1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Lets talk about Crossroads

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by TonyBabagan00sh, Jan 26, 2011.

1. paulsoud

paulsoud Tele-Meister

Michael Cera as Eugene? No way... He's too quirky/indie.
    That being said, I watched the movie on Netflix (It's on Streaming) as a result of this thread and thoroughly enjoyed it. Mindless and cheesy, but fun with a killer soundtrack.

2. Joombi

Joombi TDPRI Member

you are all wrong....... BRENT MASON PLAYED EVERYTHING ;)

3. telewhat

telewhat Banned

This is proof tha Macchio is better than Vai

4. LMDAVE

LMDAVE TDPRI Member

This movie doesn't need a remake, it needs a sequel. (similar to how The Color of Money was a 30 year sequel to The Hustler).

Macchio and Vai can both play their parts as 25 years later. Joe Morton can play the new devil.

I started a storyline for the sequel that it would be cool to show John Fusco (original writer) and have him put his writer's magic to it.

BTW, the high note on the Telecaster was always known to be the high E string pulled down an fretted on the pickup, producing the high note. You will even see in the movie before Jack Butler tries to bend to the note, he first pulls down and his finger comes off. Somehow, he knew that Eugene did that, and he tried it first. Afterwards, he tried the bends. I read about that a while back.

5. hatman

hatman TDPRI Member

Thought the film was cool. Very bad acting, not a great story line, but still, cool.

6. ' burn 08

' burn 08 Tele-Afflicted

just added it to my netflix que. I see a lot of possibilites with a remake of this movie. It is just a cool story and a platform to put out some cool music.

7. JoeWill

JoeWill TDPRI Member

This is one of the better ideas I have heard today...I mean it!

8. buckallred

buckallred Tele-Meister

The winner. Though i think Gregg Allman could be a good devil. Or gene simmons.

9. Nogbad

Nogbad Tele-Holic

Keef....Prince of darkness!

6l6-57 likes this.
  10. westin

westin Tele-Meister

I thought Al Pacino did a great devil for Devil's Advocate, but then again, any one looks great next to Keanu. Sam Jackson for Willie Brown. Jack Black for the kid... [it could work! :p ] --

Really, I like the movie the way it is. Sure it is hokey, with obvious flaws, but I don't think anyone could throw a movie title out here that everyone would agree is a great movie.

11. ' burn 08

' burn 08 Tele-Afflicted

Watching it... wait for it.... now

12. Michael

Michael Tele-Holic

I caught this thread through the recent link, and was reminded of a book about the life of Robert Johnson written as a screenplay. It must be twenty years since I bought it, but I'm sure it's in my basement. I'll post the title if I find it. Michael, with one "L"!

13. surfoverb

surfoverb Doctor of Teleocity

George Lucas should make a prequel! Then it would truly suck.

14. surfoverb

surfoverb Doctor of Teleocity

fixed

15. chabby

chabby Friend of Leo's

I have to admit - I liked the movie enough that I went and rented it a year or so ago because I hadn't seen it since it was new. It wasn't quite as good as I remembered, but still worth seeing. It was kind of schmaltzy by today's standards especially, but it was okay. Not nearly as much playing as I'd remembered in my head, that part disappointed me.

But I wanted a Tele bad after watching it when it was new. The Tele was the blues for me after that. And that's kinf of funny considering I grew up on blues almost exclusively.
    Its just that in the age of vinyl and no MTV, we didn't always get to see what folks were playing unless you got to see them live, which was rare.

16. telemenow

telemenow Tele-Meister

Vai at the end played most of his parts, but all the classical (on electric too) was Bill Kanengiser...orignal end was Roth vs. Cooder in a slide duel........

17. 6l6-57

6l6-57 Tele-Meister

I liked the movie. It was cheesy in parts, but it had blues, Robert Johnson, Tele's and some amazing music. The guitar duel was epic !

18. teleplayr

teleplayr Tele-Afflicted

It's in my DVD collection.

19. dlew919

dlew919 Doctor of Teleocity

I like it. It’s the telling of the legend rather than fact, and some problematic ideas, but a great closing scene. And a great performance by everyone.

If it had been cooder versus Roth, I don’t think I’d have coped. I’d have died of hero worship. But vai is awesome too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.