Local strawberry time = precious time.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by imwjl, Jul 2, 2020.

1. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

It's the short strawberry season. It must be the cultivar, it's work to pick them and do some prep but one of those foods where nothing in mass or commercial distribution compares.

@getbent got me going with the ice cream topic. My lunch ended with a meringue, berries, vanilla ice cream and nice tea. Now there's a teenager with body clock running almost 8 hours later than parents doing pancakes and strawberries.

Seasonal eats are reasons to live and for hope in this house. You can't be too sad when berries pass knowing peak tomato and sweet corn are coming. We just picked our little cherry tree - another reminder of time without looking at calendar or watch.

Matt G, Torren61 and voodoostation like this.
  2. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

strawberries , cherries nectarines and peaches are all on sale at my store right now , but its funny because any one who lives in Kamloops ever buy these things because we all have trees in our back yards 2 apricot and 1 cherry in mine , any thing more than that is bear attractant , which drives my dog nuts, LOL

Torren61 and orangeblossom like this.
  3. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

fresh picked strawberries are one of my favorite fruits

Torren61 likes this.
  4. Steerforth

Steerforth Friend of Leo's

I love strawberries. Where I grew up, we had wild strawberries, a source of great joy in my childhood. But I love the ones that you grow on purpose, too.

Torren61 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.