1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Lightweight Giggable Amp??

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Sollophonic, May 3, 2011.

1. henry b

henry b Tele-Meister

There is a Cube 60 in the for sale section on here .UK.

2. ADK Teleman

ADK Teleman Tele-Afflicted

I am a huge SCXD fan. I have had one for 2 years and will never part with that amp. it is amazing! I love the sound and options that it gives me! IMO you can't go wrong buying one of these.

3. Sollophonic

Sollophonic Friend of Leo's

Havent got round to getting a new light amp yet, band have had poorly singer problems, plus I have been struggling a bit too.

But we rehearsed last night and I travelled light.

1 Squier 51 plus my modded Valve Jnr combo, which I last used through a cabinet and it sounded too crunchy.

Figured I would have to manage

Guess what?

That little amp sounded glorious!!

Clean, bright, clear.

Might not cut it at a gig, but last night at rehearsal volume, everyone said it was the best they had heard me sounding for ages.

As for my date with the scalpel.......

Four weeks away.

Lets me get the next two gigs and my birthday out of the way (one of the gigs co-incides with this)

4. Tele-phone man

Tele-phone man Tele-Afflicted

Can you get Carvin in the UK? Their new micro-amp looks real tempting.

5. jamblehamblebum

jamblehamblebum Tele-Meister

cube ok but fender mustang ii or ii cheap , versatile and feather light . ideal i would have thought

6. dotpc

dotpc TDPRI Member

This is late, but I love my Tech 21 Trademark 30. It is a tonal chameleon in the right hands. Very loud (especially with an amp stand). I've played many gigs with it and it had no problems keeping up with heavy-handed drummers. Plus the sound is very warm (it's 100% analog and has a real spring reverb tank). I don't think the tech 21 gets enough love, especially considering how lightweight (around 25 pounds) and well-made it is. Even better it has an XLR out.

I can't even count the number of people who have asked me if it was tube, even after playing through it! I've owned a variety of high-end tube amps and the Tech 21 is a perfect gig-worthy tone monster!

.pc/iPad/TDPRI

7. rokdog49

rokdog49 Friend of Leo's

+1 for the Pathfinder 15R. I love mine. Under twenty pounds, inexpensive and has the Vox "Tone" You'll need to mike it through a PA to get the cleans in a bigger room, but if your in a small room probably not. I love the "growl" from this thing when you boost the gain.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.