Local CL has primo '69 Ampeg Gemini VI

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
Love that era Ampeg. I had a '68 B15 and like the ad says....lol. First thing I did, in the 60s, was put wheels on that thing. Nice piece of gear there.

lowatter

Tele-Holic
Wow...what a beauty and in in incredible condition. I'm sure it won't last long.

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
Love that era Ampeg. I had a '68 B15 and like the ad says....lol. First thing I did, in the 60s, was put wheels on that thing. Nice piece of gear there.

If it was a Jet or Reverberocket I'd already own it but 'bout filled up on amps so anything that size I have to pass on.

mad dog

Friend of Leo's
I'd hold out for the Gemini II. The VI is a fine amp, but one channel. The two channel II is the same amp, but can be jumpered. I always ran my Gem II jumpered, so found the second channel essential.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I owned a '66 ( kind of ragged) Ampeg Gemini ll for a few years,
that had a 1X15" EV SRO Speaker in it ( with a small tear in speaker I actually taped over!) and just amazing breakup and sustain when cranked, plus fantastic Reverb and Tremolo. Big amp, big sound!

But it just never got the gigs, stayed at home.
Even with wheels it was just big and goofy, vs. my '68 Deluxe Reverb, which by comparison, was just much more compact and efficient.

Sadly, both gone ( dang $$!!) miss them!

gitold

Poster Extraordinaire
Ahh, my first amp. It’s 1970 and I have a Jazzmaster and a Ampeg Gemini VI. Why oh why can’t I get those crunchy sounds all my guitar idols have? Why does Ken’s funky old Fender amp, or Andy’s Silvertone twin 12 sound cooler then my hi-fi jazz amp. I guess I’ll have to wait a few years for someone to invent od pedals.