Little bikes are fun.

ozcal

Tele-Afflicted
lol at cheap thrills... i have a ktm 350, my wife has a yamaha tw 200... i ride the tw quite a bit for errands etc... i tell everyone it belongs to the wife...

drf64

Doctor of Teleocity
Looks cool!

But show us an image of you, riding it. I've got a little (very little) Suzuki my Dad handed over to me and I feel (at 5 foot 8 and 170 pounds) very much the circus clown, riding it. If it was just 10% bigger, I'd probably use it a lot.

View attachment 1036557

I really, most sincerely, desire one of this little rascals. HondaCT125 trail.

However, I’m 6’3” and ~235lbs.

My wife says I’d look like a circus clown.

I still want one.
You 2 should form a posse

MikeBee

TDPRI Member
I worked at a Kawasaki shop in Campbell CA in the80's. KZ400's a little dowdy and neglected, not really for the enthusiasts. I always claimed them when they came in. Loved to get them running smooth and responsive. Put on my orange open face Bell with face shield for the test drives. They all had crappy tires that wandered all over. I don't ride anymore, but would buy one in a heartbeat if it had a title. Ran into one without title, that guy was sketchy. Small bikes can be fun. Ninja 250, not much fun for me.Had fun helping friends keeping them race ready.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
In order to enjoy riding a scooter, even one as classic, and yes...classy, as an Italian Vespa 300, one must learn to suppress one's vanity to some degree, and just allow the purity and pleasure of the experience to overcome all preconceived notions concerning riding such a machine.
That and a little donut cushion! ;)

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I enjoy seeing John's stories about his travels, but I won't lie, those motorcycles made a believer out of me a long time ago. Believer? I believe I don't want no more broke bones, and don't like bouncing down the road on my head, OR the seat of my pants. Some are born to ride; some are born to fall.

RollingBender

Tele-Afflicted
Vendor Member
Wife and I purchased a couple mopeds this spring and have a great time riding them around town. I use mine as a daily driver and have saved a paycheck or two worth of gas.

Occasionally, we will trailer them to some touristy place and take in the sights. My daughter rides on the back with me.

Zoom in on the street sign.
50069D2A-7C5B-447D-8351-759D9E8CD8C2.jpeg

HoodieMcFoodie

Telefied
Ad Free Member
View attachment 1036557

I really, most sincerely, desire one of this little rascals. HondaCT125 trail.

However, I’m 6’3” and ~235lbs.

My wife says I’d look like a circus clown.

I still want one.
You should get one. I ride a 1994 Honda CT110 which is the bike the Trail 125 is based upon. I've kitted mine out with a long range tank (purloined from someone's long lost XR250) and set it up for adventure touring.

Here's a photo of my CT110 alongside my mate with his DR650.
IMG20220821115613.jpg

pdmartin

Tele-Meister
1664973197372.png
Not my actual bike but identical to the one I had a ton of fun on in the early 70s. If I kept the mufflers decoked I could cruise at 55-60mph but I was also more streamlined back then. Through the years my bikes kept getting bigger until I had a Gold Wing Aspencade. A two wheeled Cadillac for sure but decided I needed something easier to maneuver around parking lots and went to more midsized naked bikes. Then, I discovered Moto Guzzi’s. Have a ’17 V9 Roamer and loving it. Still, I sometimes pine for the days of the smaller two strokes.

drf64

Doctor of Teleocity
lol at cheap thrills... i have a ktm 350, my wife has a yamaha tw 200... i ride the tw quite a bit for errands etc... i tell everyone it belongs to the wife...
You just need to admit that the TDub is really fun and you like it. Because that is true. Wish I had never sold mine.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Submitted for your approval....my 'little guys'. The 278cc, spunky, zippy, and stylistically elegant Italian, and the utilitarian yet visually extravagant 350cc Indian. Both of them combined put out less 3 HP less HP than my 47 hp 650 Royal Enfield does.
View attachment 1036522
A week or two ago, the History Channel had a program relating the development of Japanese cars after WWII......and seeing a Honda Cub brought back memories of Jr High School, and the "cool guys" (not me) riding those to school. I wanted one so bad......