1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Logan Custom Guitars Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by LGOberean, Mar 3, 2009.

1. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Nice outfit you got there, Joe!

2. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

I agree with Randy (rebelwoclue). Nice rig. Is that a Band Master head & cab?

3. LGOberean

Something about the numbers caught my eye, and it brought home to me again just how popular this thread is.

As of approximately 6pm today (Wednesday, March 27, 2013), the Logan Custom Guitars Club had 4,521 replies.

To put that into perspective, there are only 3 other threads in the "Guitar Owners Clubs" sub-forum/section that currently have over a thousand posts/replies.

The Classic Vibe Tele owners club is the next closest, with 3,196 replies.

Next is the Baja owners club, with 1,490 replies.

Coming in at the fourth position is the Fender Bullet Owners Club, with 1,276 replies.

The Club Esquire is close to the 1,000 mark with 959 replies.

Now some may not believe me, since I started this top-ranking owners club thread, but this really isn't a competition for me. There are quite a few owners club threads that are about guitars that I really like.

For example, I am a fan of Hohner guitars, and I'm very sentimental about old Harmony guitars. (Admittedly, I started owners club threads for each of these brands.) I'd be very happy if they were top-ranking threads as well. And they're fairly popular club threads in their own right, with the Harmony thread at 270 replies and the Hohner at 234. And though I did not start the thread, I'm also a fan of Peavey guitars, and have posted many times in that owners club thread. It currently has 328 replies.

The point is, I'm not trying to put others down, I'm just rejoicing in the success and popularity of Bob Logan's guitars.

4. RonS

RonS Tele-Meister

Hey Larry

Whew.........I was getting worried when this thread went a couple days with no new posts:lol:

RonS

5. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Hey Larry- Kudos to you on starting the thread and also as "Keeper of the thread". Many times you see a thread go up and then go by the wayside.

6. telecaster man

telecaster man Tele-Holic

Happy Easter Everyone

7. LGOberean

Ron, it's funny how that happens sometimes. Just natural, I guess. After all, we all have to stop posting here and play our Logans sometimes! :p

Thanks, Randy. A lot of the credit for the perseverance of this thread goes to fellow Logan owners, and to the quality of Bob's work. It has often been the case that I've been out for a day or two, and others keep things going without me. In fact, I often find myself trying to catch up to the discussion.

The last couple of days case in point. Thursday night I got food poisoning. Sparing you the gory details, I'll just say that Thursday night/Friday morning was not pleasant. I slept all day yesterday, didn't eat a thing until breakfast this morning. On the upside, I think I dropped a few pounds, but I wouldn't recommend this as a dietary method! :(

8. LGOberean

And to you, Sanford. :D

9. Cottee

Cottee TDPRI Member

My New Logan P Bass

First off Sanford those are some great looking basses... I joined the club on Friday when my bass was shipped to me.

My specs:
    Tinted maple neck (set up perfectly... This thing plays so easy I am now selling my ibanez)
    Gold hardware
    Gold KSM Foundation Bass Bridge (aircraft grade aluminum in limited gold finish)
    SD 1/4 2 bass pickup
    Nice switches/pots/electronics switchcraft etc.
    SKB TSA Hardcase
    45-105 d'addario steels

The Bass plays amazing. Bob set up the neck and and edges and fretwork are super clean and comfortable. The weight is on the lighter end for a P bass. The finish color Irish Green on Ash looks better in person. Pictures don't do the finish justice as there are light orangish color around the train in person that looks amazing. Plugged in this thing fits perfectly in a mix and does what it is supposed to. I would/and might soon order another one as I am happier than expected on this purchase.
    I will include some pictures taken from my phone. (Not the best but its what I have for now.

Attached Files:

10. Cottee

Cottee TDPRI Member

More bass pictures

More pictures

Attached Files:

11. Cottee

Cottee TDPRI Member

Pictures continued

KSM Foundation Bridge

Attached Files:

12. Cottee

Cottee TDPRI Member

Picture

Another picture of my bass

Attached Files:

13. telecaster man

telecaster man Tele-Holic

Cottee...that is one fine bass...i usually play my natural Logan...sometimes one of the others but seldom...what amp usin with her

14. Cottee

Cottee TDPRI Member

I have an Orange TB500 but find it is too dark sounding so I mainly am using a GK MB500 with a GK Neo 2x12ii and my other setup is an old acoustic 150 b head (120 watts) that I took out of an old combo with an Avatar 2x12 and I love both of those set ups 10x more than my Orange so I think the Orange has to go.

15. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Cottee-
    That is one gorgeous bass. I like when people go for guitars/basses with colors that are a little more flamboyant. I know they're tools, but ain't nothin' wrong with makin em purdy...

16. LGOberean

Well, as I said on Saturday, here I am again, playing catch up to the conversations on here. Not complaining, just saying. I'm out for a little more than a day, and there's 7 post to reply to. Fortunately, they're all about one subject, Cottee's bass, so one post in reply is all I need make.

Cottee (Alan, is it?) others have already described your bass as "fine," "gorgeous" and "purdy" (I like that one, Justin), so I'll use the adjective beautiful. That Irish Green is really pretty on that (Swamp?) Ash body.

You say the pics don't do her justice and she looks even better in person. Well, I believe you, because I've experienced that with my own Logans. I think they photograph well, but look even better up close and personal. But applying that to your Logan P Bass just means she must be breathtaking in person! Congrats! :D

Never having played, much less owned, a bass, I must confess this statement went over my head: "Pictures don't do the finish justice as there are light orangish color around the train in person that looks amazing." In this context, what does "train" refer to?

17. DrummerStrummer

DrummerStrummer Tele-Meister

HEY! THAT'S MY NAME! sounds like I need to get me one of these!

18. LGOberean

Logan? As in your given name? I don't recall a fellow member of this thread having that as his given name. That would be a cool double entendre, having the name "Logan" on the headstock.

Of course, I wouldn't say that is reason enough to buy a guitar, but in the case of the quality of Bob Logan's custom creations, I would certainly look into to it if I were in your shoes. I know; easy to say. It's up to you of course, but maybe have a look through this thread and see what you think.

19. Cottee

Cottee TDPRI Member

Hey Larry... I meant to type in the word "grain" not train... That isn't bass lingo, or at least as I know just a typo. The grain has this orangish hue that is really nice and pretty but it didn't come out in the pictures. Also the SD pickup has a lot of output and I have been happy with the slap and fingerstyle sounds that I have been getting out of her.
    Alan

20. LGOberean

:lol: Now that's funny, I didn't even think of the possibility of a typo. Honestly, my first thought was that I was ignorant of some insider jargon that bass players had for their instruments! I was guessing that was some slang way of referring to the bridge! :oops: :lol:

Of course, now that you've clarified, it makes sense. And I can see how that typo happened, given the proximity of the letters "g" and "t" on the keyboard.

And all that aside, I guess you're right; the orangish hue doesn't show up in the pics you've posted.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.