Live music - what was the last thing you saw?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Digital Larry, Sep 10, 2020.

  1. Swingbass

    Swingbass Tele-Meister

    Age:
    69
    Posts:
    101
    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2011
    Location:
    Nature Coast FL
    Joe Bonamassa. Providence Performing Arts Center in R.I in May 2012. A small intimate venue with excellent acoustics. He was awesome. He played as you may expect. What I didn't realize was how well he connected with the audience. Of course 80% of the audience was guitar players, the other 20% was their dates.
     
    Digital Larry likes this.
  2. Flakey

    Flakey Friend of Leo's

    Posts:
    4,745
    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2011
    Location:
    The Land of 10,000 Lakes
    A neighborhood driveway concert with a band fronted by Lisa Keith (songwriter, backing vocalist for Janet Jackson, lead vocalist on Herb Alpert's 1987 album and other Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis productions) and Spencer Bernard (King's English, producer, and songwriter). It was a good time and great to hear live music again from excellent musicians!
     
    Digital Larry likes this.
  3. regularslinky

    regularslinky Tele-Afflicted

    Posts:
    1,424
    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2004
    Location:
    NEPA USA
    Jawbox in Philly, June 2019. Great show! And at 54 years of age my first participation in a mosh pit - very unpleasant and completely unintentional, but I brag about it anyway!
     
    Digital Larry likes this.
  4. Omiewise65

    Omiewise65 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

    Age:
    58
    Posts:
    1,458
    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2009
    Location:
    Bavarian Iller Delta
    Joe Jackson in march 2019
     
    Digital Larry likes this.
  5. Squidface79

    Squidface79 TDPRI Member

    Age:
    42
    Posts:
    56
    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2020
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    I'd sell my nan to see the flaming lips in a small intimate venue.
     
    Digital Larry and CajunJ like this.
  6. Squidface79

    Squidface79 TDPRI Member

    Age:
    42
    Posts:
    56
    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2020
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Slipknot at the O2 arena, not normally my cup of tea but Christ on a bike they put on a show, and the fans were so happy to be there.
     
    Digital Larry likes this.
  7. CajunJ

    CajunJ Tele-Holic

    Age:
    41
    Posts:
    867
    Joined:
    May 20, 2020
    Location:
    NC
    It was great. It was at the Orange Peel in NC.
     
  8. Squidface79

    Squidface79 TDPRI Member

    Age:
    42
    Posts:
    56
    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2020
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    When they come to England it's always a epic show at a large venue, that's if your lucky enough to get a ticket.
     
  9. still_fiddlin

    still_fiddlin Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

    Posts:
    2,920
    Joined:
    May 6, 2009
    Location:
    Texas
    The Lone Bellow, Feb. 26, 2020, at The Heights (Theater), Houston TX.
     
    Digital Larry likes this.
  10. Junkyard Dog

    Junkyard Dog Friend of Leo's

    Age:
    47
    Posts:
    2,366
    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2016
    Location:
    USA
    Either the Stax reunion show (Eddie Floyd, Booker T, Steve Cropper, etc.) at the 9:30 Club or Bill Kirchen and Tom Principato at the Birchmere...can’t remember which. Actually now that I think more about, it was probably Martina McBride at American Music Theater in Lancaster.

    This is not counting bands that I opened up for or anything like that...just shows where I was the paying customer.
     
    Digital Larry likes this.
  11. Deathray

    Deathray Tele-Afflicted

    Age:
    56
    Posts:
    1,711
    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2019
    Location:
    Central illinois
    Peter Frampton for me, as well. July 28th, 2019- my 55th Birthday.
    Great show, indeed!
     
    t-ray and Digital Larry like this.
  12. dragonfire709

    dragonfire709 TDPRI Member

    Age:
    43
    Posts:
    54
    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2017
    Location:
    Hampshire, UK
    Nope it was Sub 59 (I think) in Reading. Cracking gig. They just get better and better somehow.

    Cheers

    Roy
     
    Si G X likes this.
  13. blue metalflake

    blue metalflake Doctor of Teleocity

    Age:
    67
    Posts:
    13,217
    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2005
    Location:
    ireland
    Adam Lambert with Queen - must be 2 years ago.
     
  14. Rocky058

    Rocky058 Tele-Afflicted

    Age:
    63
    Posts:
    1,040
    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2009
    Location:
    Clearwater Florida
    The last live music?

    Me. Last night about midnight.

    It wasn't good.
    [​IMG]
     
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.