Linda Ronstadt on Joe Walsh's radio show tonight

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by DougM, Jul 4, 2020.

1. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

It airs every Saturday at 6pm Pacific time, 9pm Eastern, and 3 pm here, on 88.5 FM. For those not in the LA area, you can find it online at https://www.885fm.org.

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Thanks!

3. TeleTucson

TeleTucson Tele-Afflicted

Much appreciated. I'm a fan of both, but would not have generally envisioned those two in a discussion together. They've both got boatloads of stories, so it should be interesting!

4. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

They've known each other forever, and have performed together quite often in the old days. Remember that the Eagles were Linda's band before they went out on their own. Here they are with the Eagles, Dan Fogelberg, and Jackson Browne. gettyimages-86123955-1024x1024.jpg

5. TeleTucson

I know they have quite a few career intersections, but their stylistic histories really are quite different. I'll be tuning in for a listen!

6. Controller

Controller Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Tried to listen but it wouldn't fire up. I really like both of their styles and music.

7. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

The interview seems to be past and gone at this point. The last live thing stored is in May on that site.

8. TeleTucson

https://www.885fm.org/listen/archive?showid=62&file=Joe_Walsh_Radio_Show&date=20200704

They've got it archived in the link above. The interview is a short pre-recorded phone call in the middle of the whole thing at 1:12:38, and it's a bit disappointing IMO. Joe seems to have been struck by the fact that, when he first replaced Bernie Leadon in the Eagles, Linda didn't have a clue who we was when they met (1:22:04).

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  9. FLHT

FLHT Tele-Meister

Sadly, that doesn't play for me, nor do any of their other archived links I've tried. It looks like it's loading, but it never starts to play. The "wheel" keeps turning, but the start and stop times remain at 0:00. I've had this problem on other sites as well. I wish I could figure out what the problem is. Maybe it has something to do with being on an iPhone, I can't say for sure.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.