Let's talk about Classic cartoon series and what you hate about them.

Flip G

Tele-Holic
These things made Hanna Barbera look like Pixar.

Hercules! People are safe when near him.
Hercules! Only the evil fear him.
Softness in his eyes,
Iron in his thighs,
Virtue in his heart,
Fire in every part,
Of the Mighty Hercules!

Plus Helena, Tewt, and Newt.
"That's me!!! That's Me!!!"
hqdefault.jpg

Red Ryder

Tele-Afflicted
Yah! And where's Wally Gator? Touche Turtle? Lippy The Lion and Hardee Har Har?

Peter Potamus?

Ruff 'n' Reddy?

If you really want the bottom of the cartoon barrel, go looking for Terrytoons...

Or Total Television's "King Leonardo and his Short Subjects" (even so, some quotes would live on. In my family, we often used the phrase "Help me Mr. Wizard!", which is from the Tooter Turtle segments).

What could be better than a country whose entire economy is based on bongo drums?

kylejf90

Tele-Meister
i grew up on syndicated stuff too, and in the golden era of nickelodeon, batman, genndy tartakovsky, and 90s anime. looney tunes holds up against them. the hanna barbera stuff does not. and the WB stuff in that era aside from batman or pinky and the brain (pushing it) was pretty schlocky as well.
I forgot about Pinky and The Brain!

swervinbob

Friend of Leo's
I hate all cartoons, comic books, and tv in general. The lowest point of my life I was so bored I found myself watching quantum leap re-runs on the rabbit ears. I will take my own life before that day comes again. TV=for people with nothing better to do. There is always something better to do. Certainly I've offended someone but your time is yours to waste on what you like and mine on mine. Get serious about your guitar, about gear, about going to the beach or a music event or making new friends. Exercise. Drink a few beers on the porch. Raise chickens. Spend time in prayer. Smoke a brisket. Spend time on TDPRI. I always have better things to do. I can't handle passive activities.
And the award for Miss Congeniality goes to…

Censport

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
So very sophisticated, the Hanna-Barbera cartoons certainly were not. But there's more. And this irk point is more directed to the Flintstones, as that series was presented and broadcasted to be a sitcom, aimed at adults and full with humor that was more adult.
Just wait until you watch Animaniacs.

Whatizitman

Poster Extraordinaire
Jay Ward, Alex Anderson, Bill Scott had a bunch of post-Bullwinkle stuff that was great.

George of the Jungle
Superchicken
Dudley Do-Right

I loved it all.

HoodieMcFoodie

Telefied
Ad Free Member
"Space Angel, 1962-1964, is not remembered for excellence in animation. In fact, it's amazing how little animation actually went into it. Its one outstanding technique was Synchro-Vox, in which actual human lips were superimposed on still drawings to simulate speech."

I remember seeing Space Angel. Man that was one weird show.