Logan Custom Guitars Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by LGOberean, Mar 3, 2009.

1. xMercury69x

xMercury69x Friend of Leo's

Yeah, Daryl Stuermer mention! Always thought he did an excellent job replacing Steve Hackett on Genesis tours back in the 80's.

2. Magnum Z.I.

Magnum Z.I. TDPRI Member

I know, I know...I need to get some better shots and will soon. The camera just can't seem to capture the beauty of the finish. Stay tuned!

3. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

So the last pic in your post is what it looked like initially, and the first pic is how it looks today?

I like that charcoal burst, and the matching headstock reminds me of my own "Firecaster." :D

I have DiMarzio Twang Kings in my BSB Logan, and I love 'em. Are the Area T's supposed to be noiseless? I wonder how they compare to the Twang Kings?

4. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

My apologies to you. When I jump on TDPRI at work a lot of the pictures people post won't show up, so I wasn't able to even see your original pictures.

5. Magnum Z.I.

Magnum Z.I. TDPRI Member

Larry, yes, you are correct; the shot on stage is how it looks today and the bottom shot was the initial. Sorry for any confusion. I wanted to show a before and after. I still plan to have some better shots taken in an attempt to capture the beauty of the finish.

The Area T's are noiseless and do a great job. I've always wanted to hear what the Twang Kings are like, but need to keep it "safe" with noiseless pups since I use overdrive.

I can't even express enough how in love with this guitar I am! :)

6. eki77

eki77 TDPRI Member

7. voodooblues

8. tino7770

tino7770 TDPRI Member

Logan Pinecaster

Gents
    Im in the UK and have my Logan Pinecaster for sale ,if in the UK and interested get in touch…she's a beauty.
    Originally bought for our son but following his now using the lapsteel almost 100% of the time is now excess to requirements,this tele is superb and was wanted by a certain band here in the UK some time back,at that time it was not for sale so they took another Logan from us,this was by far the superior of the 2 yet we see great comments from said player on the other…its like I say a Beauty! and some lucky fella here could own it….Come on down..The price is right???
    Cheers
    T

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  9. LGOberean

That is a beauty, classic looks.

I'd like to have an all pinecaster Logan tele. My "Logo" thinline has a pine body core with alder veneers top & back. My "Firecaster" has a chambered Douglas Fir body with old growth Long Leaf Pine for the top. Maybe another "Firecaster" with a pine core and the salvaged/repurposed LLP planks for the top and back. Hmmm... :D

10. RonS

RonS Tele-Meister

Hey Larry, It's good to see a post on here from you! I was starting to worry about you.

RonS

11. LGOberean

Hi, Ron. I'm feeling pretty good, and making progress. They're letting me drive now (Yay! :D), and I started rehab at the hospital (outpatient) yesterday. According to my recuperation timetable, my restrictions will be lifted (on how much I can lift, etc.) on Friday the 17th, barring any unforeseen circumstances, which will be 7 weeks after my surgery.

I hope to go back to gigging the week after that, but, as my luck would have it, there's a potential catch. I got a jury summons for Monday the 20th! :mad: So I guess I won't know for certain that I can start back gigging that week until at least Monday afternoon or later.

Okay, enough about me, there's news on the Logan Custom Guitars front.

On the upper right portion of the TDPRI Forum Index page, have you noticed the clock counting down to the TDPRI Fundraiser/Giveaway? Have you clicked on it? If you have, then you already know that one of the guitars donated for the fundraiser this year is a Logan Custom! :D

I'd seen the promotional countdown clock on the Forum Index page, but hadn't clicked on it. Then I checked my email, and Bob wrote me to tell me about it, so I checked it out. The announcement doesn't give the specs on the various guitars donated yet, but Bob told me his contribution is a BSB T-style valued at $959 before shipping and case.

Of course, we Logan owners know the quality of Bob's work. And at $959 before shipping, that guitar must have some special features. My own Logan BSB...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

...has extras like a Birdseye maple neck & board, split shaft tuners, DiMarzio Twang King pickups, Bob's own Stainless Steel bridge plate with a straight alignment bridge pup, and 4-way switching. And if Bob were to make that guitar today, it would cost $899 shipped. Bob's donation guitar is valued at nearly a $100 more. I can't wait to learn more about the specs!

The Fundraiser begins on the 17th. Again, you can read the notice/announcement by going to Forum Index page and clicking on the countdown clock. And I just noticed that at the top section of this owners page, there is an announcement as well. Or shoot, here's the link:

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/announcement.php?f=16&a=346

12. djh22

djh22 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Question to Logan owners -

Bob has a couple of guitars on his site that catch my eye. Would you recommend buying one of his "off the rack" or going the custom route (including DIY)?

I am a little leery about buying something that I've not held/played, but with Bob's reputation, and all of these postings ... let's just say that even though I'm a passive participant on this board, I trust that there are only a few of you that would steer me wrong :lol:

Thanks for your help!

13. lskit

lskit TDPRI Member

I was a little scared to pull the trigger on ordering my Logan also. But after the reviews from people like Larry, I called up Bob and told him I wanted an Esquire type guitar just like one of the Teles on his sight but different. He knew exactly what questions to ask to determine what I meant! I was very happy with the finished product.

14. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Hey Larry,
    That is most deffinately correct. One of this year's giveaway guitars is in fact a beautiful Logan BSB. It's a beauty.

I told Bob that it should be a MSRP of $2,500 if you were to compare it to the other guitars we're giving away.

Full details as we countdown to the start of the Fundraiser on Oct 17th.

Oh, and stay tuned for the Redd Volkaert demo of the guitar a few days after the start of the Fundraiser.

15. LGOberean

AWESOME!!! Thanks, Paul. I will definitely look forward to the details on that BSB. And I had forgotten about seeing Redd Volkaert demo the giveaway guitars in times past. I will definitely look forward to that as well.

16. LGOberean

Apologies in advance for a totally self-serving post. :oops:

This is my 6,100th post to TDPRI. Yeah, I know, big whoop, right? Well, it's kind of a big deal to me personally. I like keeping track of such things. So every now and again, I post in a way that at least I'll know which post was my thousandth, or 6,100th, or whatever. And when I do, I like to post them in this thread.

I guess you can just consider this my literary/message post equivalent of a "selfie." ;) :oops:

17. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

his prices are good. i like the red finish he does.
    my birthday is on the 17th. so it will be easy to remember to donate the 25.00

chris.

18. voodooblues

If you like one of the "off the rack" guitars, definitely pull the trigger. When I bought my first (and so far only) Logan I was going to go the custom route, but then I saw one on his website that caught my eye and I went with that. It's my #1 gigging guitar to this day.

19. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

My experience is the same as voodooblues; I bought one "off the rack" and it's my #1 gigging guitar. I don't think you will be disappointed either way. If you're not in a hurry, just order what you want; if there's something on the website you really like, call him up. Very easy to work with & he knows what he's doing.

20. telecaster man

telecaster man Tele-Holic

Larry...sometimes i wonder about you....then i realize you are just as crazy as i am....congratulations my friend

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.