1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Line 6 M5 - I think it goes back

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Durtdog, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Durtdog

Durtdog Poster Extraordinaire

Thought I'd modernize my board a bit and add a multi effects pedal with some sounds I don't usually use. I know the M5 has been around for a long time, but I just bought one new. Felt pretty good about it, the price was right, and everyone raves about the verbs and stuff in this pedal.

Well, I can't find sounds I like in here. The verbs are ok, but the delays add a digital crispness I don't like. The chorus is kind of ok, but just doesn't knock me out. Tremolo is good, but the rotary speaker sound and the rest just sound bad to me. I can't use any of the distortions or ods. And to top it off, my old eyes don't read that little screen so well when the unit is on the floor.

I've read so many rave reviews, I keep thinking I'll find the good sounds, but I haven't. Is it just me? am I missing something?

2. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Friend of Leo's

Well, the tech is approaching 10 years old and hardware like that, while groundbreaking in the day, will probably seem lacking compared to what current modeling can do.

I would suggest, for Line 6, look at the HX Stomp or HX Effects, if you want to spend that kinda money. Terraform and MD-200 are both great pedals depending on how you like your modulations.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.