Liggett Picasso - BLACKGUARD

Is this build too non-traditional for you?

• Yes, I prefer fender copies

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No, I like unique takes on Fender classics

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

Liggett Guitars

TDPRI Member
Next up is the Liggett Picasso BLACKGUARD

Vintage sounds and style with a modern twist. With it's one piece flame maple neck, flame maple fretboard, and ash body, this guitar feels and plays like an old classic. The neck is unbelievably comfortable with a "soft C" carve. Genuine Ebony wood binding adorn the master-grade maple fretboard. Premium woods, proprietary hardware, and adornments give this guitar a little something extra, everywhere you look there are special touches.

$2399

*Specs*
-Liggett "Vintage Hot" Pickups
-Canary Yellow Milk-Paint relic finish
-Ash body
-25.5” scale, zero fret
-Evo frets
-Flame Maple Neck & fingerboard
-Ebony binding
-Burl Headstock inlays
-two-way truss rod
-Gotoh tuners
-Nickel & Brass accents
-Flame maple & ebony knobs
-Hard Case

Video & Sound Samples Soon

Adjustments.jpeg

IMG_6463.jpeg

Adjustments.jpeg

Adjustments.jpeg

Adjustments.jpeg

Adjustments.jpeg

IMG_6422.jpeg

63 vibroverb

Tele-Afflicted
Damn that’s actually really cool! Kinda half tele, half 335-ish in the lower bout. Definitely has that distorted Picasso vibe.

For that kind of money, I would prefer the string ferrules in the back flush and a more finessed finish (hand-rubbed oil stain or a more uniform nitro). A personal preference, but that’s just me.

tubelectron

Tele-Afflicted
Is this build too non-traditional for you?

Of course not ! Fonky and nice shape, indeed... Very good job ! :cool:

I really dig it and would steal you the templates... :twisted:;) And built a version with TOM and Bigsby ! "The Liggett Picasso Lefty Wobble special"... :cool:

And Lefty, of course.:D:)

-tbln

Tone Specific

Tele-Meister
Vendor Member
Thank you. Right now I have a batch of three of these going.
They have chambered mahogany bodies, walnut necks, and ebony fretboards. I’m planning on doing nitro finishes on these.
Can't wait to see them. It's a pretty interesting guitar. Combining two of the great all time artistic ideas into one work of art. It's genius!

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I like it. I saw it when it was first listed in our classifieds. Great blend of old and new.

drewg

Tele-Holic
Next up is the Liggett Picasso BLACKGUARD

Vintage sounds and style with a modern twist. With it's one piece flame maple neck, flame maple fretboard, and ash body, this guitar feels and plays like an old classic. The neck is unbelievably comfortable with a "soft C" carve. Genuine Ebony wood binding adorn the master-grade maple fretboard. Premium woods, proprietary hardware, and adornments give this guitar a little something extra, everywhere you look there are special touches.

$2399

*Specs*
-Liggett "Vintage Hot" Pickups
-Canary Yellow Milk-Paint relic finish
-Ash body
-25.5” scale, zero fret
-Evo frets
-Flame Maple Neck & fingerboard
-Ebony binding
-Burl Headstock inlays
-two-way truss rod
-Gotoh tuners
-Nickel & Brass accents
-Flame maple & ebony knobs
-Hard Case

Video & Sound Samples Soon

Adjustments.jpeg

IMG_6463.jpeg

Adjustments.jpeg

Adjustments.jpeg

Adjustments.jpeg

Adjustments.jpeg

IMG_6422.jpeg

I've seen a couple of your guitars on other sites– One was on CL in Portland, Oregon, awhile back, and from there it linked to a California independent luthier site. I have to say I think your designs are beautiful. If I could, I would. Maybe sometime down the line..