1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Logan Custom Guitars Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by LGOberean, Mar 3, 2009.

1. JustinTele

JustinTele TDPRI Member

First Logan

My first Logan. A beautiful Cabronita with TV Jones Classic pickups, swamp ash body, and binding. Now there are no more excuses - simply need to practice more and enjoy the guitar.

Justin

p.s. Bob Logan was very kind and let me try out a few of his guitars in person - Thank you.

:D

Attached Files:

2. telecaster man

telecaster man Tele-Holic

i was supposed to play bass at church today but lastnight i got a phone call saying a friend of mine i have known for 42 years is dieing and nothing can be done for him....i was not in a state of mind to play for church this morning

3. Tonemonkey

Tonemonkey Poster Extraordinaire

Thoughts and prayers with your friend, and his friends, Sanford.

4. telemystix

telemystix Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Very nice, Justin and welcome. That looks like an instant classic right there. I am very curious about those tv jones pups....

5. Plugged-In

Plugged-In TDPRI Member

Welcome to the club! That's a great-looking Logan there; no doubt it sounds as good as it looks. Trying out a few must have been beneficial in your decision-making.

6. telecaster man

thank you Chris

7. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Sorry to hear about that, Sanford. I had a similar phone call on Friday with a friend of mine that lives in Montana. I hope to see him before he goes... so then I called another buddy I hadn't talked to for a long time to let him know - who happens to be a pastor in Utah- maybe we'll all get together sometime this year, I sure hope so.

8. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Nice Guitar! Try to post a review whenever you get a chance, we'd all love to hear your impressions!

9. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Sorry to hear your sad news, Sanford and Randy. I hope you both get to see your friends before they go.

I haven't personally faced this kind of thing in a while. The last close friend I lost was 14 years ago, who died very young (from cancer). :(

10. LGOberean

Yes, Justin, congratulations, and welcome.

That's one of Bob's guitars that he's had advertized on his website, isn't it? The figuring in that Swamp Ash body is very distinctive. As Bob described it, the nicest in his stash at the time. :D Interesting controls configuration, with a Gibson style selector switch located between the Volume and the Tone.

As our other Justin (voodooblues) said, we'd be interested in a review.

11. bumblefingers

bumblefingers Tele-Meister

Well there's at least 3 of us then

12. LGOberean

Oh, sorry, Justin I didn't know. Thanks for chiming in. So...

JustinTele=Justin
    voodooblues=Justin
    bumblefingers=Justin

Any other Justins I don't know about?

13. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Just-in time
    Just-in case
    Just-in the neighbourhood!
    Sorry guys I couldn't help myself...:lol:

14. bumblefingers

bumblefingers Tele-Meister

Buddy of mine growing up was Justin tyme. Another buddy had initials of STD. Be careful naming those kids folks.

15. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

True story: Years before I met him, a real good friend of mine (whose name is Justin) was going to a concert. It was one of those ones that was on some fairgrounds in more or less the middle of nowhere, so there was only one road that led in/out. Traffic was dead stopped, so he got out of the car he was in and started walking. A little ways up the road, the traffic started moving, so a group of guys in a car asked if he would like a ride. He got in, and wouldn't you know it, all the other guys in the car (there were 3 of them) were named Justin.

I know what you all are thinking: "That's Justincredible."

16. arcangel6

arcangel6 TDPRI Member

Congratulation! I have one in a similar configuration too.

Joe

[​IMG]

17. Cottee

Cottee TDPRI Member

New member here... I am a guitar player recently converted over to playing bass as I can play bass as there are more opportunities... Anyway I finally pulled the trigger on a new Logan P Bass... After seeing Bob's current strat in Irish Green I had to have a p bass with that configuration. Bob was great on the phone and in emails as I was super picky on what parts I wanted to use and even what case to get. Anyway he sent me pictures of the completed Bass yesterday and she will be on her way here to her new home.
    Once I get her I will name her, get some pictures and do a rundown/review in case anybody else is thinking about having Bob make a bass for them. As it seems there have only been a few p bass reviews of his I could find.

My initial thoughts through the ordering/building process are: Bob is patient, good communicator, super fast build time, Bob is versatile and truly offers a lot of options and is willing to work with picky pain in the butt guys like me.

18. telecaster man

welcome aboard Cottee...good to know i am not the only bass player on here now...got some company....Bob made me several basses and i love them all....although i will admit i play my natural....my first...most of the time

19. LGOberean

Sanford, you're the first person I thought of when I read Cottee's post. You mentioned your basses to him; I think he should get a look at them. Hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of borrowing some of your pics from this thread.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And the group shot of all of your Logans...

[​IMG]

Sanford, your green bass is a Forrest Green, right? I don't know just how that compares to the Irish Green Cottee's talking about, but I figured yours is the closest to what he's talking about. And we've just gotta have pics, right? ;)

And Cottee, here's a close-up shot of the natural Sanford says gets the most play...

[​IMG]

20. LGOberean

Oh, yeah... :D

Hey, Joe (yeah, I still use that Hendrix reference with guys named Joe :oops: ;)), it's been a while. Thanks for chiming in.

Yeah, I remember your blue Logan. I think Sanford (telecaster man) once referred to your guitar as "Mr. Blue." :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.