1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Logan Custom Guitars Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by LGOberean, Mar 3, 2009.

1. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Very tasty custom, Jett!
    Congratulations!

2. lskit

lskit TDPRI Member

Ha! I was hoping nobody would notice. I had my guitar for about 18 hours. It had to go back to the hospital to fix a weird defective switch. We don't know if something happened in shipping or if it just was defective, but Bob turned it around right away and it is back on the truck today. I'll probably get it next Monday.

I did get to play it for a few hours since the first and third positions on the switch worked fine. The guitar is beautiful. It turned out exactly like I had imagined. The big, chunky satin-finished neck feels great and I love, love, love the thin, transparent finish. I'll post lots of pictures when it gets back home.

Bob was more distressed about the defective switch than I was, but I assured him that everything was good, and the important thing is that it gets done "right", even if not "right now". I'm very happy with Bob's personal service and response to my "issue". That usually tells you more about a company than when all seas are smooth.

One more week of waiting, but I have a deer hunting trip starting Wednesday, so that will keep me from counting the hours too much!

Ellis

3. Jett

Jett Tele-Meister

That is too bad, but it does not surprise me that Bob fixed it ASAP based on my experience with him. Glad to hear it is on its way back and look forward to the pictures, it sounds awesome.

4. jwp333

jwp333 Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

I think I'm addicted to Bob Logan's website

Does anybody else have the same compulsion that I have to check out the guitar gallery every day to see what's new and what's sold? I was just looking at it today and noticed something sold, but I'm not sure what it was. I'll probably go back a few more times till I figure it out.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  5. jwp333

I just figured out what's missing today. Fiesta red telecaster with gold hardware. Scary that I'm remembering this stuff. Maybe next year I'll be able to make one disappear from the gallery.

6. Jett

Jett Tele-Meister

I like looking at his page as well, so yes. I don't have it as bad as you so not every day:lol:

7. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

"Compulsion"? :eek: "...every day..."? :eek: "Scary"? :eek: "Addicted"? :eek:

I might be tempted to say we need to stage an intervention, but for most of us here calling you on the carpet for checking out Logan Custom Guitars website would be the proverbial pot calling the kettle black. :oops: ;)

More in answer to your question, though, I check out the site once or twice a day...uhhh, I mean week. Yeah...that's it...

Oh, and I can quit anytime I want...

8. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

I do the same thing also. I like to look for the same reasons as you. Also, Bob makes a lot of unique creations that aren't typically made by fender, so I like to see what he's made and get ideas for my next guitar (down the road). My only Logan (which is my only Tele) was one that was already made on his website. I was planning on buying a Logan for a while and when I finally got the money together, the one on his website was so eye-catching that I was stuck on it.

9. LGOberean

Okay, now that several of us are 'fessin' up to regularly/consistently/habitually checking out the guitars on Bob's site...

...who else saw that B-bender? Butterscotch, as I recall. It's gone from the site now. Somebody buy it? That would be cause for celebration and bragging, in my book.

Or maybe Bob just cycled through his stock and rotated that one out and some others in?

10. telecaster man

telecaster man Tele-Holic

Larry...why don't you ask Bob...wouldn't that be the logical thing to do

11. jwp333

In accordance with my self-professed addiction, I also noticed that b-bender tele photo in place of the usual photo of the BSB 52 style tele with Klein pickups. I pointed it out to Bob in an email, then it disappeared. I did like that one with the Klein boutique pickups, but it's too close in looks to my bandmates Tele.

12. LGOberean

There you go making sense again, Sanford. You need to cut that out! :p ;)

Yeah, I noticed too that the description didn't quite match the pics. Man, you really are on top of things :D

13. Stephen

Stephen Tele-Meister

RIP Bill Lawrence. 11/2/2013. A true pioneer of modern guitar sound.

14. voodooblues

It seems that a couple of guitars have disappeared from the website since the end of last week, which is a good thing. I like to see Bob get the support. The white blonde Cabronitae on there caught my eye. I've been interested in cabs lately, and I think my next Logan purchase (down the road a bit) will be a custom made Cab.

15. Jett

Jett Tele-Meister

I cant say enough about my new Logan, what a great little guitar. I have a couple of other brands I thought I would not sell, but now after getting my Logan the thought has crossed my mind once or twice. Time will tell. If you are thinking about a Logan, you will not be disappointed.

16. lskit

lskit TDPRI Member

My new Logan Esquire was waiting for me when I got back in town on Monday! Everything works perfectly and I couldn't be happier. I told Bob that I am going to have to adjust my playing style because I haven't ever had a guitar with sustain like this one. On my Fender Standard Tele, I always felt like the bass was missing in action, but on this baby, when you pick the low E string it rocks the house. I'm going to need a lighter touch. Too much work for pictures until this weekend, but here is one Bob took.

Attached Files:

17. voodooblues

Nice git Iskit! I've heard that esquires generally have more sustain because of only having one pickup. Do you find this to be the case on all of your esquires? Please post a full review when you get a chance. And pictures, lots of pictures!

I'm sure many of you already know, but another guitar seems to have disappeared from the Logan website. They're flying off the shelves!

18. jwp333

Just checked it out, and one does appear to be missing. I've been wracking my brain for the past 5 minutes trying to recall the missing guitar. The Koa with the humbucker has moved up one spot from the bottom row, but I'm not sure if it replaced the one that was there before. They are all nice, but this one must not be one that I was was pining for.

Anyone know which one is missing?

19. Jett

Jett Tele-Meister

Iskit, very cool, glad it made it back okay. Hope the hunting was as good as your NGD....

20. lskit

lskit TDPRI Member

I don't have much experience to make that call. This is my first Esquire, but it definitely has significantly more sustain than my Fender MIM Standard Tele and my Squire Strat. I don't know whether that is because it's an Esquire or just a better guitar...probably a little of both.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.