Link, the movie with the chimp that goes crazy.

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
H
I wasn't aware we saw it like that now.
Here in the UK there is a definite move towards all types of animal acts and performances. Dressing up chimps, having them ride bicycles, big cats doing circus tricks and elephants sitting on their haunches. From my experience Seaworld in the States no longer train orcas and other mammals. For me the jury’s out on sea lions and dolphins as both seem to ‘want’ to interact with humans.
It’s an emotive subject where everyone has their own view as to where the line is drawn.

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
H

Here in the UK there is a definite move towards all types of animal acts and performances. Dressing up chimps, having them ride bicycles, big cats doing circus tricks and elephants sitting on their haunches. From my experience Seaworld in the States no longer train orcas and other mammals. For me the jury’s out on sea lions and dolphins as both seem to ‘want’ to interact with humans.
It’s an emotive subject where everyone has their own view as to where the line is drawn.
So it means no more trained animals, in movies or circus or water park ? We still get zoos ?
I agree with the circus thingie, or water park thingie. But trained animals in movies are not abused (well not nowadays at least. Might be different if your name was sergio leone back in the day), and in zoos, well i feel sorry for tigers or big animals who used to live in the wild. I am ok with smaller animals.

scrapyardblue

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Mata Hairi

Screenshot_20220418-155004~2.png

sonicsmitty

Tele-Holic
H

Crushing animal employment opportunities!! I'm shocked!