1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Line 6 Spider Jam 2.0 reviews

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Boxla, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Boxla

Boxla Tele-Meister

Hi all. I recently was messing around with one of these at the store. I liked a lot of the features and tones. It seemed pretty loud when I quickly turned it up. Has anyone ever gigged with one? I'm fairly sure I want to get one and probably get the footswitch as well. Any pros and cons? I was very impressed with the different tones, especially the distortions. I do mainly play clean and while I heard some nice clean tones, in my limited time with it, I don't think I found a killer Fender style clean tube tone but it must be in there somewhere.

One thing that makes me nervous with this type of amp, and I probably should not be, is all the technology and digital stuff that could get glitchy like other electronics. Is that anything to worry about? I've never owned any Line 6 stuff before.

Has anyone ran pedals through it?

I currently gig through a 2 x 12 Yamaha cab with the matching Yamaha THR100HD head. I like it, it's plenty loud for our gigs but I can tell I already prefer the tones of the Line 6 over it. I also play through a little, but loud, 5E3 that I put together.
    Thanks!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.