Life is good.

SuprHtr

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I speaks volumes about the character of the young man that he's accepted you so fully. You are blessed! On the topic of estrangement, my first wife managed to turn all three of our daughters against me when she divorced me after 17 years. Friends and family supported me through a good 10 year period where I had little or no contact with the girls. I was not included in any weddings. Then the ice broke and two of them realized I was not as bad as their mother made me out to be. I am now blessed with many grandchildren and a good relationship with both daughters and their husbands, whom I greatly appreciate. I continue to pray for my youngest daughter to reconcile with me. Things can turn around when you least expect. My stepmother told me continually that my daughters would eventually come around and it was hard to believe, but she was right.

Vibroluxer

Tele-Afflicted
I speaks volumes about the character of the young man that he's accepted you so fully. You are blessed! On the topic of estrangement, my first wife managed to turn all three of our daughters against me when she divorced me after 17 years. Friends and family supported me through a good 10 year period where I had little or no contact with the girls. I was not included in any weddings. Then the ice broke and two of them realized I was not as bad as their mother made me out to be. I am now blessed with many grandchildren and a good relationship with both daughters and their husbands, whom I greatly appreciate. I continue to pray for my youngest daughter to reconcile with me. Things can turn around when you least expect. My stepmother told me continually that my daughters would eventually come around and it was hard to believe, but she was right.
That's the outcome I'm hoping for and you are spot on about my son. I am blessed and due to the situation with the other 3, I'm fully aware of how blessed I am. Thanks for sharing!!

Tonetele

Doctor of Teleocity
My wife left me nearly ten years ago. No violence, arguments, no other bloke ( i know of) -she just went. haven't spoken to her and am excluded from family events. I feel your pain . Fortunately both my sons visit me often and say "I Love You Dad" when they leave. I must've done something right.

Vibroluxer

Tele-Afflicted
My wife left me nearly ten years ago. No violence, arguments, no other bloke ( i know of) -she just went. haven't spoken to her and am excluded from family events. I feel your pain . Fortunately both my sons visit me often and say "I Love You Dad" when they leave. I must've done something right.
I'm hoping I did too, Brother. It's a special kind of pain and disappointment. But, like you and your boys, at least I have one on my side and that's a good start.

ndcaster

Doctor of Teleocity
I've had a rough go of things the last 8 years. Divorce, job lost, estranged from my kids. They live in FLA and I haven't seen them since they moved. To say it's mostly sucked would be accurate.

About 25 yrs ago I met a young woman and saw her twice. We slept together the 2nd time we met and never saw her again. She was pregnant. Over the years I tried on and off trying to find her but to know avail. She got married and I didn't know her or the baby's last name. I later found out she was married and divorced twice.

About a year ago I googled what I thought was her maiden name, it was long and Polish, and surprisingly, after all this time, I found her. Sadly it was her obituary. But I found my boys last name and, for the first time, I looked someone up on Facebook and there I found him.

Very nervously I contacted him through messenger and he replied. It was a very positive, short conversation. A few months later he came to visit and we met at my parents and he is a very nice, spitting image of his mom and his 3 siblings on my side, young man. Over the following months he came back twice more and brought his new bride the last time. She's just as nice as he is.

Two weeks ago he planned a big family get together in his home town which is about 4 hrs from where I live and invited all of my, his, family from the Pittsburgh area. He lives about 2 hr's west of Philly. Needless to say, I was quite nervous about all of this but was also really excited.

To my amazement, and happiness, my parents, 2 brothers and a sister and all of their families made the trip. Only one brother couldn't make it because his fiance was landing from a European vacation.

We all arrived Friday night and the get together was Saturday. Man, was I nervous. Saturday came, we arrived at the park and got the welcome of a lifetime. He invited his entire family! Grandparents and siblings and Aunts and Uncles and cousins all of the marriages. And everyone of them gave me hugs and smiles to last for days. Except for his Grandpa, her dad, but all is good and went well

I'm typing this at 3am so it might be a little choppy but man, I never felt so welcome it my life. For all the ways it could have turned out, especially after my previous 8 yrs, man, Im blessed.

I'm glad to be breathing and very happy to know my "new" son. Btw, he only introduced me once, to another guy, and said "This is my Dad, Paul". Man, that made my year.

Thanks for reading. Life is good
That might be the best thing I've read this year.

Actually, make that a bunch of years.

Happy for you, bro.

cometazzi

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I guess a similarly tangential story....

My Dad married his HS sweetheart right out of high school. It was either just before or just after he got drafted into the Army. With his first wife there were 2 daughters. His first wife left him for someone else soon after when the kids were very young.

Some years after the divorce he meets another lady. They get married, have 2 kids. I'm the oldest in this union. My younger sister is the black sheep of the family. I've never been close with her, and we haven't talked for over a decade. She also never visited Mom and Dad once she left home.

About 5 years ago, I started corresponding with Dad's youngest from the previous marriage. Turns out we're a whole lot alike, and we've both enjoyed a new bonding as adult siblings. We didn't grow up together, but we both wish we did. I don't call her my "older half-sister" I call her my "older sister". When I talked to Mom and Dad, we all agreed that she's "one of us".

Dad didn't have much contact with her (and none with the oldest) until about 5 years ago. Unfortunately, at that time he was dying of cancer. I wish he were around to hang out with "us" as his kids, because he (and my older sister) would have loved it. We'd have made a great family together.

That is all.

Vibroluxer

Tele-Afflicted
Man, that's a great tale! I can understand your happiness and am happy for ya.

Thanks for all the great comments, I love this place, you guys are great!

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
I've had a rough go of things the last 8 years. Divorce, job lost, estranged from my kids. They live in FLA and I haven't seen them since they moved. To say it's mostly sucked would be accurate.

About 25 yrs ago I met a young woman and saw her twice. We slept together the 2nd time we met and never saw her again. She was pregnant. Over the years I tried on and off trying to find her but to know avail. She got married and I didn't know her or the baby's last name. I later found out she was married and divorced twice.

About a year ago I googled what I thought was her maiden name, it was long and Polish, and surprisingly, after all this time, I found her. Sadly it was her obituary. But I found my boys last name and, for the first time, I looked someone up on Facebook and there I found him.

Very nervously I contacted him through messenger and he replied. It was a very positive, short conversation. A few months later he came to visit and we met at my parents and he is a very nice, spitting image of his mom and his 3 siblings on my side, young man. Over the following months he came back twice more and brought his new bride the last time. She's just as nice as he is.

Two weeks ago he planned a big family get together in his home town which is about 4 hrs from where I live and invited all of my, his, family from the Pittsburgh area. He lives about 2 hr's west of Philly. Needless to say, I was quite nervous about all of this but was also really excited.

To my amazement, and happiness, my parents, 2 brothers and a sister and all of their families made the trip. Only one brother couldn't make it because his fiance was landing from a European vacation.

We all arrived Friday night and the get together was Saturday. Man, was I nervous. Saturday came, we arrived at the park and got the welcome of a lifetime. He invited his entire family! Grandparents and siblings and Aunts and Uncles and cousins all of the marriages. And everyone of them gave me hugs and smiles to last for days. Except for his Grandpa, her dad, but all is good and went well

I'm typing this at 3am so it might be a little choppy but man, I never felt so welcome it my life. For all the ways it could have turned out, especially after my previous 8 yrs, man, Im blessed.

I'm glad to be breathing and very happy to know my "new" son. Btw, he only introduced me once, to another guy, and said "This is my Dad, Paul". Man, that made my year.

Thanks for reading. Life is good
bitter this is to me, and personally so. my solution was a vasectomy as I want not a family of any kind.
I learned from the last accidental pregnancy and the complications can become myriad.
I can now be intimate without the fear of unwanted pregnancy. My partners not wishing to conceive are honestly appreciative of my actions. Intimacy without the darker aspects, no longer haunt the moments of being intimate. It's nice to know that I will never be invited to a medical procedure again.

kids.jpg

teletail

Friend of Leo's
Thanks for the wonderful support. I knew she was pregnant for about a week before she let me know that she was getting married and her new husband wanted to adopt the baby. I talked to my parents and a priest and they advised me that this was the best way to go. I was young stupid and very irresponsible so I followed the advice. We lost contact immediately afterwards.

Now my take would be entirely different.
If you were young, stupid and irresponsible, maybe it was for the best. It had a happy ending and that’s important.

Vibroluxer

Tele-Afflicted
If you were young, stupid and irresponsible, maybe it was for the best. It had a happy ending and that’s important.
Sadly, I was young and irresponsible for many years after that. I went through a long rebellious stage and new better than most. Combined with some serious reckless behavior, i'm amazed I lived long enough to have kids.

I like I said, life is good. Thanks for the kind words.

Vibroluxer

Tele-Afflicted
It’s nice to hit a home run in the game of life once in awhile, after striking out a few times. Congrats.
After the last ten years I have a very strange yet calming feeling a second act is coming. But I have no idea what it might be. Many thanks, I'm grateful for all of the kind thoughts and words. Thank you!