1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Logan Custom Guitars Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by LGOberean, Mar 3, 2009.

1. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

I'm about to do something a bit presumptuous. I'm going to borrow some YouTube video demos of Logan Customs.

I'm doing this because of a thread over in the main forum. A new member posted about a search for a tele, and with all of the things he was considering, it just sounded to me like one of Bob's basic models would fit the bill for him. Of course I gave him a link to Bob's website and to this thread, but he'd have to do a lot of searching here to find demo vids. So, I thought I post a few.

And never having made one of my own :oops:, I have to borrow others. And presumably, many of them will be of members/Logan owners here. So I apologize now for my presumptuousness. I will borrow some more vids as I have time, and I encourage others of you to beat me to the punch; repost your videos to help others see and hear what can be done with a Logan Custom guitar.

These three I found at the top of the list that came up searching YT for "Logan Custom Guitars."

2. jwp333

jwp333 Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Long overdue sale on the Logan site of the Gretschocaster. Interested in a review if the buyer is out there. That one caught my eye, always wondered what it played like and how it sounded.

3. Jonatas Aguiar

Jonatas Aguiar TDPRI Member

Teste

4. Jonatas Aguiar

Hello, Guys. I'm new here. I live in Brazil and there is no much Logan guitars here. Larry, I'd like to thank you for all your help you have given me. Your advices and experience related made me confident to order a guitar from Bob. Actually, everything I've ready here in TDPRI Logan owners Club help me as well. Bob is a fantastic professional and I'm very happy with his work and it is much more than I expected. So, here go some pictures of my new baby. Specs: swamp ash body; quilted maple top; tobacco burst and nitrocelulose finish; gold hardware; gotoh locking Turners; maple neck; 22 frets; modern C shape: 9.5' radius; rosewood fretboard; little 59'(bridge) and alnico 2 pro(neck) pickups; 4-Way switch; the little 59' can be split from single to hambucker mode, by this Way I can have 7 possibilities of sound (in theory because the body has already arrived and I'm still waiting for the neck that is at alfandega). That is all. Thanks guys.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  5. Jonatas Aguiar

Those videos helped me a lot when I wanted to know how was Bob's guitar sound.
    Here is another good video.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  6. telecaster man

telecaster man Tele-Holic

has anyone heard anything about Larry....i heard he had a heart attack and wondered if anyone has heard any news

7. Tonemonkey

Tonemonkey Poster Extraordinaire

Good grief, I hope not!

How did you hear, that might be the best source to explore?

8. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

I hope that's not the case. Have you talked to Bob Logan? From what I gather they seem to be pretty good friends and stay in relatively frequent contact. If it's true I hope he's ok and I wish him a speedy recovery.

9. Jonatas Aguiar

Hi, friends. I asked Bob about Larry and he confirmed the heart attack. See his message bellow:

"Hi, he did have a mild heart attack. He is recovering in the hospital and is expecting a full recovery. Please pray that he has a speedy recovery with no I'll affects"

Let's pray for Larry...He's an amazing guy.

Jonatas

10. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

Jonatas: Bem-vindo ao TDPRI e graças a informações sobre Larry. Ele é, sem dúvida, um dos motivos que acabei por comprar um Logan tele e eu diria que muitos outros também. Parabéns pela sua nova guitarra.

Vamos todas as esperanças de uma rápida recuperação para Larry.

11. Jonatas Aguiar

Obrigado, teletimetx. Vamos orar e aguardar.

12. Tonemonkey

Tonemonkey Poster Extraordinaire

Transatlantic prayers and mojo sent for our beloved friend. Get well soon, Larry.

13. Bob Logan

Bob Logan Tele-Meister

Larry's wife Beth mentioned that Larry is getting a haircut, and a shaved face which has not seen the light of day for over 20 years
    My beloved friend will have a brand new look... :)

14. telecaster man

pi saw the post Beth put on facebook and also the one for today and she said Larry had been in surgery....i no nothing more than that...

15. telecaster man

i saw his wifes post on Face Book...

16. jwp333

jwp333 Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Best wishes for a swift recovery to Larry, a true gentleman on this forum. Looking forward to his next posting.

17. Stephen

Stephen Tele-Meister

Larry, you are in my thoughts and prays. Get well buddy and looking forward to your next post. Peace, Stephen

18. roosme

roosme TDPRI Member

Get well, Larry!

So sorry to hear the news, Larry, though it's a big relief to know you're still with us. Don't know what we'd do without you around here. Rest up and get yourself well and resume your music as soon as you are able!
    Peace and love, friend,
    Mike Roos

19. RonS

RonS Tele-Meister

Larry

Just heard the news today. Hope you get to feeling better real soon. We really miss your posts. You are in our thoughts!!

RonS
    Songbird1204

20. grapenehi

grapenehi TDPRI Member

Just read the news, oh boy... Hope all is well... Larry you and your family are in my prayers... Please take care, and get well soon... May god bless you...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.