out others in my search, and the Medium C neck seemed to be the neck on all the models I tried out. So when I ordered my first Logan, that’s the neck profile I selected, and that’s what I have now on all my Logans.

Also, what Justin (voodooblues) said about not being too picky about necks could probably be said of me as well, although I haven’t really thought about myself in terms of whether or not I am picky about necks. I switch between my 4 acoustics and 4 Logans all the time, and though I notice slight differences between them, I just adapt and play the best I can on each one.

11. LGOberean

Congrats, Johnny, and welcome! I have a Logan with a swamp ash body and Twang King pups. Of my other Logans, two have Wilkinsons, and one has Keystones. I'm happy with all my Logans, but I have to admit that the Twang Kings are my favorite pickups.

Oh, yeah, and what Justin (voodooblues) said about pics...;)

12. LGOberean

Bob emailed me this morning about a new guitar he's made. It's been a busy day (including an afternoon gig using my Logan BSB), so I'm just now able to comment. TDPRI list owner Paul Green had asked Bob to contribute another guitar for the annual TDPRI fundraiser. Bob finished it and sent me some pics in an email to give me a sneak peek! :D

It's another T-style, a real beaut! The body is a chambered 1 piece of Indian mahogany with a quarter sawn Padauk top and cream top binding, with a vintage cream 3-ply guard. Schaller tuners, ashtray bridge w/ brass compensated saddles. The pickups are Lindy Fralin split blades. The neck is 9.5 radius Modern C shape, maple board. The guitar weighs 7.5 lbs.

I wanted to post pics here, but before I did, I decided to PM Paul and ask if I'd be stealing his thunder/jumping the gun to post pics here. The last I checked, the pics and specs for this year's giveaway guitars haven't been posted. So I'm holding off a bit and giving Paul a chance to tell me what he'd like me to do about the pics. So, more to come...

13. Noname

Noname Tele-Meister

Sounds Killer, cant wait to see this, will be buying raffle tickets for sure!

14. LGOberean

I have a public apology to make to our list owner, Paul Green. It seems I have jumped the gun a bit, at least partially.

Yesterday morning, after seeing Bob's email about the guitar he's donating for the TDPRI fundraiser, I PMed Paul to ask him privately about "what your preference is about my posting pics before you make an official announcement." Last night, when I had not yet heard back from him, I posted that there would be a Logan donation guitar, and spoke of the specs of this guitar.

Well, Paul returned my PM this morning, and graciously said it would be fine to post that there would be a Logan donation guitar, but also asked that I wait until next Friday to post details and pics. So, I did jump the gun, in part. :oops:

I'm sorry, Paul. I just wasn't thinking of a summary of the specs in the same category as pics. I will hold off on sharing the pics Bob sent me until after you make the official/formal announcement.

15. Guitar Johnny

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's the pics of my awesome Bob Logan Tele

16. voodooblues

Beauty!

17. Marshall_Stack

Marshall_Stack Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

The cut out for the P90 is pretty damned ragged.
    That is surprising. As is the bubble near the binding.
    I'd want both fixed.

18. LGOberean

I got the go ahead from TDPRI list owner Paul to post details and pics of the new Logan Custom guitar that Bob has donated for this year's TDPRI fundraiser. After 10 days, I need to find where I filed those pics and then upload them to my TDPRI telephoto account before I can post them here. So later today...

Oh, yeah, Guitar Johnny congrats again and thanks for posting the pics of your Logan Custom. Twang King pups and a swamp ash body is indeed a great combination.

19. Guitar Johnny

Thanks,Larry G. My poor other guitars are lonely & getting dusty. I'm amazed at the killer tones I get my Logan Tele. I have to admit, I usually use the bridge pickup the most,but the the neck & both together on my Logan are knockin me out!! Someday,when my two sons are out of college, I hope to have Bob build me a rosewood George Tele. That's what I really wanted,but,alas,we all have to face reality. Nonetheless, my swamp ash/twang king Logan Tele just rocks!!

20. LGOberean

Okay, as promised, here are the pics Bob sent me on the first of the month. Paul Green (TDPRI list owner) gave me the green light to post these, so I give you now the photographic evidence of the Logan Custom donation guitar for the 2015 TDPRI fundraiser.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.