Logan Custom Guitars Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by LGOberean, Mar 3, 2009.

1. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Thanks for the specs. "Inca silver." I was wondering what that color was. And I love the P90 neck idea. I've done that myself, with my first Logan. :D Looking forward to more pics and a follow up when you have had her in hand.

2. cody420

cody420 Tele-Meister

Here she is

Attached Files:

3. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Very nice, looks sharp. Are those Les Paul style knobs on there? I like the look, something a little different.

4. cody420

cody420 Tele-Meister

Yeah. I saw them on another tele somewhere and thought they looked really good

5. LGOberean

Nice! :D When is she due to arrive?

6. voodooblues

I wonder this too.

Cody-
    If you would be so kind, would you mind posting some reactions (or even a full review) when you get your Logan? And we won't say no to more pictures!

7. cody420

cody420 Tele-Meister

Should be here Wednesday and I'll post a review

8. LGOberean

We haven't heard from cody yet, but between the Labor Day weekend and probably playing the strings off of his new Logan ;), that's understandable. Looking forward to hearing from him soon.

9. cody420

cody420 Tele-Meister

Hey guys. The guitar arrived last week but it's in the shop right now getting a setup. The neck was a little bowed and the action was high for my liking. But coming from Wisconsin into the Atlanta heat and humidity by way of UPS I already figured it'd need a setup. I should have it back this weekend. I'll post pics and talk about it more.

10. FredJr

FredJr Tele-Meister

My new Logan

is coming this week. Can I get into the Logan club please? It is a Thinline in a see thru white finish. Some pix here - looking forward to playing this one - it's loaded with Klein Epic 52s which seem to have gotten some good reviews on here. I have no experience with Klein pickups so I get my first taste by the weekend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Whoa Tele

Whoa Tele Friend of Leo's

That's pretty man. Please let me know how you like the Kleins. I've been talking to Bob about a possible build and would like to know you think.

12. voodooblues

Agreed, that's a beautiful guitar. I'd be interested in knowing what you think about the pickups also. I'm happy with the pickups in all of my guitars so I don't feel the need to go and search for another sound. There's so many pickups out there though that I wouldn't know where to start if I were to ever want to switch pickups so hearing someone's testimonial is always welcome.

13. tino7770

tino7770 TDPRI Member

Looking to move on Logan Pinecaster

Anyone in the UK looking for a Logan…I have a superb playing pine caster up for sale £600 with case…Pine body Im informed is over 100 years old???The wood that is.!!!!
    Maple neck,frets 100% plays like Butter
    SD antiquities fitted & cased

Cheers

Attached Files:

14. LGOberean

FredJr, sounds like you've already pulled the trigger, so you are a member of the Logan club! ;) I agree with the others, pretty finish on that guitar. And I too have no experience with Klein pickups, but I've read about them here. I look forward to your review.

I'm curious. You say it's coming this week, so as of yesterday when you posted, it wasn't in your possession. But the pics of it make me curious. Are you buying this second hand? I ask this because when Bob Logan sends pics of a build, they don't typically show amps in the background.

Then again, you couldn't prove by me that those aren't Bob's amps behind that guitar. In the 7 + years that I've known Bob, I've never had the pleasure of meeting him face to face. I've never been to his home (which is something like 1,400 miles north of here). I freely admit that I am jealous of those of you who live near enough to Bob to be able to meet him, pick up your guitars and tour his shop. One day, hopefully...

15. LGOberean

Best of luck to you, tino. BTW, it appears that you have 4 pics of 2 different guitars. The first two match the description you give, and clearly the guitar in that one is a Logan. What about the other two pics of that second tele?

16. cody420

cody420 Tele-Meister

Here is my recently received Logan thinline.

Specs - Double-bound mahogany body with Lollar 50's wind p-90 and J-street tele bridge. The bridge plate is stainless steel and thicker than normal per my request, similar to a Callaham. I'm not sure of the actual maker. It has toploader holes as well, which was a pleasant surprise. The Warmoth neck has a 10-16 compound radius, 59 roundback profile and 6150 frets. I expected the 59 roundback to be a chunky C but it feels closer to the modern C, to me.

First of all, this thing looks amazing. I can just sit at look at it and the next thing I know 20 minutes have gone by. I love Inca silver and Bob had to track down some for me because he had stopped stocking it due to the lack of interest. Not sure why, it and shoreline gold are probably my two favorite guitar colors. Overall, I'm happy with the guitar and would order from Bob again. I do have a few minor gripes, though. The high e and b string had some weird overtones/ghost notes or something. I waited a few days for the guitar to settle to make sure it just didn't need to acclimate to the Atlanta humidity and when they were still there I took it to a trusted luthier in the Atlanta area. He said it needed a string tree and installed one and sure enough they ring clear now. Also, the p-90 at the neck isn't perfectly straight and centered under the strings and the cutout around it is a little sloppy. But the pickguard came from WD music so that may be on them unless Bob had to modify it. There's a couple of small holes in the guitar, one pictured near the binding and one near the knobs. Not sure what happened there. Like I said these are minor things and not dealbreakers, and I know that Bob's niche is player guitars and not museum pieces, but this one ran me $1350, and spending that much I'd expect just a bit more out of the minor details. On the whole though, I'm happy and I love this guitar. It sounds amazing, still like a tele but with more balls, looks amazing, and plays amazing. I'd recommend Bob to anyone looking to order a custom guitar.

Attached Files:

17. cody420

cody420 Tele-Meister

More pics

Attached Files:

18. cody420

cody420 Tele-Meister

More

Attached Files:

19. cody420

cody420 Tele-Meister

Moar

Attached Files:

20. cody420

cody420 Tele-Meister

Maor

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.