1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Logan Custom Guitars Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by LGOberean, Mar 3, 2009.

1. djh22

djh22 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Thanks jwp333! Based on my experience, I would recommend that anyone who is interested in a quality instrument call Bob Logan. He was very accommodating when it came to the personalization that I wanted.

I received the guitar yesterday and it has quickly become a part of me. I love the personality of the grain pattern. The weight is perfect. The neck is terrific. The nitro finish just "breathes better." And to quote Bob, "Hey, The Fralins rock."

In short, this guitar plays, sounds and feels perfect for me. Plus, I have the extra satisfaction of knowing that it was hand-crafted by a talented gentleman in the good ol' U.S. of A.

Who could ask for anything more?

2. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

out of all the custom tele iv seen on line. he sure has the best prices. granted some would not like the none polish finish. i prefer his style of finish my self tho. maybe one day ill get a custom guitar. laughs. id get one in his trans red ( ok, ok.. the class of 2014 would rock too. laughs ) color. nice fat neck, and dunno about pickups. shrugs
    probably not but logans prices are affordable tho.
    rock on.
    chris.

3. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

hi, dunno how i missed this. thank you for the birthday wishs.
    im 40. sigh.. hides under a rock now.

you rock
    chris.

4. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Sure, no problem.

Okay, so closer to the whippersnapper territory :p ... to me, anyway :oops:. Not sure why you'd hide from it. Then, again, I have a daughter that turned 40 earlier this year, and it hit her kinda hard at first.

5. LGOberean

About the middle of last month list owner Paul posted in this very Logan Custom Guitars Club thread a YouTube video of Redd Volkaert demoing Bob's giveaway BSB. Just so you don't have to go back looking for the video, here it is again...

Starting at 0:58 seconds in, Redd talks about the 5-way switch. His description of it is great, and combined with his demonstration of it, this is very helpful info on the 5-way switch and how to use it.

FWIW, that's what I have in my Firecaster (with Keystone pickups). I really like the versatility. The half out of phase position I use for Strat "quack" sounds, such as on The Beatles' "Nowhere Man" and Buddy Holly songs).

6. Bob Logan

Bob Logan Tele-Meister

Larry Gean Overton's birthday

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday Dear Larry, Happy Birthday to you. :)
    I hope your birthday is great, and you are feeling better. All the best to you my friend, Bob

7. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

Happy birthday Larry. yeah im over the 40 thing now.. ready for 50.. if im lucky. heh.
    i was joking it did not bug me to much.. i can see it bugging a women a little more than I.. but then im broken.. and was road hard and put away wet.. so, i look 80 anyhow.. so whats another birthday. LOL
    rock on.
    chris.

8. Tonemonkey

Tonemonkey Poster Extraordinaire

Happy B'day, Larry.

9. RonS

RonS Tele-Meister

Have a Happy Happy Birthday Larry!!!!!!

RonS

10. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Happy Birthday, keeper of this forum!

11. Stephen

Stephen Tele-Meister

Happy Birthday, Larry!

12. LGOberean

Thanks, Bob and everyone. :D And a happy Veteran's Day to all, and to those who are vets, thank you for your service.

I'm grateful to have made it to this birthday. I thank God I'm alive...and in Texas! ;) I've been out of town, just got back late last night (or rather, in the wee hours of this morning). I had planned to visit my family on the farm on the 28th of August, but had the heart attack the night before, so obviously that didn't happen. Beth and I just went up for the weekend, and came back by way of Austin on Monday because she had some midwifery business there.

And I am feeling better, as in more energy. Also better blood circulation and less weight to carry around.

Funny story about the latter. A couple of weeks ago I started back to weekly gigging. One old fella at one of the retirement centers noticed immediately and couldn't stop talking about how much he liked my beard cut short. (I guess I'm not surprised that he didn't care for the "Reverend Willy G" look...not that he would have known that reference).

To try to get him off the topic, I said, "Well, that's not the only difference. I did lose 30 pounds." Without missing a beat, he snapped back, "I had no idea your beard was that heavy!" :lol:

I threw my head back and laughed, then said, "I'm stealing that line, I hope you know that."

It's good to be here, life is good. Thanks again for the birthday wishes, everyone.

13. roosme

roosme TDPRI Member

Happy birthday, Larry! You (and your BSB Logan) are the prime reason I purchased my BSB Logan, the sweetest electric guitar I've ever owned. I thank you for that and for being the rock upon which this forum is founded. May you always be well and happy!
    Mike Roos

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  14. djh22

djh22 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Happy Birthday, Larry! Much like Mike noted, you and your BSB Logan were strong persuaders for me as well.

May you live a long life
    Full of gladness and health
    With a pocket full of gold
    As the least of your wealth
    May the dreams you hold dearest
    Be those which come true
    May the kindness you spread,
    Keep returning to you.

15. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

+1 +1000

thanks for all you do Larry and for the wealth of information and good cheer you offer to all on this forum.

16. Buffalo0993

Buffalo0993 Tele-Holic

Wow!

Just wanted to update you guys and say hi. I used to post here awhile back.

This past year I've been mainly focusing on acoustic stuff. Been playing mandolin fiddle and guitar at various bluegrass get togethers and really enjoying it. So much so that I actually sold my amp to find a nice mandolin for myself (those things are expensive). I really sold all of my electric stuff, but I just couldn't bring myself to sell the logan.

I saw it sitting alone on the guitar rack in my closet. And even though I didn't have an amp I had to pick it up. It still plays so easily and perfectly for my bluesy style. I really need to get an amp!

Anyway, after I got done playing it i thought of the logan club and was amazed that it's still going strong over here. And I've actually talked to someone who bought a logan for himself, so I think he's getting more popular. I hope more and more get to enjoy his guitars thanks to this little forum

17. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

A couple of years ago, when I was looking to upgrade my strat, I had already heard about Logan Customs. I read through a lot of this thread and that went a long way in making up my mind to go with a Logan. I ended up with a Tele instead of a Strat (that's a whole nother story) and I couldn't be happier. I think the fact that this thread is still going strong with mostly the same people is a testament to Bob's work and the loyalty we all have because of it. I know there's a faction of people out there who feel that if it isn't a Fender or Gibson, it ain't a real guitar. I hope some of those people get over that, because Logan guitars are a great example of some of the great guitars that are being made by individuals and smaller companies.

18. LGOberean

Thanks for checking back in. Doing the acoustic thing/bluegrass sounds like fun. I play a few bluegrass standards on my acoustics. My guitar playing goes in cycles. I'll get a notion to play acoustic, and play several that I have, but then come back around to my electrics, which are all Logan teles. For years now, my Logans have been getting the most play.

And yeah, you need to get another amp. What was it that you sold?

And I must confess to being a little bit jealous...I wish I could play mandolin and fiddle.

BTW, y'all know the difference between a violin and a fiddle? Well, I violin has strings...and a fiddle has strangs! :lol: :rolleyes:

19. jld4133

jld4133 TDPRI Member

NGD Logan Cabronita spalt maple top with TV JOnes Classics

I recently got this beauty from Bob Logan: beautiful guitar at a great price. It is shown here with my circa 1960 "Lectrolab" amp.

Attached Files:

20. LGOberean

Wow! Great looking cabronita, jld! :D Congrats!

A natural finish on a spalted maple top is the way to go, IMHO. And I'm sure fellow Logan owner Sanford (telecaster man) would go the same way. ;)

I read your post about this in the the thread you started over in the other T-styles section, and commented there. Since you offered more info there, I'd like to bring that into this thread as well.

You said it has a cedar body with the spalted maple top, and that it weighs under 7 lbs. That makes me wonder if the cedar body is chambered. The concentric Volume/Tone control is a cool touch. As you said, it maintains that single pot cabronita look.

I noticed you're in Wisconsin, too. Do you live close to Delafield? Did you pick this one up from Bob personally? I'm a little jealous in this regard. "Close to Delafield" is relative, I suppose. You may live as much as a couple of hundred miles from him, but you're still probably ten times closer to him than I am. :D

Okay, I'll put the green eyed monster back in check and congratulate you once again on a fine looking (and I'm sure great playing/sounding) guitar from Bob Logan.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.