loaded aluminum Tele body Ebay find

24 track

Telefied
Ad Free Member
for those of you interested in a HH all aluminum T type body I found this on Ebay made from aircraft aluminum

s-l1600.jpg

its loaded with some great pickups , CTS pots etc read the ad description for details

fenderchamp

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
basic specs such as how thick it is, it looks skinny to me, and weight and neck pocket depth are absent. Lots of gushy tone description though. SD marketing would be proud.

24 track

Telefied
Ad Free Member
basic specs such as how thick it is, it looks skinny to me, and weight and neck pocket depth are absent. Lots of gushy tone description though. SD marketing would be proud.
I'm south paw so I'm out of the race , I'ld be interested in the dynamics of it though , the parts are no slouch for the price alone

I guess one could ask the seller for that info if they are interested , shielding would not be an issue .

I pulled this pic to get some sort of info on the neck pocket size

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

intersting for sure

Last edited:

Beebe

Tele-Afflicted
Anyone ever see a solid one? Apparently Aluminum is about three times heavier than wood on average. But making it a bit thinner and removing material from under the pickguard would reduce the weight.

24 track

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Anyone ever see a solid one? Apparently Aluminum is about three times heavier than wood on average. But making it a bit thinner and removing material from under the pickguard would reduce the weight.
if you go to the link in post #1, he put a removable back plate , and in all probability CNC'd a hollow cavity.

s-l1600.jpg

24 track

Telefied
Ad Free Member
It looks insanely cool. It’s either machined hollow and very light or it’s a sled.
agreed ,these could be answered with a few questions to the seller

242.00 USD right now 8 days 16 hrs to go not bad for a pair of Seymour D's PAF pickup signed by Seth Lover and Seymour D.
that alone rocks

ahiddentableau

Tele-Afflicted
That's pretty awesome. It looks fantastic.

I also wonder about weight. Did they use a 70s custom style body because it's an anchor? I'm also curious how it sounds. All that metal has to have some impact on the electronics.

24 track

Telefied
Ad Free Member
That's pretty awesome. It looks fantastic.

I also wonder about weight. Did they use a 70s custom style body because it's an anchor? I'm also curious how it sounds. All that metal has to have some impact on the electronics.
I think it would have great shielding, density , and sustain , great pickups and CTS pots