Local smash-and-grab jewelry store attempted robbery goes bad for robbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffBlue

Friend of Leo's
It angers me that we live in a society where we are unable to properly defend our lives, homes and businesses. I don't believe this kind of nonsense happens in Texas or Arizona. It's always about idiot thinking and the powers that be.

Flat6Driver

Poster Extraordinaire
Did any customers get shot in the crossfire? A young girl was killed recently around here, when she was in a dressing room with her mom when a guy was going berserk in the store. Police came in and took a shot at him and it went through a wall and killed her. The perp was unarmed, and they could have easily taken him down, but they chose to shoot. Just imagine this happening where half of the customers are armed...
That's why training is SO important

During all the posting to this thread I over heard a story at the chiropractor office. A drunk guy threw a glass of water on another guy I think at a place of business. The other guy jumped a fence, grabbed a golf club and was beating the crap out of the drunk. Police showed up and drunk ran off seeking no medical treatment (apparently lost a lot of blood) other guy collapsed from the adrenaline dump and left on a stetcher.

It's a crazy world out there.

Flat6Driver

Poster Extraordinaire
Nobody's right when everybody's wrong (where have I heard THAT before?).

True, carjacking in and of itself is a property crime, and according to most people, no material object should be worth taking a life over.

If it was only one perp and no firearm involved, chances are it would have ended differently - possibly with the car owner holding the perp at gunpoint until the cavalry arrived.

However, the little ba$tard didn't think it through, and if you pull a pistol, you need to be prepared to use it - which he apparently wasn't. The car owner had a weapon of his own and didn't just roll over like junior thought he would.

And mommie couldn't wait to start blaming everyone else for the fact that she raised a juvenile delinquent.

Yet another reason why I don't live in a densely populated area.
I might have heard two versions of that inteview....mama even mentions something about being prepared to use it.

Seemingly no questions as to why he was on this side of the river, or had no sense to surrender the pistol his buddy gave him.

The carry laws are different in MD. The area the kids were from (southside) is a little tougher and probably people do illegal things to protect themselves. On the Northside of the beltway there would be easy pickings for car jacking. They played the odds incorrectly by coming to VA.

Status
Not open for further replies.