1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Logan Custom Guitars Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by LGOberean, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Bob Logan

Bob Logan Tele-Meister

Another anniversary

Happy anniversary Larry. Hope you and Beth have a wonderful day, and congratulations ::::)

2. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Thanks, Bob! :D

3. AndreDanican

AndreDanican Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

awesome photo!

4. LGOberean

[​IMG]

Thanks, yeah she's a talented photographer. Here's one from the same series of pics, only in living color. Shows off my Logan BSB and the tie-dyed T-shirt I'm wearing (which one of my granddaughters made for me as a birthday gift a few years back)...

[​IMG]

5. JayLukas

JayLukas TDPRI Member

I just came home from a 2.5 hour drive. Just picked up a sweeeet guitar from a guitarstore in the NETHERLANDS. And.. well.
    It's this one! How cool is that. I googled "Snake Skin Logan", because Bob Logan e-mailed me with all the specs, and came across this TDPRI link. How crazy is that? Such a small world.... (online at least).
    I've been looking for a Tele for a while but frankly never really had the money to spend. Now I did, and I stumbled upon this absolutely gorgeous guitar online. Found out it was at a store in the Netherlands with two locations. As faith would have it, I had to be in one of those location's city's today anyway so I mailed the store to check in which town they had the guitar. And they had it in the town I was visiting! So I checked it out through a Bassman, dug it - bought it! So now I own a sweet Logan T-Style! I had already mailed Bob for some hardware specs beforehand and he replied within the hour. So... now I own a gorgeous telecaster to join my family of guitars. I'll get a picture up sometime later if my phone manages to connect to the internet long enough. You can already get a sense of it's obvious beauty from the pictures already posted but man! Seeing it in front of you is just amazing.

I must say, the thing plays GREAT! From the specs I knew that the neck wouldn't be too 'new' for me since some specs like the radius are exactly the same as my Fender Strat. The neck is the same shape (I assume, looks/feels like it) but a little fatter, which is just great. Not too chunky, but it does feel a bit more sturdy. Tonewise, so far - I'm getting some gnarly Robben Ford-esque tones. Robben is one of my favorite players and he's played a telecaster a bunch and it sounds so clear and boomy/snappy. Instantly recognizable and I got that from this T-Style. It probably sounds cliche but the Logan guitar sounds a bit more 'true' than my USA Strat. A little less sweet and sugarcoated which is exactly what I was looking for.

I could go on for a page or two more but I'll leave it at that for now! Thank you Bob for the great build!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  6. Jayal

Jayal TDPRI Member

Final pictures from Bob

Hi Everyone
    My guitar is ready and Bob just sent me a few pics.
    Here is the first one

Attached Files:

7. Jayal

Jayal TDPRI Member

Second Picture from Bob

Here she is

Attached Files:

8. Jayal

Jayal TDPRI Member

Third Picture

I just cannot wait !

Attached Files:

9. Magnum Z.I.

Magnum Z.I. TDPRI Member

OUTSTANDING!!! It turned out perfect. Congratulations and may you have many happy days of playing.

10. Tonemonkey

Tonemonkey Poster Extraordinaire

That really is a very good looking guitar, Jayal!

Versatile I'm sure, too ..... and it's Knobtastic! ;)

11. Jayal

Jayal TDPRI Member

Thanks !
    Just can't wait to get my hands on it...
    Jayal

12. Jayal

Jayal TDPRI Member

Knobtastic :)

I have to admit that the 3rd knob is not my idea... My original request was for a push / pull tone knob that would connect the neck with the bridge on position 1 and 5 and allow the 3 pickups to be active on position 2 and 4.
    Finally a few days before the guitar was finished Bob Logan suggested a third knob that would act as a blend pot and give the ability to dial in the exact amount of the neck or bridge.
    So yes ! Knobtastic in deed !

Jayal !

13. Stephen

Stephen Tele-Meister

Jayal, like that set up. What are you using for PUP's? Stephen

14. Jayal

Jayal TDPRI Member

PUP's in my Logan?

Hi Stephen
    All 3 are DiMarzio:
    Bridge and Neck are Twang Kings
    Middle is a Strat Reverse Polarity True Velvet
    Have no previous experience with them but I thought they would be a good place to start.
    +
    Bob Logan, said the TKs were some of his favorites and when I asked him for a middle pickup recommendation he suggested the True Velvet.
    What do you think?
    Jayal

15. Stephen

Stephen Tele-Meister

Jayal, what I think is Right On Brother! I would like to add a Strat to my collection, but I just love the feel of the Tele better. That is why I'm interested in your set up. This is right up my alley and I will keep it in mind for a future build. Thanks for sharing. Let me ask you, how do you like it? Peace, Stephen

16. Jayal

Jayal TDPRI Member

Still waiting!

Hi Stephen
    It is shipping from Bob's tomorrow, as soon as I have played it for a couple of days, I will get back to you.
    What I really wanted was a classic Tele sound and feel, the idea of a third pickup came from trying a friend's G&L ASAT Classic S Alnico. It basically did Classic Tele real good and that middle pickup brought enough quack for me.
    I am sure if you used 100% strat pickups on a custom Tele you could get really close to the real thing.
    Jayal

17. LGOberean

Happy anniversary, Sanford! :D

18. telecaster man

telecaster man Tele-Holic

Thank You Larry

19. LGOberean

Sanford, after I posted that, I started to doubt my memory. I had May 1st associated with you, and I obviously was thinking of it being your anniversary. But is May 1st your anniversary or your birthday? :confused:

20. telecaster man

telecaster man Tele-Holic

you got it right Larry....anniversary is May 1 and Birthday is May2

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.