Let's talk about the Weather

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
You said you are/were a board rider. You live in home of Shaggy's. Go north, get your new skis, go more - all the way - north when Boho is open. Season pass weekend is coming up - $99 or $109 for no blackouts. Some other MI lift tickets are included. It is hard to be annoyed by humanity and crowds near Lake Superior in winter.
And - my son lives in Marquette !

Skating/boarding days are behind me (knees) and the only thing I can do with my knees is bike.

Fatbike trails are no good because of my neck so -

nada…😑

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
It's odd, when I was a hound hunter, I loved the high country in the winter, because the snow was on, and you could easily see what your dogs were running by the tracks in the snow. Once they were on a trail, it was impossible to lose it because the scent was smeared on the snow of what they were after.

I spent many a night up there, when I would bed up, I had a super sleeping bag, that I would sometimes wake up with a foot of snow on me, and still be warm as toast in the bag.

Now I'm like the woman I met in Wisconsin who complained to me that her old man had brought her to that Godforsaken place, and she was leaving in the spring if she had to walk out of there. I know California has a lot of problems, but nine jillion homeless have proven you can live outdoors here year around. I'd rather deal with three months of summer heat, than spend fifteen minutes in the snow. For those of you who haven't experienced it, you have to be a masochist to be out in eight below zero weather which is not unusual at all in Wisconsin in the winter.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
And - my son lives in Marquette !

Skating/boarding days are behind me (knees) and the only thing I can do with my knees is bike.

Fatbike trails are no good because of my neck so -

nada…😑
My best friend from college days (and my best man first time around) was diagnosed with an inoperable and terminal form of lung cancer 15 years ago: They gave him five years tops. He is now on dialysis and in need of a kidney. He remains in bright spirits when we chat on the phone, but I wonder if it was me, there wouldn't be a loud bang and someone would have to paint a wall ...

We all need to count our blessings. I'm nowhere near the cat I was at 30, 40, or 50, but I still manage to drag my necrotic carcass to the gym 3-5 days a week and I still drive, bowl, and do some other crap I've been doing forever.
Now I'm teaching myself slide and having a ball. Point is, there's always someone worse off than you that deserves your prayers and there's always something we can do to take our minds off the ticking of that infernal clock...🥳🎂💀

Lou Tencodpees

Tele-Afflicted
I moved from Michigan to Florida November 2013, then to Texas in 2020. We dodged one of the worst winters in 2013. I have no nostalgia for snow, even though these Texas summers can be brutal. All things considered, if I'm going to suffer I prefer to do it in shorts and a tee shirt.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
home made, there's nothing like it , it's the best.
You know whether it's drive-thru, or the finest French cuisine when it's run through the system, it's all about the same. You're probably going to need:

1665861671454.png