1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Lifespan of good power tubes?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by telewacked, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Red Planet

Red Planet Tele-Meister

I havent said a word about the tubes. I have just expressed my disapointment about thier marketing practises and am not interested in sending my money to someone who is deceptive. Those tubes may be the best on the planet although because of the shadowy info concerning them I'm not willing to find out and would guess they arent.

2. Tremo

Tremo Banned

What's there to like about a BS artist, hypemeister and price gouger?

Clearly, the GT12AX7-M is nothing more than a Chinese copy of a Mullard. It's not a real Mullard. It's not NOS. It should be judged on an even playing field with all of it's current production peers, like the Ei, EH, JJ, Sovtek and other Chinese. A current production Chinese tube does not merit NOS pricing, regardless of any hype that it's coated with. Ditto for their 6L6GE.

3. Doc

Doc Tele-Afflicted

Then do not buy these tubes. No one has asked you to do so. I might even agree shady is appropriate in some cases here, but I am not sure much past that is appropriate. I also suggest that shadey advertising and price gouging is the business model used today in many major companies. I assume you were as angry, and were calling names; and wished to boycott Fender for similar issues when they partook in such as practices as unpublished veneers on strats, teles and other production gutiars? Clearly these were advertised as "solid" so at best this is shadey. It can be argued that price gouging also occurs with Gibson in many cases.

My issue here is not that you folks do not like them, I think that is fair. It is the degree do anger that seems conveyed in the messages about them I find disconcerting. This is an issue for each of us to make a subjective decision about - what is or is not something we will buy. Depending on one's frame of reference one can make the claims leveled here about a fair number of other companies than those we discussed. I can support folks right to make such decisions and and say why. The thing that seems to need here is to deal with the intensity so that for some rookie there is a degree of balance. The degree of name calling and the disproportionate degree of hostility towards GT expressed here just seems over the top for me.

In any case, I am out of this at this point as it is obvioulsy no longer an issue for which a discussion can take place. It is an issue of passion that is in play.

Take care,

Dale

4. Red Planet

Red Planet Tele-Meister

Well I myself have never been good at getting my point across Tactfully. I mean no one any hard feelings including GT. It just comes out sounding harsh. I do stand behind my opinion. I wish the best to all.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.