1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Logan Custom Guitars Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by LGOberean, Mar 3, 2009.

1. dandan321

dandan321 TDPRI Member

Bob Logan finished my guitar! I was expecting it to take a month or more like the website stated but the man did it in half the time, incredible!

I got Vintage Vibe Charlie Christian pickups which look great on a 69' thinline style guitar in Olympic White. Keeping it classy :cool: Weighs in at 6 pounds, 5 oz.

Can't wait for it to arrive, Bob says its a fantastic guitar (like anything he creates I'm sure). :D

Attached Files:

2. mpfef

mpfef TDPRI Member

Wow! That's an incredible looking guitar.

3. Jammin'John

Jammin'John Friend of Leo's

Bob

Bob's the man and VV is a great company.
    Your axe looks fantastic ! :cool:
    I have a VV P90 in the bridge of this bob guitar.

JJ

Attached Files:

4. Stephen

Stephen Tele-Meister

Dan, that may be the best looking Thinline I have ever seen. Congrats and welcome to the owners club.

JJ, is that a one piece body? Very nice. Congrats and welcome to the owners club.

Can you tell us about the VV Pickups?

5. Toadhopper57

Toadhopper57 Tele-Meister

Hello Dan,

Great looking guitar. Putting it up there with one of my favorites.

Cheers,

Randy

6. Toadhopper57

Toadhopper57 Tele-Meister

Hello Stephen,

Thanks for the info.

Randy

7. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Beauty, eh?
    Love it! Very classy looking.

8. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer NEW MEMBER!

Hey guys, my first post here. Long time lurker, but now I'm official. Bob asked if I was going to post this here. I told him I would. I was wanting to do a clip, but it's been crazy as of late. Job, full time school, 18 month old and one on the way in a couple of weeks. lol

Anyhoo, It's a beautiful guitar that was finished a week or two ago. She also has a set of Charlie Christian pickups in her. Pete makes some great pickups. I took her to church and played a couple of services and she delivered. What a great sound.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She has a Cedar Core with a Rosewood top and a Mahogany back. A Maple neck with a rosewood fretboard and a Soft V shape. It's your standard 9.5 radius. I also got locking tuners. So far I'm loving it, and she sounds beautiful. I will admit that there is a couple of cosmetic imperfections around the binding, but overall I think Bob did a good job. I'm very happy with her.

Plus, I want to go on record and say that Bob was a true gentleman to work with.

9. garytelecastor

garytelecastor Poster Extraordinaire

Hey bud. Just wanted to say how nice it was to see you at the last gig. We hired a new bass player, and I swear, you better bring your guitar next time so we can jam.
    Thanks for introing me to your jazz player friend as well.
    later gator-g

10. telecaster man

telecaster man Tele-Holic

interesting...you play guitar at your church and i play bass at my church

11. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer NEW MEMBER!

Very cool indeed. lol

My wife and I were Worship Leaders once, but now I really don't get to play in church due to school and work. I occasionally help out another church that we visit from time to time. My home church has 4 different worship teams so they don't need my help. lol

The Logan Tele did sound good though. I love those Charlie Christian Pickups! I lowered them just a little and I think I have found their sweet spot.

12. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Post #4,700 for me right here! :D

Dan, that's a beauty! An elegant look, like a reverse tuxedo.

And MD, yours is another looker, and you also have Charlie Christian pups. And what a mix of woods on the body. A warm look, and no doubt a warm tone as well.

13. Tonemonkey

Tonemonkey Poster Extraordinaire

Get some time in, Larry!

+1 on that white Thinline. First "sit up and take notice" new guitar I've seen for a while.

14. LGOberean

Trying to, Chris! :D ;)

15. mpfef

mpfef TDPRI Member

Ok, so I've been playing my new Logan all weekend, and I just have one question. Why doesn't everyone have a guitar with TV Jones pickups in it? It's probably the honeymoon period, but I don't really see a downside of these pickups, especially the neck (it's a TV Jones Classic).

Honestly, I got the Cabronitae at least in part because I think it looks cool, but those pickups are the real deal.

In other Logan-related news, the rest of the guitar is great too, the metallic black finish looks and feels great, the neck is great, I really have zero complaints about the guitar.

Next time I'm in the market for a guitar, I'll be going to Bob first, that's for sure!

--Matt

16. LGOberean

Thanks for sharing, Matt. Glad you're happy with your new Logan.

Other Logan owners have opted for Cabronitas and TV Jones pups before. I remember having an extended dialogue with "vespa" last year about his. He chose a (Forrest?) Green Thinline with TV Jones pups. We talked at length about color and comparison to his FMIC guitars, but as I remember he was very happy with the TV Jones pups as well.

17. kaosprods

kaosprods NEW MEMBER!

Hello all,
    This is my first Logan. Well actually, it started out as a loaded Logan walnut thinline body that I got off ebay. The body was the exact configuration that I had been looking for so I decided to get it and put together the guitar that I always wanted (that Fender never made!) It got a maple neck from a Squire Tele that I had saved for years (it was on an awful guitar but the neck fit my hand perfectly so I saved it!) The pickups are TV Jones T'Armonds (50's Gretsch DeArmond Dynasonic copies in a P90 housing)
    All strung up with La Bella .11 Flatwounds.
    All my favorite features in one package!
    Oh my goodness, what a fat twangy sound!
    [​IMG]
    kaosprods

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  18. LGOberean

Welcome, kaos. Cool Logan partscaster. Like the look and the pickups.

We have a number of Logan owners/club thread members that hail from New York, some from upstate, some from NYC. RonS and his daughter Alice (Songbird), Jammin' John (see his most recent post above on this page), etc.

19. LGOberean

In a few hours I'll be heading out to a gig. It's my duo's normal 3rd Saturday of the month gig, not specifically a St. Patrick's Day thing. We will be doing a number of Irish songs, though. My singing partner Jodie is Irish, and I am too...

Sort of. :confused: I have an English surname, but my Great-great-great-great-great grandparents were born in Ireland. So I don't know what that means; the genealogical information I have dating before the 19th century is pretty sketchy. Were my forebears in Ireland Cromwellian Adventurers? Part of the Plantation of County Cork? :confused: Still, I'm gonna be Irish for the evening, at least. ;)

And tomorrow, I'll be the worship leader for our congregation. For both tonight and tomorrow, I'll be using my Butterscotch Blonde Blackguard Logan Tele, the one with the Swamp ash body, DiMarzio Twang King pups and 4-way switch.

Anybody else playing tonight and/or tomorrow?

20. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Hey Larry! Have fun! I'm not playing anywhere of course, but I'm lookin' for some corned beef and cabbage.
    My dad always thought we were all Scot- however, my uncle did an ancestry search and found out we mostly came from Ireland. He said that he found 2 families back in Ireland with our name. One family was the landowners with lots of money and titles. The other family were sheep-thieves. Guess which family we came from??? :p:lol:
    Happy St. Patty's Day!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.