Life is good.

Vibroluxer

Tele-Afflicted
I've had a rough go of things the last 8 years. Divorce, job lost, estranged from my kids. They live in FLA and I haven't seen them since they moved. To say it's mostly sucked would be accurate.

About 25 yrs ago I met a young woman and saw her twice. We slept together the 2nd time we met and never saw her again. She was pregnant. Over the years I tried on and off trying to find her but to know avail. She got married and I didn't know her or the baby's last name. I later found out she was married and divorced twice.

About a year ago I googled what I thought was her maiden name, it was long and Polish, and surprisingly, after all this time, I found her. Sadly it was her obituary. But I found my boys last name and, for the first time, I looked someone up on Facebook and there I found him.

Very nervously I contacted him through messenger and he replied. It was a very positive, short conversation. A few months later he came to visit and we met at my parents and he is a very nice, spitting image of his mom and his 3 siblings on my side, young man. Over the following months he came back twice more and brought his new bride the last time. She's just as nice as he is.

Two weeks ago he planned a big family get together in his home town which is about 4 hrs from where I live and invited all of my, his, family from the Pittsburgh area. He lives about 2 hr's west of Philly. Needless to say, I was quite nervous about all of this but was also really excited.

To my amazement, and happiness, my parents, 2 brothers and a sister and all of their families made the trip. Only one brother couldn't make it because his fiance was landing from a European vacation.

We all arrived Friday night and the get together was Saturday. Man, was I nervous. Saturday came, we arrived at the park and got the welcome of a lifetime. He invited his entire family! Grandparents and siblings and Aunts and Uncles and cousins all of the marriages. And everyone of them gave me hugs and smiles to last for days. Except for his Grandpa, her dad, but all is good and went well

I'm typing this at 3am so it might be a little choppy but man, I never felt so welcome it my life. For all the ways it could have turned out, especially after my previous 8 yrs, man, Im blessed.

I'm glad to be breathing and very happy to know my "new" son. Btw, he only introduced me once, to another guy, and said "This is my Dad, Paul". Man, that made my year.

Thanks for reading. Life is good

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Super! That is so great!

Two years ago, my MIL discovered a long-lost daughter of her brother (since passed, unavailable for comment)...similar circumstance. The families have united making it a great thing.

This new addition lived several states away. But by crazy coincidence, her daughter works at the same elementary school as my son here in town and lived a block away from my MIL.

Vibroluxer

Tele-Afflicted
Thanks for the wonderful support. I knew she was pregnant for about a week before she let me know that she was getting married and her new husband wanted to adopt the baby. I talked to my parents and a priest and they advised me that this was the best way to go. I was young stupid and very irresponsible so I followed the advice. We lost contact immediately afterwards.

Now my take would be entirely different.

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
Yours is an inspiring story.

Mine is similar, after seven years of trying to live with a toxic narcissist, I gave up on relationships after she left me for a newer, sportier model.

Less than a year later, here I am dating a lady I never knew was even interested in me and we have so much in common. Eight months and nary a cross word.

Didn't mean to detract from your thread...I just wanted to agree that everything happens for a Reason.

Thanks for sharing. I know how difficult it is to reach out to someone not knowing the reaction.