Line 6 Helix Owners Club

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by RyCo1983, Sep 22, 2017.

Which model(s) do you own?

1. Floor

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. LT

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  3. Rack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Native

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 63telemaster

63telemaster Tele-Meister

HX Stomp user here. I play full time in a touring band, mostly acoustic but with some electric duties. The Stomp is just the perfect one box gigging solution for me and after using it for the last six months or so, I wouldn't be without it.

RyCo1983 likes this.
  2. Average_Joe

Average_Joe Tele-Holic

Thread sent me down a rabbit hole and found Paul Hindmarsh's channel :)

RyCo1983 likes this.
  3. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

I've got an HX Stomp (couldn't vote as it wasn't one of the choices). I use it mostly for electric guitar, but I also have 2 presets for acoustic guitar (using some 3 Sigma Audio IRs). I started out keeping several of my overdrive pedals, but as I learned how to dial things in, I've gradually eliminated all of them. My board now consists of a wireless receiver, a tuner, a 2 button footswitch for preset scrolling, and a 4 button MIDI foot controller for turning effects on and off, etc. I power it all with power banks and voltage converters (5V to 9V). I have one very large power bank (30000mAH) feeding the Stomp, and a second, much smaller power bank (10000mAh) feeding the wireless, tuner and MIDI. I also use a Boss dongle based wireless to go from the Stomp's output to either my amp or my FRFR, so my board is totally wireless (input, output and power). Very liberating - I throw my board down on the floor, turn things on, and I am ready to go. When using a guitar amp (Vox MV-50, Princeton clone or Bassman clone mostly), I turn off the AMP+CAB block in my presets. I plan to duplicate the presets and have one set without any AMP+CAB blocks, but just haven't gotten around to it since I am still always tweaking the presets. I have only been into modeling since the summer. Before that I was a tube amp guy through and through. But I am sold now. I still love my tube amps, but there is no reason NOT to use modeling when it sounds this good.

RyCo1983 likes this.
  4. RyCo1983

RyCo1983 Tele-Afflicted

Welcome!

I'd erase the poll if I could...because it does not allow for changes to be made

5. Togman

Togman Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Hi all,

I'm not an owner yet - but I'm very close to purchasing a Helix Floor. But before I do, I have a few questions for you owners out there....

1) Most of my work these days is playing in pit bands for various stage musicals. This means that I am constantly changing the pedals on my Boss BCB-60 board to accommodate what is required for the current show. Also, I currently run my effects through a Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18 that has an XLR output to the board. From what I can gather, the Helix will overcome both of the above problems?

2) I also perform as a solo act playing Shadows (Hank Marvin) instrumentals to backing tracks. Most of these performances are in small venues that do not require me to have a mic for announcements. But there are a couple of larger venues that would require a mic. I assume this is what the 'Mic In' input is for on the Helix. This might be a stupid question - but I just want to make sure.

3) I use about 12-13 different delays for the Shadows act. I can see that there is provision to store 8 pre-sets on the Helix. Is it quick and simple to move to another bank for the rest of the pre-sets?

4) I also play Bass Guitar on rare occasions. Could this be played through the Helix into a suitable FRFR powered cab?

Thanks all.

RyCo1983 likes this.
  6. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I don’t have time at the moment to get too detailed, but yes you can do all of that.

The Helix is designed with people like you in mind. It really excels at useful and easy to use customization.

RyCo1983 and Togman like this.
  7. Bob Womack

Bob Womack Tele-Afflicted

I bought a used, mint Helix a month ago and it was delivered on 2.80 release day. Great timing. I've kept it up to date so I'm on 2.82. This is my third generation of modeler and yes, it is a huge step forward.

Bob

RyCo1983 likes this.
  8. RyCo1983

RyCo1983 Tele-Afflicted

1. Yes, with ease.

2. Yes, you can run separate signal chains. There are templates to run up to 4 signal chains built into it.

3. 8 SNAPSHOTS...which are presets WITHIN a preset...so look at snapshots like...each preset is a "pedal board and amp combo". The snapshot system lets you manipulate a ton of individual parameters of different pedals/amps/etc, as well as on/off status, of anything that you have added into a preset. The Helix has the space for over 1,000 presets...and banking through them is NOT difficult. You have snapshots within presets...presets within setlists...and I believe 8 total setlists (of 128 presets IIRC)

4. Absolutely... or just go direct

Togman likes this.
  9. Togman

Togman Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Thank you Hawk & RyCo1983 for your replies. Very much appreciated.

This old-timer might have more questions once I get my hands on the Helix!

RyCo1983 likes this.
  10. RyCo1983

RyCo1983 Tele-Afflicted

Not a problem.
    There is a Facebook group with 25000+ members. I searched your listed hometown and a few posts did come up for locals using the Helix too.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.