Little bikes are fun.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Submitted for your approval....my 'little guys'. The 278cc, spunky, zippy, and stylistically elegant Italian, and the utilitarian yet visually extravagant 350cc Indian. Both of them combined put out less 3 HP less HP than my 47 hp 650 Royal Enfield does.
View attachment 1036522
Maybe I'm missing something in your photo?
I see the ' Italian' ( assuming that's the blue scooter) and the Royal Enfield on the red ramp, right?

So where is the Indian?

- apologies if I got it wrong!

Frisco 57

Tele-Holic
I dig minibikes! I got a couple that I've restored and ride around my neighborhood. I'm sometimes referred to in my neighborhood as the "Circus Bear!"

BTW the tee shirt reads "Send Lawyers, Guns & Money," it seems like the correct attire!

IMG_2804.jpg

39martind18

Friend of Leo's
View attachment 1036557

I really, most sincerely, desire one of this little rascals. HondaCT125 trail.

However, I’m 6’3” and ~235lbs.

My wife says I’d look like a circus clown.

I still want one.
Back around 1970, when I was 20 or so, my aunt and uncle bought the family a Honda Mini-Trail 50. My cousin was about 6'4" on his way to 6'6". He and I would go trail riding with him on that Mini-Trail 50. He had to steer that thing between his knees, and would even ride it up a large, leaning tree near his house. If he ever got in trouble on it, he'd just stand up and let it move out from under him- really funny to watch!

Mouth

Friend of Leo's
Having had and ridden truly fast bikes, I really did have a lot of fun wringing everthing out of a CB500 trying to keep up with more modern >1000cc bikes.

Knows3Chords

Tele-Holic
A kid down the street from us growing up had a little Indian 20 and his brother had a Yamaha YZ80. Those things were a blast. The YZ was crazy fast. As a teen I had a Honda 90 and then a Yamaha 100 Enduro. That was before everything went to mono shock. Short legs didn't cut it after that.

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Maybe I'm missing something in your photo?
I see the ' Italian' ( assuming that's the blue scooter) and the Royal Enfield on the red ramp, right?

So where is the Indian?

- apologies if I got it wrong!

Ah!.....a little trick I play on those who may be unfamiliar with modern Royal Enfield motorcycles....which are made in India, and are entirely an Indian company.

The Indian-made motorcycle is on the lift table.

If one chooses to be somewhat anal about it, Royal Enfield motorcycles are more honestly an 'Indian' machine than the original or Polaris-generated motorcycles of the same name ever were.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Ah!.....a little trick I play on those who may be unfamiliar with modern Royal Enfield motorcycles....which are made in India, and are entirely an Indian company.

The Indian-made motorcycle is on the lift table.

If one chooses to be somewhat anal about it, Royal Enfield motorcycles are more honestly an 'Indian' machine than the original or Polaris-generated motorcycles of the same name ever were.

Thanks John,

To push my ignorance even further (btw, everything I know about motorcycles comes from your threads, here),
are the Royal Enfield bikes made in India, actually interpretations (updated, maybe?), of the original 'Indian' brand? Or am I off on this?

Where were original Indian motorcycles produced?
Thanks!

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Thanks John,

To push my ignorance even further (btw, everything I know about motorcycles comes from your threads, here),
are the Royal Enfield bikes made in India, actually interpretations (updated, maybe?), of the original 'Indian' brand? Or am I off on this?

Where were original Indian motorcycles produced?
Thanks!
”Indian Motocycles” (intentional missing “r”) were produced in Springfield Massachusetts. Royal Enfields were British, but so many were used in India, that they were produced there under license. When the British company folded, the Indian producers acquired the name and kept on making them. With India ascending as a manufacturer, and the popularity of “heritage” products, Royal Enfield is a far bigger motorcycle manufacturer than it ever was.

So, Royal Enfield=British style, Indian manufacture

Indian=American style, as interpreted by Minnesota snowmobile company.

KyAnne

Tele-Afflicted
In order to enjoy riding a scooter, even one as classic, and yes...classy, as an Italian Vespa 300, one must learn to suppress one's vanity to some degree, and just allow the purity and pleasure of the experience to overcome all preconceived notions concerning riding such a machine.
Truth!