Livonia/detroit guitar shops?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by fasteddie42, Sep 11, 2019.

1. fasteddie42

fasteddie42 Tele-Holic

So wtf is this thing?

Like a tweed lo powered twin with a power soak and tremolo??

2. Bellacaster

Bellacaster Tele-Holic

From the interwebs:
    Another unique feature for the Eric Clapton range of Fender amps is a power attenuator allowing you to keep that 'over-the-edge' tone without actually pushing the volume beyond your needs (help reduce spill/reflections in the studio, keep neighbours on side at home!)

The Fender Twinolux is hand made in the USA to exacting standards and built in the same way as the original Fender Twin amps were in the 1950s which is to say with a lot of care and attention! The circuits are based specifically on the FE8-A model Fender Deluxe and use four 12AX7 preamp tubes, two 6V6GT output tubes and two FU4 Rectifier tube as well as premium components and Mercury Magnetics custom transformers. The two offset speakers are Special Design 12" Weber by Eminence speakers that can be disconnected and the output sent to any external 4 ohm cab.

... the EC Twinolux is a fascinating variation on the tweed '57 Twin amp and our answer to his call for a special model with several distinctive features. Handmade in the United States with '50s-era output tube bias tremolo (which produced a more throbbing pulse than later Fender tremolo circuits) and a switchable power attenuator (reduces speaker output and can disable one speaker for even lower output), it presents the pinnacle of personally inspired amp tone for stage and studio alike and is a must for Clapton fans and guitarists who want the ultimate in tube performance. Features include hand-wired all-tube circuitry on eyelet board with premium components; circuit based on late-'50s Fender Twin amp model 5E8-A (about 40 watts); single channel with high-gain and low-gain inputs; tremolo with speed and intensity controls (can be selected with included footswitch); dual Special Design 12" Weber speakers (by Eminence) with alnico magnets for dynamic, sensitive response; two Groove Tubes 6L6GE output tubes, four 12AX7 preamp tubes and two 5U4 rectifier tubes; Mercury Magnetics custom transformers; finger-joined solid pine enclosure for warm, resonant tone; lacquered tweed covering with vintage-style brown/gold grille cloth and leather strap handle. Deluxe fitted cover included.

3. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Glad you had a good time.

Lotsa stuff. Sensory overload . I played one of those $1600 Marshall Studio Vintage amps last time I was there and lost an hour.

Did you go into the amp room ?

I usually drag whatever I want to play into there - they don’t mind.

Unless I have my slide - then I’m not self-conscious .

Nice acoustics in the acoustic room too.

BTW - their layaway policy is the most generous and mellow I’ve ever encountered. You just bring the item to the counter and they ask how much you want to put down on it, give you a slip and you’re on your way. I’ve never had a time limit , never had anyone call or text me - it’s pretty funny !:lol:

They’re notorious, in a good way, of not knowing what they have in stock/in storage. They sold me a NOS Muddy 5 years ago and my Corvette was in their stock 7 years ! :lol:

4. fasteddie42

fasteddie42 Tele-Holic

They had two pawnshop 72's in stock........ TWO!

That was too much of a good thing. I was seriously overwhelmed bynthe scope of their stock in the show room.

I dont think I really scratched the surface, but I sure had some fun.

5. scelestus

scelestus Tele-Meister

I'm pretty sure the owner has a hoarding problem. It's amazing. You can walk around the place five times and see new stuff each time.

In 2017 I watched them unbox a brand new 2009 Les Paul. Sometimes you just see crazy stuff laying around.

Good times!

6. fasteddie42

fasteddie42 Tele-Holic

EC Twinolux.jpg

I think this the schematic.

For Any of those savvy amp schematic readers, does this have the attunation feature laid out??

7. D_Malone

D_Malone Tele-Meister

I’m from Detroit. This is the correct answer. :cool:

8. bluzkat

bluzkat Tele-Holic

I got my NOS Muddy Tribute from them also. I bought it in 2016 and Fender tells me... it was made in 2005. Its amazing what gets lost in the stockroom. :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.