1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Logan Custom Guitars Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by LGOberean, Mar 3, 2009.

1. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Jett-
    Beautiful guitar! I never even pretend to hide my love for Bigsbys around here so to me that's a big plus. Will this be your first esquire? I've never tried one, but some people seem to swear by them. I'll be interested to know what you think.

2. Jett

Jett Tele-Meister

I really like esquires, below is the one if have right now. This will be my first B16 model.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. lskit

lskit TDPRI Member

Larry,

Your schedule sounds as busy as mine. I'm going to try and go hunt some birds this afternoon before the Cowboys game (also a suffering fan). Next week it is off to Austin to meet my daughter and attend some shows. I'm sure the new guitar will show up 5 minutes after I leave town.

Ellis

4. lskit

lskit TDPRI Member

Jett,

Those are great looking Esquires. I really like the leather covering on the one and the red one is very distinctive. Nice!

Ellis

5. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Ah, yes, makes me think of an old friend of mine. His last name was Hunter, and he was sweet on a girl from the Three Rivers area whose last name was Dove, so he would head up most every weekend to see her. He hadn't told his folks yet about her, so when his father questioned him about heading up to Three Rivers several weekends in a row, he just replied, "Just 'Dove' huntin', Daddy." ;) :lol:

And yeah, if ol' Murphy and his law have anything to do with it, your Logan probably will arrive in Corpus 5 minutes after you leave. :rolleyes: But here's hoping you get her before, and have some time with her before you have time with your daughter in the weirdness that is Austin. ;)

6. Magnum Z.I.

Magnum Z.I. TDPRI Member

Jett, love the leather wrap!

I just have to share this photo. Last week, my band performed at a Wounded Warriors Project fundraising gala. This was the 2nd year we've donated our time to entertain the event which is held at the Wings Over The Rockies Museum (a giant hangar). It's an absolute honor to be able to support our Veterans through music. Anyway, I love the way my Logan looks along with my other "toys" (unfortunately, the fighter jet isn't one of them...:lol:).

[​IMG]

7. Jett

Jett Tele-Meister

Magnum, that is awesome, not only the backdrop, the Logan, the Z and of course your support of the foundation. Keep up the good work.......

My new Logan is with UPS and will be here mid week, cant wait to give it a try.

8. Jett

Jett Tele-Meister

Got my Logan this morning. I have not had a chance to play it through an amp, but unplugged this guitar rings out and plays amazing. Bob did an awesome job on this guitar, fit and finish are excellent as well as the set up. It is nice to be able to have a custom guitar made in a timely fashion at a very fair price and work with a nice guy like Bob.

9. LGOberean

YAY!!! :D :D :D

The Logan Custom Cabronita/Bigsby-fied/Esquire is in your possession! Congratulations! I got on here intending to be brief, and then saw on the Index page of TDPRI that you had posted to this Logan thread. I figured/hoped that it would be the good news of a Logan in hand. Checked in here, and was not disappointed.

I relate to your assessment of it unplugged. Every Logan Tele I've had my hands on was quite resonant and a smooooth player.And of course great fit and finish and set up. I look forward to hearing your review after you've had a chance to plug in and play. I'd like to see some more pics as well. (I don't ask for much, do I? :oops: ;))

Congrats again, I'm excited for you! :D

10. lskit

lskit TDPRI Member

Congratulations on the new guitar, Jett. Mine shipped today. It is supposed to get here next Monday, the day I get back from my trip, so my fears of it arriving the minute I left town didn't come to pass. Enjoy your new baby and post more pictures!

11. LGOberean

Played a gig tonight, a regular monthly (every 3rd Saturday) gig. And I played a whole set with my Butterscotch Blonde Logan Custom.

Most everyone reading this thread knows by now that I have 3 other Logans. But I keep gigging with the BSB. My mahogany is the heaviest, and so I tend to gig with my lighter Teles. My "Logo" Thinline is the prototype of Bob's "Logo" line, so that one rarely leaves the house.

Then there's my Firecaster. Really also a one of a kind, and so I do take her out much. This week I kept telling myself that I was going to gig the Firecaster this time, and towards that end I picked her up several times this week. But by the time Saturday rolled around, I decided on the BSB. I don't like to think that I have a favorite Logan Tele, but someone could make a case for my Butterscotch being my fav. I prefer to think of it in terms of that Tele being my primary gigging Tele.

Anyway, great night. Jodie and I debuted a couple of songs new to our repertoire. The energy was great, people were really getting into it, and we played (pun intended :rolleyes:) off that. ;)

12. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I know what you mean, Larry. You get one that just feels right for everything. Others for this and that, but one that does it all. Sounds like you had a great night!

13. Jett

Jett Tele-Meister

Larry, sounds like good times.....I have had a chance to play the Logan and this guitar just feels good. Bob sure makes a nice guitar. Here are some new shots. I am on the run right now and will post more about the guitar when I have more time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. LGOberean

Jett, that's the way to do it. Don't have time to write/post in detail about a NGD? Post pics! :D And great pics, at that, of an eye-catching, unique axe in a room with hardwood floors. The reflections of the guitar in finish on the floor are a nice photographic touch.

15. Stephen

Stephen Tele-Meister

Jett, tasty retro. I dig it!

16. LGOberean

Uh, Jett? We kinda let you off the hook when you said you didn't have time to post in more detail, especially because you let your pictures do your talking for ya. But, c'mon, man...it's been nearly a week! :eek:

Just kidding...sorta! :p ;)

17. Jett

Jett Tele-Meister

Hi Larry, sorry for the delay, been traveling the world and burning the candle on both ends for the last few weeks. I played the guitar a good bit over the weekend and it is a pleasure to play. I have done a few teaks that have nothing to do with Bob's work, but I cant hardly leave a guitar alone for some reason. The Electric City pickup sounds great, but I like a higher output pickup so I threw in a Seymour Duncan BG1400 that I had, which really makes the guitar scream. I also ordered a Compton bridge, and switched out the original bigsby which gave the guitar more sustain and none of the plinking sound you get out of the bigsby. I like the bigsby bridge too, but the Compton is fantastic. As far as Bob's work the way he finishes the frets and rolls the edges of the neck makes it so easy to play. The weight of the guitar is perfect for me, right at 7.5lbs and the fit and finish is awesome. Bob was so willing to give me exactly what I wanted down to every detail. This guitar stacks up to any guitar that I have owned and I have had PRS, Surh, Anderson, Fender, still have an old Les Paul Deluxe that I have owned for 30 plus years and I would put this guitar up to all of them. What a great deal from a great builder and would recommend Bob any day. How is that:)

18. LGOberean

Suddenly I feel demanding and greedy! :oops:

But the result of me being pushy was a great review, so I guess I'll salve my smarting psyche/hurting conscience with that! ;) :lol:

19. Jett

Jett Tele-Meister

Larry no worries on the nudge, I needed to say how great Bob's work is even though I think the pictures speak volumes...

Here is a new shot with the Compton bridge, updated pickup which looks the same of course and I forgot to say I swapped out the knobs for heavy knurled knobs. I had to age the knobs and bridge to match Bob's work on the original hardware. The last photo shows the bigsby bridge and knobs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Jett

Jett Tele-Meister

Iskit, you should have your guitar by now, Larry you need to get on him:)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.