Logan Custom Guitars Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by LGOberean, Mar 3, 2009.

1. tino7770

tino7770 TDPRI Member

If theres anyone looking in here in the UK that fancies a Logan Pine-caster,my son has decided to sell one...its one of the best playing and best sounding teles we possess & you will not have to wait on postage or have import duties to pay

2. Buffalo0993

Buffalo0993 Tele-Holic

I just think I should say I think I should say I think I'm getting close to being out of the honey moon stage and this tele is still going strong it really oozes quality I really think you would have to pay over 1500 dollars to get the kind of quality this thing has from fender. Great tones its really a great guitar to just play unplugged while watching tv. I gotta give myself some credit for the pickup choice lol but the rest is all bob. It's bloody brilliant it really is. It's my dream guitar and I will NEVER part with it

3. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

That's great to hear. I use my Logan for pretty much everything except for jazz (got a 335 for that). It's nice to know I have a guitar that'll get me through almost any situation, even jazz if I needed it to.

Also, relating to my above comment, I've never been much of a tinkerer. It's nice to have a guitar that doesn't compel me to change a bunch of stuff. I can just leave it as is and know it'll do the job for me.

4. outriggery

outriggery NEW MEMBER!

New Logan Stratocaster

I just received my second Logan. The first one is a fantastic Telecaster with a mini humbucker in the neck. I'll have to get around to posting photos of it soon.

In the mean time, here are some of Bob's photos of my newest one. It's a tropical turquoise Strat. Ash body, Rosewood fretboard, 3 Seymour Duncan P90s (that sound amazing), mint green pickguard, 1 volume and 1 tone knob.

I can't express enough how much I love this guitar. As usual, Bob did an amazing job building it. It fits like a glove. Came setup perfectly. And the tone. Wow. These pickups, which Bob suggested, are fantastic.

Over all, I'm beyond thrilled with it. I'll get around soon to posting my own photos of it and of my Logan Tele.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. voodooblues

Nice Strat, I really like that color. That's interesting also with just two knobs. Definitely try to post pics of that Tele soon also. I don't know if you've lurked around this thread before, but if not here's one thing we all agree on: you can never post too many pics!

6. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Our own Sanford (telecaster man) has had a Logan Custom Strat for like 4 years or something, and he opted as you did, outriggery, for the same control knob configuration (1 Volume, 1 Tone) and placement. I'm tempted to search back through this long thread and find his pics, but I guess I should give Sanford a chance to post them on his own. Anyway, I really like that. If I ever get a Strat, it will be one of Bob's, and probably that very same configuration and placement.

7. telecaster man

telecaster man Tele-Holic

Larry...i do not know how to bring them up here so be my guest and do it
    if you want

8. jwp333

jwp333 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

The British Racing Green model must have sold, but it wasn't sold to me. Still looking. That BSB with the Klein pickups would interest me but for the fact that my fellow guitarist in the band has one that looks just like it and I don't want to step on any toes. I guess I'll know the perfect one for me when I see it.

9. LGOberean

Okay, Sanford, thanks, I will.

The first pic below was the first pic (posted May 4, 2009, page 16, post #311, in case you'd like to go back and read more about it) of Sanford's natural finish Strat with the two control knob configuration, 1 Volume, 1 Tone. The second pic is of course just a close-up view...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. LGOberean

Well, I can kind of understand how you'd try to steer away from having two identical appearing guitars on stage. But still, if that were the only factor, I probably wouldn't let that deter me from getting a Butterscotch Blonde. Especially after checking out the one you're talking about on Bob's website.

But that's me.

11. telecaster man

telecaster man Tele-Holic

i was playing my Logan Natural Telecaster this morning...even though it has some weight to it...it is still the best sounding guitar i have and the one with the best feel...if i could just do something about the weight

12. jwp333

Bob's serial numbers

I just noticed that some of the guitars available on Bob's site have the serial numbers in the description. Are the first two numbers the year completed, and the last three the build number? Example would the the chambered cedar at the top of the page which is s/n 12459. So that means it was completed in 2012, and was build number 459?

I thought he had just posted this one, so that kind of surprised me. Does Bob have a lot of guitars in stock that aren't actually posted to the available guitars page?

13. Bob Logan

Bob Logan Tele-Meister

Serial Numbers

Just a quick not about the serial numbers. Not all the guitars listed on the web site have serial numbers that match the build date. The guitar referred to has a hand picked Birdseye maple neck I was saving for a special guitar build. The actual build date is in the neck pocket and control cavity. All customs have the correct build date and consecutive number, Bob

14. jwp333

Didn't know that I'd get the answer straight from the source. Thanks for the info. That chambered cedar one does indeed look like a special build.

15. voodooblues

Sorry that green one got sold, I know you had your eye on it. Were you thinking of going with another of Bob's guitars? There are some eye catchers on his website right now. Just curious.

16. jwp333

Sure, the chambered cedar top is one that has caught my eye. Only reservation is the Chopper T in the bridge. I like the butterscotch blonde with the Klein pickups, but it's too close to what my friend and bandmate plays. I like the white blonde tele, but the darker ash woodgrain showing through in the close up shots isn't what I'm looking for. The chambered walnut one is nice too, but I'm afraid the pickups might be too hot for my taste.

Maybe I'm too picky and should be focused on a custom.

17. voodooblues

When I bought my Logan it already had Twang Kings in it, and that's what I was looking for, so minimal communication was required. Many people here though have mentioned that they were a little up in the air about what exactly they wanted so they talked to Bob directly and were able to nail down exactly what they were after. Also, everyone agrees to a T that Bob is extremely nice and easy to deal with. I'm sure if you talked to him you can get a better idea of the best route to go for the tone/pickups you're looking for. Also, if you have your eye on a particular instrument I'm sure he'd be willing to swap pickups for you if the current pickups aren't the sound you're after.

Whatever route you go, be sure to keep is informed. I've said it several times, but I'm a little ways away from buying a new guitar, so for the time being I have to live vicariously through others.:lol:

18. LGOberean

jwp333, you do sound like a good candidate for having a Logan custom made for you. ;) But as Justin (voodooblues) has said, I'm sure Bob would swap out pickups on a guitar from his gallery.

I've dealt with Bob both from the standpoint of having a Tele custom built according to my specs and buying one from his gallery, so to speak. Either way you go, Bob works with ya, and is a pleasure to work with.

19. Buffalo0993

Buffalo0993 Tele-Holic

Get a custom man, you have to realize that you get at least two times what you pay for with a custom. I got mine under a thousand dollars that's ridiculous when you consider the quality of the work and the fact I chose every detail of the guitar. I really don't see how bob does it. He has to be either buying in big bulk or taking a hit on every guitar. The value on bobs guitars is really unbeatable

I told my local guitar store about it before I got mine, and he said I should be careful that I shouldn't expect too much at the price I was paying. I still kept my expectations high and Bob blew them out of the water. I showed it to him and he was blown away also. Logan's are the best guitar for the money. I know mine is my favorite guitar and its my cheapest

20. voodooblues

This is spot on. I'm amazed at the level of quality you get for the money from Bob. I also like the idea of supporting a small business. Although I get some serious GAS, I'm good at managing my finances so I don't make many purchases outside my means, which is why I've stated several times that my next guitar is probably several years away. Sometimes though I feel like I should sell some stuff or come up with the money somehow and get another Logan or two, just because of what an unbelievably good deal it is.

When I got my Logan, I was originally intending on a completely custom guitar. I was regularly checking Bob's website, and I saw one that caught my eye. Eventually, I ended up with this one and I couldn't be happier. I've already been thinking of what I should do for my next one, but there are still guitars on his website that I would buy in a heartbeat if I had the money. The way I look at it, whether you get one completely custom or not, you're still getting the same quality hand crafted product. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

For those of you who haven't seen, this is mine:

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.