Logan Custom Guitars Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by LGOberean, Mar 3, 2009.

1. tino7770

tino7770 TDPRI Member

Any UK forum members interested in a Logan Pine-caster,superb playing instrument,unfortunately current deal precludes use...its a great guitar and we have always sung its praises but are no longer allowed to...well Danny cant,,, but me I CAN ITS BLOODY MARVELLOUS
    Post or collect from Hertfordshire...Ive even sold Logan guitars to other noted UK bands aint I fellas
    I kept this one back cos it was that bit better..
    Bob Builds Best....Dont You Know!!!

2. dink

dink TDPRI Member

My Logan family has expanded. New Lake Placid Blue Thinline

A "dude" had Bob to build this baby and kept it for 6 hours. He likes heavy guitars and this blue thinline Logan was too light. I came to his rescue and I got a new Logan and saved some sheckles. The truer demonstration of the lake placid blue color is the middle pic, a medium dark blue. I do not like the fat neck and will probably see if Bob can switch it out for a medium C, but the TV Jones Classics are awesome. I also bought the seafoam green Logan from the same dude. Good news for Bob "dude" is already formulating the specs for his next Logan. "Dude" (as I) loves Bob's work and even though I think he is nuts for selling these 2 guitars to me, I benefit, Bob benefits, and "Dude" enjoys the creation of the NEXT build.
    I think in my last post I stated that I had to sell 1 or 2 Logans before I can order my custom Logan. How is that working for me. I got another Logan and I still have not ordered my custom Logan. :cool: I am thinking now of sending a couple of these in to Bob for some pup changes and then I would have 2 new-different guitars and I would not sell them. Anyway I am addcicted and my wife will probably have an intervention SHORTLY. :rolleyes:
    Specs:
    Classic tv jones,
    Lake placid blue (laquer finish)
    Vintage tuners
    Fat neck, (almost like a 50s lp)
    Three way switch
    Medium frets.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  3. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Dink-

That's a nice lookin' git right there. Sounds like the "Dude" should keep ordering from Bob, because in the end you end up being the beneficiary! Nice family too btw.

4. dink

dink TDPRI Member

Thanks VDB, Each one has its own character and tone. Each time I play one I can't find anything about it that I want to sell it over. My fav's in order are the zebra, red cab, blue tv jones, P90 strat neck, black beauty, and greenie. But greenie is as good as my number 1 zebra. Ah heck I am just having fun since abandoning acoustics and going totally electric. I plug into my assorted Carl's custom amps and wail away. To me the Logans make me sound pretty darn good even though I am not too keen on playing lead in front of anyone. Now rhythm I would play in front of the pope or the president. That comes very natural to me. Even though at the moment I am obsessed with Logan guitars I am having fun and I promise to all that I WILL NEVER GO OVER 7 LOGANS TOTAL :)

5. voodooblues

Forgive me if I say I DON'T BELIEVE YOU:lol:

I acquired my one and only Logan last November. Been gassin real hard lately. Glad to have people around these forums like you; I can live vicariously through you until I have enough $$$ for my next guitar.

6. telemystix

telemystix Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Just wanted to give a heads up...I put my Logan Strat up for sale and if anyone wants to get a great one...

It won't be my last Logan - but gotta clear some debt before I can get new toys..

here is the link; (hope I am not breaking any rules here - if so - apologies and please delete)

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1293111

7. Buffalo0993

Buffalo0993 Tele-Holic

I saw that dudes guitar on the gearpage he was offering to me for a trade for one of my strats i think. pretty cool but i have mine still on the way and its gonna be my first so id rather have my first be exactly what i want

8. voodooblues

Nice. Make sure to keep us updated with the progress of your guitar and your reaction when you receive it. And pictures, lots of pictures!

9. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

:lol: Well said, Justin! Took the words right out of my mouth. :lol:

10. Buffalo0993

Buffalo0993 Tele-Holic

He's let me know that neck and body are already finished and drying now iv made the decision to put a jb Danny gatton in the bridge all he's gotta do now is let it dry and wire it up

11. oneeyedog

oneeyedog Tele-Meister

pictures?:p

john

12. Buffalo0993

Buffalo0993 Tele-Holic

Bob just let me know it should be finished monday will have a picture of it then

13. dink

dink TDPRI Member

Now fralin neck & joe barden bridge?

Buff, Dude just when I get your build sheet memorized you up and change your pup selection! What gives man? :lol: just pickin. Getting a Logan is a lot of fun and I started the process over 3 months ago. I have revised my build sheet over a dozen times. The first time I talked to Bob I realized that I did not know what I wanted and every time I read or played a new guitar I would change my mind. 1 thing I know for sure is That I am a tele man. I have tried a lot of other guitars and I always go back to a tele. My genes must be tele oriented. Anyway I have 95 % of it down and as of now I am leaning towards a tv jones "fingerpicking" setup . A super'tron neck and T-Armond bridge pup arrangement. I have 6 different Logan's and a I really like the satin lacquer finish on the neck of the charcoal P-90. I came from acoustics and the satin finish is a slicker feel when moving around the neck. EVERY Logan is the same in 1 regard. The playability and setup is always spot-on. Keep us posted. I am pumped for you!
    P.S. can you tell us more about how you ended up with the Fralin-Barden combo

14. Buffalo0993

Buffalo0993 Tele-Holic

Haha I'm really just trying something. I want a tele with more power in the neck and a cleaner in the bridge. But mainly I just wanted a tele with a p90 neck. There wasn't really any process I went through to get to that. It was originally going to have the fralin blues special in the bridge that I took out of another guitar but I'd really like to just put that back in my other guitar and have something completely different with my logan

15. LGOberean

Look forward to the pics.

16. Buffalo0993

Buffalo0993 Tele-Holic

Yep I can't wait today is the day!

17. Buffalo0993

Buffalo0993 Tele-Holic

Bob sent me the pictures today so here come the photoshoot!

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Beautiful guitar will be sure to update with a review when i get it in about 2 weeks or so i would guess. Love how the grain follows the neckline on the back. shes definitley a looker now just to see how she plays. Ill also be switching that switch tip to a cream one the white looks a little out of place. But man i cant wait. Im jealous of bob that he gets to play it right now. Hes probably jamming smoke on the water as we speak (jk)

18. voodooblues

Beautiful guitar. I'll be interested to hear how you like it's sound and playability. Congrats on the new git.

19. Buffalo0993

Buffalo0993 Tele-Holic

I think ill try to post a video haven't seen very many of these around this thread

20. LGOberean

I'm lovin' the pics on this page. Dink, beautiful collection of Logans. I've lost track of how many Logans the various members here have, but I think you are tied for 1st place.

Buffalo, yours is a beauty as well. I really like that cream soapbar set against the cream pickguard. And a P-90 in the neck position is a lot of fun, my first Logan Tele, my mahogany, has that configuration. The wood grains on the body are beautiful, and I also noticed and was struck by the way the grains on the back followed the neckline.

I didn't notice the white tip on the selector switch until you mentioned it, but I agree it will have a more uniform appearance with a cream colored switch tip.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.