1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Line 6 G50

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by lstdukestking, Oct 2, 2020.

1. lstdukestking

lstdukestking Tele-Meister

Just bought a used G50 off Facebook for cheap. It's in great shape. There's only one problem. I went to plug it in to my Voodoo Labs ISO 2 Plus and discovered the plug needs to be rotated 90 degrees, and even if I could rotate it...it's too thick to fit between the rails of the pedal board (Pedal Train Classic Pro)

Has anyone else had this issue? How did you deal with it?

For now I'm just going to plug it in separately, but want to plug it into my board long term.

Here's the plug form the wireless. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DC1Power--line-6-dc-1g-power-supply

2. DougM

DougM Poster Extraordinaire

Any 9v DC adapter capable of 500ma or more with a center negative plug should work.

3. Guitharley

Guitharley Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

I think your saying your using the auxiliary power outlet on the voodoo, maybe because to use a regular centre negative barrel connector the unit only has 2 power spots that go as high as 250ma.
    There is such a thing as a current doubler cable but I have no experience with it.
    I was running a G30 into my power board using just 250 ma port but never had great success...even plugged in using it with supplied power cord it was hit and miss at most venues I tried to use it, so really could never pin down the issue with mine

4. codamedia

codamedia Poster Extraordinaire

Find a power supply that you won't have to rotate. It's just a 9V, Center Negative, 500ma supply... there are many of those available by many company's. I use a BOSS PSA with my G50, a One Spot will work, etc.... etc....

Another option is a short extension on the power supply. Instead of plugging an odd shaped supply into the voodoo, it's just a normal plug. Tie both the extension and power supply under the board. You can orientate it any way you need to.

wall-wart-tamer3.jpg

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  5. lstdukestking

lstdukestking Tele-Meister

I ended up just using the 6" extension cord option.

codamedia likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.