Lets see those worship boards

DannyStereo

Poster Extraordinaire
Interesting that you have the looper in the middle of your board rather than the typical setup of having it in front. Any reason(s) why that is?

My current cable lengths won't accommodate having it all the way at the front. I bought my Lava solderless kit when I didn't have a looper, ergo I made lengths that don't quite add up.

I plan to get some more cable and re arrange my board then to have the looper up front.

pokett

TDPRI Member
IMG_7730.JPG
IMG_8155.JPG

Baja Tele into the board, out of the board into the front of my Egnater Tweaker 15, and for the last month I've been going out of the Egnater into a Jet City Jettenuator (passive/resistive power attenuator) taking up the full load, and sending the mic sim signal direct to the console. I've been happy with my sound through the mains, but it's been sounding really thin/weak through our monitors, so I'm considering going into my Crate GT112SL I recently got off Craigslist this week. I may even still send the mic sim direct to desk, but this way I can have the signal pulled almost all the way out of the monitors and rely on the Celestine speaker in the cabinet for monitoring…

pokett

TDPRI Member
View attachment 379380
View attachment 379379

Baja Tele into the board, out of the board into the front of my Egnater Tweaker 15, and for the last month I've been going out of the Egnater into a Jet City Jettenuator (passive/resistive power attenuator) taking up the full load, and sending the mic sim signal direct to the console. I've been happy with my sound through the mains, but it's been sounding really thin/weak through our monitors, so I'm considering going into my Crate GT112SL I recently got off Craigslist this week. I may even still send the mic sim direct to desk, but this way I can have the signal pulled almost all the way out of the monitors and rely on the Celestine speaker in the cabinet for monitoring…

Used the cab and the mic sim at the same time and it made a world of difference for me on stage. Also heard from one of our sound guys/techs that my guitar sounded much better - his take was that having the speaker taking some of the load as opposed to it all being on the attenuators helped the amp. Totally might be true, but it's an open backed cab, so there was certainly some leakage into the room at large which may have been what he was hearing too… our mains are WAY better than our monitors (which my guitar always sounds terrible through, even when mic'ing with competent EQ work) but still I don't think they're AS good as the speaker in the cab, or rather they are responsible for and are pushing a lot more frequencies than just my guitar signal…

blowery

Tele-Meister
Current board, sounded great sunday!

I'm getting a triple favorite switch for the Strymon, so that should give quite a lot of options.

index.php

index.php

therealfindo

Tele-Holic
Played Bass last Sunday..
fbb8cb4aa92b249e93dbedff55fd0bf5.jpg

MacBook was running pads for a view songs. The T-Rex CompNova is from my guitar board but sounds great on bass, actually.

Pat D

Tele-Meister
This is my current setup.

pedal-board-jpg.391244

Here is a video of its use this past Sunday. Songs at 1:00, 7:00, and 12:15.

The video has a little of everything. Slide, swells, and some pretty girls :)

Attachments

• Pedal Board.jpg
    Pedal Board.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:

Pat D

Tele-Meister
Sounds very nice! Is that a Blacktop Tele? And are you using an amp?

2015 Telecaster HH MIM.

images

Turns out to be the perfect guitar for me. It has a coil tap on the tone knob. You pull the knob out for single coil pickups, and push it down for dual humbucker mode. The second song was in humbucker mode on the bridge pickup.

I was playing through a mic'd Blues Deluxe stashed in the back room.

My regular amp is a 30W Egnater Rebel that I like better, but this isn't my home church, so I just use their amp when I play there.

Nice! :)

I like your clean tone on the 3rd song, btw.

Thanks! That was with the Tele HH in single coil mode with the pickup switch in the middle position. Just a bunch of reverb and delay added in.

DannyStereo

Poster Extraordinaire
2015 Telecaster HH MIM.

images

Turns out to be the perfect guitar for me. It has a coil tap on the tone knob. You pull the knob out for single coil pickups, and push it down for dual humbucker mode. The second song was in humbucker mode on the bridge pickup.

I was playing through a mic'd Blues Deluxe stashed in the back room.

My regular amp is a 30W Egnater Rebel that I like better, but this isn't my home church, so I just use their amp when I play there.

Thanks! That was with the Tele HH in single coil mode with the pickup switch in the middle position. Just a bunch of reverb and delay added in.

Very nice! Coincidentally enough, I got asked to fill in tonight at a prayer and worship time from 7-9pm at a church I don't normally attend. I'll be playing a Les Paul through my Blues Deluxe with a Jensen C12n.

I love that Tele too. I'm a humbuckers guy (these days) and I love Teles with rosewood boards. Someday...

yeatzee

Tele-Meister
Whoa whoa whoa. You gotta elaborate my friend! Especially on that SG!!!
Its my 1963 Les Paul Junior (last year they had Les Paul written on the headstock), which in the early 70's was modded with a rare 1972 embossed logo Gibson humbucker installed in the neck position. Super cool super unique player grade vintage guitar, love it to death. Middle position is out of phase which makes some sweet quacky single coil sounds giving it even more character than its already got. Its a conversation starter for sure!

DannyStereo

Poster Extraordinaire
Its my 1963 Les Paul Junior (last year they had Les Paul written on the headstock), which in the early 70's was modded with a rare 1972 embossed logo Gibson humbucker installed in the neck position. Super cool super unique player grade vintage guitar, love it to death. Middle position is out of phase which makes some sweet quacky single coil sounds giving it even more character than its already got. Its a conversation starter for sure!

Very, very cool! I'd love to have a p90/bucker setup like that.

Nice board also!

yeatzee

Tele-Meister
Very, very cool! I'd love to have a p90/bucker setup like that.

Nice board also!
They pair surprisingly well in both tone and output. I'm sure its a crapshoot with vintage pickup combinations as different as these though. And thanks! Not generally a board that gets forum people going, but it works!

jonhart

Tele-Meister
I posted this on the main pedalboard thread and forgot to put it here. Anyway, I've been rocking this setup for a while but recently acquired the T1M voltage doubler, (running The Pearl and Ego at 18v.) Also got a sweet new case from Creation Music Company.
743e1671a1b9a548e5b5fe00946ec549.jpg
57a94ed39f7a9e806bb8c12b87d2a89c.jpg
bda21d617b94522209ab3690e130c532.jpg

CapnCrunch

Friend of Leo's
Mostly analog with some digital control...

Love it! A flanger, an envelope filter and a Phaser, and sporting a DOD pedal to boot on a board used for worship music. Definitely not a belly button board. Do you by chance play a Strat or maybe a Teisco with gold foil pickups? That would complete the contrarian theme.:lol: Very cool!

What kind of amp has the Marshall Checkerboard grill cloth sitting behind your board in the picture?

Edit: I almost forgot to comment on the fact that you have no volume pedal. How can you play worship music without a volume pedal? I thought that was a requirement to be let into the club.;)

Last edited:

mRtINY

Friend of Leo's
I play mostly Teles... But I have a Strat-like thin hollow-body (It's like the offspring of a Strat and a Ric 330 See https://reverb.com/item/497949-boutique-custom-shop-hand-made-electric-guitar-by-rousseau-luthier ). I actually have an old DOD flanger now, that's replacing that purple boss flanger someday...

The speaker cloth is on a 1x15 cab (sealed). I don't play it much as the bass player at the alt service is quite busy and very good - gotta stay out of his way.

If the Low Power twin I built doesn't sell on consignment, I'll probably get a Neo 15 from Weber and have a combo cabnet built.... That may be perfect for my Baritone when I play my home church service.

I do have a "strat" that's almost ready to play again. The local luthier had trouble calling Sperzel to get a custom tuner set - but I have it today! ( https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-...interesting-strat.html?highlight=neck+through )