1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Logan Custom Guitars Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by LGOberean, Mar 3, 2009.

1. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Happy Father's Day, all you Logan-owning dads out there! :D

To today is special to me, not just because I'm also a father, but because my own guitar playing Dad was born on this day 83 years ago. And 13 years ago today one of my granddaughters was born. :cool:

2. johnnybel

johnnybel TDPRI Member

Logan Custom Purple T

I received this and it is first rate front to back. I have had everything under the sun, It fits like a glove body contours Tone is very nice. Really nice workmanship.

Thanks Bob
    P.S talking to Bob Logan about another.
    Oh Oh

Attached Files:

3. LGOberean

Very nice. :D Although after your “Oh Oh” comment, I’m not sure if I should congratulate you or extend condolences. :p ;)

Seriously, I relate. When I ordered my first Logan, I naively thought I was only going to own one! :oops: ;)

Your Purple T makes me think of another purple Logan T-style, the first one I was aware of. Fellow Logan guy Sanford (a.k.a. telecaster man) had one made, and then gave it to his daughter (Regena). Here it is in a group shot with his other Logans.

[​IMG]

4. Tim Markel

Tim Markel TDPRI Member

New to the forum

I've been lurking the forum the past few weeks, specifically the Logan thread. I started searching for a new guitar because my Strat has horrible tuning issues on stage. I do throw my guitars around quite a bit though :rolleyes: My band recently recorded with a producer who introduced us to the Evertune bridge. My mind was blown, and it's exactly what I need to prevent me from slipping out of tune during high energy parts of our set.

My search brought me to a company that Evertune has listed on their site: VGS Skycruiser (with Evertune bridge already installed). The guitar was roughly $600 with shipping but after a friend of mine (who has built guitars for a reputable company) a video of the VGS Skycruiser, he talked me out of it. His opinion is/was its a crappy guitar and I shouldn't get it. By this point I had already stumbled across this forum and everyone praising Bobs guitars. I looked on his site, and everything was priced really great, but still a little out of my price range, especially since I wanted to get a guitar with Evertune.

After sleeping on it for a week, I finally decided to get a Logan that Bob had listed on his website- a see through green Tele with gold appointments.

It should be arriving by this week end, and I will have to post photos once it's in.

Eventually I plan on getting an Evertune bridge installed regardless of how well it stays in tune, which Bob has told me, Evertune shouldn't have any problems being installed on his Teles.

Anyways, photos coming soon, and thank you all for giving me something to read and help solidify my decision with a Logan. I've read a lot going all the way back to 2009

Thanks
    Tim

5. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Hey Tim-
    Welcome to the forum. I'm glad we were able to help in your decision to buy a Logan. Looking forward to seeing some pictures and hearing your reactions upon receiving your guitar.

6. LGOberean

^^^ What Justin (voodooblues) said. :D Welcome, Tim!

I'm not familiar with the Evertune bridge. For me, "ever-in-tune" is pretty much synonymous with "Tele" anyway. I've never owned a Strat, but I've played 'em, even borrowed one for a couple of weeks before I bought my first Logan. Constant tuning issues.

[I've told that story here before. Since you've read through this thread (no mean feat, BTW :eek:) you've probably read that.]

With my Logans, they're all 3 saddle bridges, two are ashtray and two are Logan stainless steel. And the most I ever have to do to be in tune is minor tweaks.

7. Tim Markel

Tim Markel TDPRI Member

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

8. Tim Markel

Tim Markel TDPRI Member

Thanks for the welcome. I'm hoping it's just a Strat tuning issue, and maybe I won't even need Evertune :)

Either way, the guitar should be arriving tomorrow. You guys will be the first to know haha

9. Tim Markel

Tim Markel TDPRI Member

Also if you're interested, check out this video. It shows what the Evertune does

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uttbIIhrL0o

10. Stephen

Stephen Tele-Meister

Tim, welcome and congratulations. My Logan Tele is far and away my must have go to guitar. I am always reassured of its playability every time I pick her up. I did however have my guitar professional set up. Not that Bob doesn't do fine job with set up, I just like all my guitars to be as close to the same in set up as possible. String Height and spacing, fret height, neck curve. etc. Like the others have said, my Logan stays pretty much in tune. Please share with us the specs on your guitar? Again welcome and enjoy! Stephen

11. Tim Markel

Tim Markel TDPRI Member

So it (or she) finally came in. To justify getting a green guitar, I've named "her" Stella, after the best beer in the world haha

First off, here are all the specs

-22 medium jumbo Frets
    -9.5 radius- Tusq nut
    -Nitro Satin finished maple neck
    -Ribbon Mahogany with body contours
    -100% Nitrocellulose lacquer finish
    -Vintage ashtray bridge with brass compensated saddles
    -Wilkensen (Alnico 5) pickups
    -Gold appointments

And it weighs 8.7 pounds. It came in a Fender cardboard box and inside a gigbag (inside that cardboard box).

It plays great, and Bob let me have it at a great price.

I haven't had a chance to plug it in yet, but so far it's super smooth (though I feel like I'm hearing a slight buzz on the low (top) string. I play Pop-punk so it will be interesting to hear what it sounds like once I connect it to an amp. I will be running it into a Revolt head, through a Mesa Boogie 4x12 cab. Can't wait.

Note to self- Get strap locks before taking it out on stage.

So far, I don't foresee problems with the tuning, like I was experiencing with my Fender American Delux Strat Hss... But I am still highly considering Evertune. Hey, maybe I'll be the first person to ever put Evertune in a Logan :)

Attached Files:

12. Tim Markel

Tim Markel TDPRI Member

Couldn't figure out how to get more than one photo to upload at a time (using an IPhone)

Another one of my new Logan

Attached Files:

13. Tim Markel

Tim Markel TDPRI Member

Another

Attached Files:

14. Tim Markel

Tim Markel TDPRI Member

Outside in the sun

Attached Files:

15. LGOberean

I LIKE it, Tim! :D

Of course, a lot of those specs are pretty familiar. Stella reminds me of my mahogany. Also that ribbon mahogany (mine's in Bob's "Darkened Mahogany" color, which I don't see listed on his site anymore). Because the body's solid, she weighs 9.2 lbs. My mahogany also has the ashtray bridge with 3 brass saddles, and gold appointments. Also, maple neck/board, same radius, satin finish nitro, mine's Birdseye with an amber tint.

Sorry, I'm talking more about mine now than yours. :oops: It's just that your Stella does make me think of mine, so much so that I had to take her down last night and play her for a while. ;)

16. Jimi2Uli

Jimi2Uli NEW MEMBER!

Hello all and Happy 4th of July!
    I am a brand new owner of a Logan T-style (picked it up from Bob yesterday!). I came across a '52 Logan a couple of years ago at an area music shop. A salesman give me a quick background on Logan Customs, played the guitar, and have wanted to order one ever since.
    Bob was a pleasure to work with during the ordering and build process, and was kind enough to send pics while he was building it. After meeting Bob at his home, we went to his shop, which had beautiful guitars everywhere! It was cool to see all of the guitars he has for sale on the Logan site in person. I had considered purchasing a guitar from the site, especially the one Tim just got! Nice score, Tim! In the end I decided to have Bob build me one exactly as I wanted.
    Here are the specs...
    Swamp ash body with forearm bevel and belly cut
    22 fret 9.5 radius Rosewood neck
    Sperzel tuners
    4-way switch
    TWANG KINGS
    Parchment pickgaurd
    Color? SHELL PINK

The guitar is beautiful, it plays like no other, and it resonates more than I even expected. It may just be the honeymoon stage, but I couldn't be happier thus far. Bob is a cool guy, and I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of enthusiasm he has. I think it's great that Bob offers such a quality Made in the U.S.A. Guitar, and it was quickly evident he takes great pride and joy in what he does. A+++ all the way....
    I will attempt to post pics soon, however, I am terrible at that type of thing. Happy to be a Logan owner.
    Peace!

17. LGOberean

Congrats & welcome, Jimi2Uli! I'll reply more about your guitar later. Right now I want to join you in wishing all American Logan owners a happy 4th of July.

[​IMG]

(My Logan Custom BSB blackguard is in the case behind me in this pic! :D)

18. Jimi2Uli

Jimi2Uli NEW MEMBER!

Thank you, Larry. Looking sharp!

19. LGOberean

So if I dress up as Uncle Sam today, do I get presents? ;) :rolleyes:

20. djh22

djh22 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Larry, you would have received all sorts of presents in Chicago from the Deadheads!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.